cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's it I'm outta here, Done, Finished, Addios

Thank you and Goodbye, Another seller refusing to pay you a dime more, another good seller you have lost, assisted theft and everything E Bay now stands for does not meet my criteria, far easier and more seller friendly venues out there which i gradually migrated to over the last year, far better results, far better seller protection, and guess what far less fees. Store shut down all listings removed.

Goodbye

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Sorry you re leaving

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 2 of 67
latest reply

Well, it's been clear for a long time that those in the puzzle palace really haven't got a clue. Ebay has deliberately thrown away what they were to become that which it will never be.....the next "Amazon". Why they ever thought they could without going the same route is a mystery to me and many others I'm sure. They stuck their nose's into areas it had no business let alone expertise, outsourced their customer service and it's little more than a name as a result, treats it's customers as defacto employee's to be squeezed for more and more fee's while subjecting them to absurd standards. They enact policies that encourage fraud and theft while burdening it's customers, the sellers, with additional costs associated with that theft.

Ebay is just a listing venue, that's all it's ever been, that's all it is now, and it's all it'll ever be. They are no longer the only game in town, too much competition now and frankly they were never built to compete with an actual retail operation like Amazon. They can barely keep this site in reasonable working order. Small wonder that sales are down and their only option is to squeeze sellers for more money.

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

100% agree. I'm dealing with an ongoing hold on my account (so I can't post items) because their computer thinks the 13.30 credit in my account is somehow unpaid fees and won't let every Ebay person I have spoken to, remove. They all just go through the motions and say wait 24 hours blah blah blah. The hold is still there. The last Ebay employee went so far as to assure me that there was life after Ebay. 

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

@wifetrained wrote:

Well, it's been clear for a long time that those in the puzzle palace really haven't got a clue. Ebay has deliberately thrown away what they were to become that which it will never be.....the next "Amazon". Why they ever thought they could without going the same route is a mystery to me and many others I'm sure. They stuck their nose's into areas it had no business let alone expertise, outsourced their customer service and it's little more than a name as a result, treats it's customers as defacto employee's to be squeezed for more and more fee's while subjecting them to absurd standards. They enact policies that encourage fraud and theft while burdening it's customers, the sellers, with additional costs associated with that theft.

Ebay is just a listing venue, that's all it's ever been, that's all it is now, and it's all it'll ever be. They are no longer the only game in town, too much competition now and frankly they were never built to compete with an actual retail operation like Amazon. They can barely keep this site in reasonable working order. Small wonder that sales are down and their only option is to squeeze sellers for more money.

If they were really trying to be the next Amazon things would be a lot better here. I think what they are going for is AliBaba, quite frankly.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 5 of 67
latest reply

I wish I would have researched selling on Ebay more before I listed my first and only sale.  I listed a keyboard bench for $30 min bid.  Checked other sellers of the same item who listed shipping at $17.  I was just testing the waters with a cheap item before I moved on to selling musical instruments that are in the hundreds of $ range.  I never saw that the customer could chose the shipping method when I listed it.  Regardless the cheapest shipping by ground was 48.75....hahahahaha.  So it cost me $50 with fees to sell a item for $30.  What a joke.  How can people sell the same item for $40 with free shipping?  Glad I tested the waters before listing something valuable and getting totally screwed.  Looking for a better way to sell now.  I’m done with eBay.

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

Ditto.  I'm waiting on funds.  Many of my listings state that I ship within 24 hours of purchase.  The SOONEST I will get my funds is Monday.  Of course, I can always pay for the $25 shipping label myself.  Ebay couldn't figure out to beta test first and to give sellers a running balance?!?!?  I'm beyond frustrated.  I've never had a negative or neutral feedback but I can see them flying in now that my buyers shipping will be very delayed (not to mention the issues the buyers have had in not being able to respond to an offer message, etc.).  Great job, ebay.  Ka-ching.

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

It's an actual relief to be released from the daily torture of E bay, They have turned sellers into gibbering wrecks at the mere mention of a case, assisting anyone who wants to steal our items to make it so easy, taking our money if you dare to contest a blatant liar, and for that privilege we'll charge you extra fees, the amount of liars, thieves,scammers E Bay now attracts because of the so one sided return policies is absurd, No more from me, I now sell on venues that actually respect their sellers and buyers. The final straw for me was E Bay letting someone open an INR Case against me for an item bid on but not paid for, Unpaid item case closed in my favor but then they allow this to happen, In what world does E Bay allow INR cases to be opened for something not purchased ? 

Thank God this is it for me !

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

@wifetrained wrote:

Well said and every single word is true.  True  - tulips 

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

Small wonder that sales are down and their only option is to squeeze sellers for more money. Wifetrained 

It's too bad that myself and so many other sellers  didn't have enough insight  to realize when the  promotions came about they were actually  red flag warnings that this site was in serious trouble . Promotions were not put in place  to help the sellers . They were   in fact a safety net  to prevent the top brass from suffering from the same losses in revenue  as the sellers,, which is kind of like  what you just said.   Tulips 

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:

Thank you and Goodbye, Another seller refusing to pay you a dime more, another good seller you have lost, assisted theft and everything E Bay now stands for does not meet my criteria, far easier and more seller friendly venues out there which i gradually migrated to over the last year, far better results, far better seller protection, and guess what far less fees. Store shut down all listings removed.

Goodbye

It's sad , it's really very sad  that it's come to this for so many others as well. However you're right about other selling venues . They are out there ,,  up and running in a much more fair  and seller friendly  atmosphere . They don't seem to be afraid to invest in advertising either  which is absolutely crucial  for success . Ancient Rome thought it was too big to fall  until it finally did ,, from decay from within . Tulips 

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:

Goodbye

It's sad , it's really very sad  that it's come to this for so many others as well. However you're right about other selling venues . They are out there ,,  up and running in a much more fair  and seller friendly  atmosphere . They don't seem to be afraid to invest in advertising either  which is absolutely crucial  for success . Ancient Rome thought it was too big to fall  until it finally did ,, from decay from within . Tulips 

It's ironic...When I developed my seller account in 2002, those first eight years were so good, I wished I had started sooner.  Then, when I stopped selling here, this past spring...I wish I would have done it sooner...Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

@floranistas wrote:

Ditto.  I'm waiting on funds.  Many of my listings state that I ship within 24 hours of purchase.  The SOONEST I will get my funds is Monday.  Of course, I can always pay for the $25 shipping label myself.  Ebay couldn't figure out to beta test first and to give sellers a running balance?!?!?  I'm beyond frustrated.  I've never had a negative or neutral feedback but I can see them flying in now that my buyers shipping will be very delayed (not to mention the issues the buyers have had in not being able to respond to an offer message, etc.).  Great job, ebay.  Ka-ching.

You should be able to ask Ebay to release $$ for shipping,but if you are running a business,you need to have working capital,  

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

100% agree that you have to have a minimum amount in your paypal account in case of emergency or to pay for shipping.  ebay got rid of the advancing you shipping costs quite a while back.

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

More blatant manipulation, I click on your listings completed and then your listings sold, ebay only shows your listings sold as if you sold each and every item. There is no difference in results completeds vs solds. I have seen this for quite awhile with many sellers but not all. Why ebay is manipulating the completeds and not showing the unsolds is beyond me, except that ebay is manipulating what sellers see when they go to price their items at by trying to use the completeds unsolds vs the solds. How else this manipulation benefits ebay I have no idea, but some reason is there unbeknownst to me. Perhaps as benign as they don't want unsolds taking up server space? I give. 

Message 15 of 67
latest reply