cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a custom SKU field available on a private seller account?

I cannot locate the Custom SKU field on my sell page. Please help. 🙃 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This is an interesting question. It should not matter whether you are on a business account or an individual account. I checked and see it on both.

I don't know which listing form you're using - quick form, business/unified form, or app?

On the business/unified form the Custom label (SKU) field is just below title and above category on my selling accounts.

But on this account (posting ID) that has never registered as a seller, registered for payments, or listed anything, when I create a draft I do not see the Custom SKU field on either the business form or the quick form. Not sure if it's the account or the browser or what.

I have no issue with custom SKU on variations, but on a single item listing the field is not populating.

Do you have any ideas @shipscript ?

customSKU.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My first suggestion @hmsunshinetx is to make sure you're on the business form. If you're not sure, go to the top right of the page, click on the 3 dots. You will see "switch to business tool" if you're on the quick form, or "switch to quick listing tool" if you're on the business form.

If you're on the business form and still don't see the field, let us know.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

@hmsunshinetx 

The CustomLabel (SKU) field is available to all sellers on the advanced (business) listing form. However, it may not be visible on the listing form if that feature has not been enabled.  On the title section of the listing page, click "edit all options" at the upper right corner:

UNIFIED **** Test Listing. eBay UNIFIED Lister screenshots. Do not buy. - Picture 13 of 36

The popup will allow you to turn on that section to make it visible on the listing form.

UNIFIED **** Test Listing. eBay UNIFIED Lister screenshots. Do not buy. - Picture 12 of 36

While on the listing form, I recommend opening, and reviewing, all of the "edit" popup screens to see what is available to you.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you are listing in Mobile it's at the bottom of the item specifics

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

The CustomLabel (SKU) field is available to all sellers on the advanced (business) listing form. However, it may not be visible on the listing form if that feature has not been enabled.  On the title section of the listing page, click "edit all options" at the upper right corner:

The popup will allow you to turn on that section to make it visible on the listing form.

That was the first thing I checked @shipscript . The option wasn't there. 🤷

On this posting ID account, I see this:

titleoptions.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I checked a business account and a personal account, both enrolled in Seller Hub, and the SKU option is available [Bold, Subtitle, SKU].   I checked a non-selling account (not enrolled in Seller Hub) and SKU is not available (and matches @wastingtime101's  screenshot). 

I wonder if this is a Seller Hub thing?

@hmsunshinetx  

You may need to move to Seller Hub. It has more capabilities and more seller information. If you need a SKU, you probably need Seller Hub.  Business sellers are automatically enrolled in Seller Hub, but Personal sellers need to move there voluntarily.  This is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

I'm thinking that if you launch a new listing from there, you will have more of the options that are hidden.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Nice connection @shipscript ! I figured it had to do with this being a posting ID, but hadn't followed the thought path all the way through.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply