cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

i have a buyer who got the auction and has already paid but is asking that I send through overnight. He is offering to pay for it but I don't trust it. Other than asking to send overnight it seems legit byut I'm afraid he’ll try to return

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Selling

Offer to cancel the sale.

Then you can add Over Night shipping and he can re-pay.

I dont think a return has anything to do with shipping overnight...

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

High value items are targeted by scammers (overnight shipping is a big red flag).  Anyone can pay for item and then "reverse credit card payment" after they receive your item (keep both your money and your item).

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I would say (and it's true) that I've had poor luck with overnite shipping as it doesn't arrive overnite many times.  Buyers get mad at me, USPO doesn't take responsibility and won't refund the excess, etc......so that's the reason I don't  offer it.  If you would like to cancel the sale.......please let me know.......

If you do mail, be sure to use signature required (it's required by Ebay if item is over $750)and to let the buyer know it will come that way........also, get extra insurance.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

You sold a $3700 camera and he wants it shipped overnight.   I would at least Google his address and check out his house just to see if he can afford to buy an expensive camera.  I would also google his name maybe find out a little more about him/her.   This sale maybe totally legit or could be a scam.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Yeah nobody has any need for an AUCTION win to be urgently overnighted.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

1-I would never consider an Internet sale for an item as expensive as your camera.

2-Acceding to post purchase requests, in my experience, tends to be problematic. I did twice in the past and regretted both situations.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@au-022 wrote:

i have a buyer who got the auction and has already paid but is asking that I send through overnight. He is offering to pay for it but I don't trust it. Other than asking to send overnight it seems legit byut I'm afraid he’ll try to return

@au-022 : Are you seeing that camera as Sold and Ready to Ship on your own Sold Items page?

The overnight express request is a common scam attempt, hoping to get your item into the scammer's hands before the account they used for payment is recognized as hacked or stolen, and the payment is reversed. I would suggest dragging your feet on shipping as long as possible before overshooting your Handling time in case eBay alerts you to a recalled payment.

Not totally relevant to your question, but your camera listing states (in the title) that you're selling the body only, and yet you have several photos showing a lens as well. If the buyer is expecting a lens with the camera, they may be disappointed.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@au-022 

Were you contacted by eBay on your page that the buyer paid?  If they want you to overnight it, they need to pay for it.  If not, you need to ship thru the shipping services you offered in your listing.  Remember, you're the boss and you run the show. 

Happy Selling. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@au-022 

Off topic: Not familiar with the term, so what does "Body Only" mean regarding this camera listing?

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

No lenses or accessories.  That's how I read it.  Just the body of the camera and the original lens it came with. 

Hope you're having a great holiday!  

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yeah its showing the money already there and ready to ship and its been about a day so idk how long it takes for it to alert me. The camera has a permanently attached lens so I think it's commonly put as body only. The buyer is trying to get it Saturday but I don't think it'll get there by then so if is hacked I'm hoping it'll be fine. i just don't wanna go through the trouble.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

The buyer has a phone number listed. Is it a bad idea to contact the number and see if he is legit?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I don't change my shipping routine.

What if it is a stolen credit card? That's my thought.

I would only ship by what is stated in the sale.

I would google the address of this person.

I would check feedback and how long they been a member of eBay.

And I would check his feedback if the person has made other purchases related to cameras and stuff.

I would email buyer I cannot do overnight and does he want it to be cancel.

And because you haven't sold anything in a month...funds from this sale will be on hold for 30+ days.

But you have eBay fees from this sale you will have to pay when they are due before 30 days.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@vintage-camerastuff wrote:

You sold a $3700 camera and he wants it shipped overnight.   I would at least Google his address and check out his house just to see if he can afford to buy an expensive camera.  I would also google his name maybe find out a little more about him/her.   This sale maybe totally legit or could be a scam.

Google the address? Seems pointless, if you Google my address it might look to you like I must be able to afford a $3700 camera, I can assure you that I CANNOT.

I have a friend who is into cameras, he probably owns $25,000 of camera equipment and lives in a tiny dump of a house, one step up from a shack.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply