cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Ebay just sent me an email saying " Listings Not Moving, We've Got Ideas"... blah blah blah.  Cracks me up that the data they included in the message is obviously wrong....blah blah blah....please send us more money to promote your listings.

I've had 3 days of slow sales right in a row and then I get this message.  Coincidence?... I'm not so sure.  I'm really developing negative feeling about Ebay and feel like they are working against me most of the time.

Yeah I've got ideas too..... Ebay stinks, the platform doesn't work half the time, most of this week the Seller Hub has had a message that Ebay is having technical difficulties, and they are trying to extort more money from me to provide the service I am already paying for and not getting.

The nerve of Ebay....

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: THE NERVE OF EBAY

Great idea! Unfortunately, I doubt if eBay would ever implement it as they really don't give a rat's **bleep** about what sellers think.

Always a newbie!
Message 46 of 56
latest reply

I feel exactly the same way!

Always a newbie!
Message 47 of 56
latest reply

LOL

Always a newbie!
Message 48 of 56
latest reply

@denim-topia wrote:

Webwanna, I'm not promoting ANY of mine either. 
I saw it right off as a gimmie/gimmie/gimmie. 

However, eBay promoted 4 of my listings for me, I left them "promoted" and watched them close without a sale. Pfffft! 

As a BUYER I hate them. Obviously lots of seller fell for it and I cannot Sort For Price anymore. There will be endless Sponsored listings inserted until I run out of time or patience. How is that helping the buyer?

^^THIS. Finally dawned on me that BUYING is broken here. All the emphasis they heap on sellers is moot if the buying experience is lousy. Sellers are just a captive audience because we're here all the time, hence wanting us to buy extra listing fluff. Fix the buying experience.

I tried to shop here recently and it is impossible. They scramble the listings and start at the top of the page every time you put something on watch. Ebay has eliminated the act of being able to comparison shop.

Message 49 of 56
latest reply

They've been having "technical difficulties" for a few years now.
Message 50 of 56
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@webwanna wrote:

They really need a seller panel to review site changes before implementing them.  Maybe 10-20 sellers, various sizes, to review and vote on proposed site changes.  They might need a seller panel to review proposed marketing emails before sending them out too...  

Gee, I've never thought of ebay as a democracy.

Its definitely not, but maybe it should be? How do you think this top-down approach is working for them the past few years?

Message 51 of 56
latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@escarchac wrote:
Don't give them ideas

Charge sellers an "entrance fee" for every time we need to sign in to our accounts. 🙂

careful, I set out mouselike tongue traps here that hide in plain white

...tongue trap … tongue trap … tongue trap … 

Are those like the "chinese finger traps" from the 80s?

Message 52 of 56
latest reply

@denim-topia wrote:

good morning Mr_Lincoln that touched a nerve about "radio" or "TV commercial ".

For quite a long time the only hint I got that there is an eBay Out There - was on my yahoo email. Ads do show up often and they're really enticing"BUY! BUY!". 

However they are for either an item of MINE or items I looked at while price-checking. Really eBay? There is no filter for that? Y'all used to show me random stuff, totally useless, but at least random never-seen-before stuff. Not any more, now it's "GOING FAST!" and "JUST FOR YOU!" showing a skirt I just listed. I know, I know eBay, it's surely just for me if it doesn't sell, right? 

You mean you can't buy your own skirt and turn a profit?

Message 53 of 56
latest reply

Promoting your listing makes no difference in sales when everyone does it.
My sales dropped from 16 sales to 3 sales per month in Oct, Nov, and Dec.
No sales at all since Dec 29. Just ask em what's wrong and your told there is
something I need to do. I just don't care anymore. Not worth the time or energy
going through all this. Good luck to all! Bye Bye.
Message 54 of 56
latest reply

@equid0x wrote:

@dasarock wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@escarchac wrote:
Don't give them ideas

Charge sellers an "entrance fee" for every time we need to sign in to our accounts. 🙂

careful, I set out mouselike tongue traps here that hide in plain white

...tongue trap … tongue trap … tongue trap … 

Are those like the "chinese finger traps" from the 80s?

lol, more like invisible ink … (highlight the quoted text above to get caught!)

Message 55 of 56
latest reply

@equid0x wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@webwanna wrote:

They really need a seller panel to review site changes before implementing them.  Maybe 10-20 sellers, various sizes, to review and vote on proposed site changes.  They might need a seller panel to review proposed marketing emails before sending them out too...  

Gee, I've never thought of ebay as a democracy.

Its definitely not, but maybe it should be? How do you think this top-down approach is working for them the past few years?

Ohhhh, just about like 'Trickle-down economics'.  The ideas, like the big bucks, stay at the top and the blame and small change trickle down to the bottom.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 56 of 56
latest reply