cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's it I'm outta here, Done, Finished, Addios

Thank you and Goodbye, Another seller refusing to pay you a dime more, another good seller you have lost, assisted theft and everything E Bay now stands for does not meet my criteria, far easier and more seller friendly venues out there which i gradually migrated to over the last year, far better results, far better seller protection, and guess what far less fees. Store shut down all listings removed.

Goodbye

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: That's it I'm outta here, Done, Finished, Addios

It's part of the terms of service--you can't encourage people to go elsewhere.

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

@djmovers99 wrote:

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:

Thank you and Goodbye, Another seller refusing to pay you a dime more, another good seller you have lost, assisted theft and everything E Bay now stands for does not meet my criteria, far easier and more seller friendly venues out there which i gradually migrated to over the last year, far better results, far better seller protection, and guess what far less fees. Store shut down all listings removed.

Goodbye

Thank-you.  It's been a great ride.  This morning I closed my eBay store.  There was I time when I could pay a portion of my bills with what I made here.  Not anymore.  There was a time when eBay was my first stop when I needed to buy ANYTHING.  Not anymore.  There was a time when I encouraged family and friends to get involved with eBay.  Not anymore.  I think the reasons are obvious.  So far, I have not listed elsewhere.  I plan on keeping a portion of my core inventory for a while and will monitor the situation here.  I would love to return one day if eBay can save itself from itself.

eBay was in my blood and a significant part of my life as both a buyer and a seller.  I will definitely miss it.  Best of luck to all of you!  I have enjoyed our successes. 

DJ 

I feel for you. I've been "monitoring the situation here" since I got fed up with the ever increasing nonsense along with ever decreasing sales in July of 2010, but with every "update" the result of my "monitoring" is that I saved myself a decade of needless stress. 

Sales are still good.Smiley Wink

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 32 of 67
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@csbbct wrote:

The OP ended all their listings. There should be unsolds in her completeds. There are none, only solds. The unsolds are hidden. 

Thanks, I see that now.  It looks like the only thing eBay is showing in completed/unsolds now is auctions that ended unsold.

Unsold Auctions show, however, I believe that GTC never show up as unsolds. 

Wonder if this means you'll be charged fees on all this under suspicion of selling off eBay...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 33 of 67
latest reply

@kataggr-44 wrote:

If you're referring to my post above... I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything. Merely stating my own plans.

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

My post was not directed to you.  It was to another poster, who I replied to.

Message 35 of 67
latest reply

I'll go with your schedule starting Sept 1. We can compare notes as things look up. 🙂 

Message 36 of 67
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:

Goodbye

It's sad , it's really very sad  that it's come to this for so many others as well. However you're right about other selling venues . They are out there ,,  up and running in a much more fair  and seller friendly  atmosphere . They don't seem to be afraid to invest in advertising either  which is absolutely crucial  for success . Ancient Rome thought it was too big to fall  until it finally did ,, from decay from within . Tulips 

Where are these other venues advertising? I hear ebay ads on the radio all the time now. Never heard one for etsy or smaller sites.

Message 37 of 67
latest reply

Wayfair is all over the TV...and magazines too.
Message 38 of 67
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@wifetrained wrote:

Well, it's been clear for a long time that those in the puzzle palace really haven't got a clue. Ebay has deliberately thrown away what they were to become that which it will never be.....the next "Amazon". Why they ever thought they could without going the same route is a mystery to me and many others I'm sure. They stuck their nose's into areas it had no business let alone expertise, outsourced their customer service and it's little more than a name as a result, treats it's customers as defacto employee's to be squeezed for more and more fee's while subjecting them to absurd standards. They enact policies that encourage fraud and theft while burdening it's customers, the sellers, with additional costs associated with that theft.

Ebay is just a listing venue, that's all it's ever been, that's all it is now, and it's all it'll ever be. They are no longer the only game in town, too much competition now and frankly they were never built to compete with an actual retail operation like Amazon. They can barely keep this site in reasonable working order. Small wonder that sales are down and their only option is to squeeze sellers for more money.

If they were really trying to be the next Amazon things would be a lot better here. I think what they are going for is AliBaba, quite frankly.

Either way, both are retail operations. They purchase, sell and ship inventory. Ebay does none of that, they sell ad space. Beyond that all they do is manipulate their customers, the sellers, via the UA. For a company that is totally dependent on 3rd party sales one would think that they would trip over themselves to ensure sellers were "properly" taken care of in order to keep them here and actually expand their base. But that isn't what happens and hasn't since 2008 starting with the feedback changes. Who knows what new land mines sellers will have to avoid in the upcoming fall update.

Their marketing stinks, always has, they have no customer service worthy of the name, they have lost their identity which made them the number 1 place to go in search of hard to find vintage items and are now just another place on the web. Nothing special, just another place with, sadly, a poor reputation.

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

@kataggr-44 wrote:

But they DO it every day - every listing. There are ads with live links to take the viewer off eBay to other sites.  Evidently the old cliche about what's good for the goose, is good for the gander - does not apply here.  eBay can break every rule in their own playbook and we are just suppose not to notice?

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 40 of 67
latest reply

Totally agree well said, that's why me and many others cannot find that exit door fast enough, never heard so much garbage in my life with the broken English CS, this is just an endless money pit, any liar says anything and we as sellers lose hand over fist, they cannot change a reason for return even if the buyer tells them it was their mistake, not a case of can't, it's won't.

More money from you once your returns are high, measured against who ? They will not tell you, the figures are from La La Land, Promoted listings, what a joke, if everyone does PL what's the difference from before ? Nothing except extra revenue for exactly what we had previous to all this, this place has become a laughing stock, buyers are also leaving in droves, good they are buying elsewhere where i am selling elsewhere, sales have tanked for most sellers, i myself shipped every day without fail, before my bail out i had days upon days without a single sale and reading the posts many are having the same issues.

How do they expect people to pay fees without sales ? Sellers are leaving, buyers are leaving, sellers are downgrading stores or shutting them completely.

The place is a graveyard, Good Riddance.

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

Every on line "site" accepts ad money from other sites

Walmart is best at it.......they mix "not their stuff" directly into most searches I do......and I think that's one reason their on line business is really doing well.............

Message 42 of 67
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

I'm not clear about that....does that company have third party sellers like us?

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

What I know about that company is I ordered patio furniture from them---and never again.  Cheaply made and only lasted 1 year before it fell apart.

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

@moondogblues wrote:

I'm not clear about that....does that company have third party sellers like us?

Wayfair is a drop shipper.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 45 of 67
latest reply