cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped but didn't ship. How could this happen?

I have an order that shows it was shipped including tracking but I didn't because I wasn't here and no, no one else was either.  I don't understand how this could happen.  Obviously, the buyer will not receive the item because I didn't send it.  Anyone have an idea what is going on here?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipped but didn't ship. How could this happen?

@barneysthisandthat 

In my opinion your account has been hacked by one of the many millions of scammers on the internet.  Most likely they have your bank info as well.  You need to change your passwords on both accounts.  I got hacked by a scam link last week for $120.  They're everywhere.  Sorry for frustration and experience. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

very strange, what does the tracking show?

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

does the tracking show accepted?

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Boy this is a new one sure doesn't make sense.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

What happened:

1. Your system was hacked - if so immediately change your eBay password.

2. You reviewed the order and brought up the shipping to check cost and accidentally generated a label.

3. eBay or computer glitch. Once or twice over the years, I brought up a label and through buffered keystrokes or eBay glitch the screen started flashing and the label was purchased. No chance for me to review dimensions, weight or shipping service.

What to do (if you weren't hacked): 

1. Check the shipping date.

2. Check your eBay shipping label history.

3. Check other services you use for shipping.

4. Check the tracking number history.

5. If the label hasn't been used, reprint and ship your item (verify shipping address).

6. Other option is to try and cancel the postage and repurchase correct postage to ship (update order with correct tracking).

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@barneysthisandthat 

In my opinion your account has been hacked by one of the many millions of scammers on the internet.  Most likely they have your bank info as well.  You need to change your passwords on both accounts.  I got hacked by a scam link last week for $120.  They're everywhere.  Sorry for frustration and experience. 

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Did you print the label?  This will automatically cause a "shipped" message to the buyer.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

That's a bizarre scenario. As @mybigsale said, you were probably hacked. You should change all of your passwords on your accounts. See if you can void the label. If it's a glitch or a hack, I'm thinking that it hasn't had an acceptance scan yet and hopefully it is within the timeframe to do that. Then, create a new label and ship the item to the customer. (assuming you have a real buyer for it?)  I would go one step further and message the buyer and tell them which tracking number to refer to. If you can't create a new label on here, do it on the USPS site and load it onto here with the additional/edit tracking. 

Very weird so good luck to you.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

If it's a hack..........the money information should show going to a different account?  I would certainly call Ebay and ask for Trust and Safety and have them check it out ......wouldn't depend on simply changing the password.......

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

very strange, what does the tracking show?

I'd like to know this ^^^^ too. 

@emerald1830 wrote:

Did you print the label?  This will automatically cause a "shipped" message to the buyer.

This was my first thought. If you purchased a label to comply with your handling time, it'll show as shipped in your account although tracking on the USPS website will show that a label was purchased and indicate that it doesn't mean it was shipped.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Hi,   Never printed or purchased a shipping label.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Hi,  I  called Ebay but the girl had no idea what happened. She was supposed to send it on and I'm hoping Ebay will figure it  out.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Hi,  The cost of shipping was already deducted from my account and I've been paid so maybe the  buyer is legit?  I can't cancel the label.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

No.  I wasn't here to print label or ship anything.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Sorry to hear you are out $120.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply