cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreement

Hello I hope everyone is well!  If anyone can get me in touch or let @neamorrissett_0 to please get in touch with me about what were talking earlier at i'd truly appreciate it!  Thank U 😉

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Agreement

If someone is trying to communicate with you through e-mails away from eBay or if it involves eBay gift cards through e-mails, then it is probably a SCAM. Be cautious.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@allanji70 wrote:

Hello I hope everyone is well!  If anyone can get me in touch or let @neamorrissett_0 to please get in touch with me about what were talking earlier, i'd truly appreciate it!  Thank U 😉

You have a link to their profile page, send them a message.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

Do not reply to anything if they mention an email or phone number etc. Once you reply, You broke eBay rules for conducting business outside of eBay. They monitor email. You will be banned. 

If for some reason, there is any trouble within the order, they ask you to contact you. Contact eBay for instruction.

I find it funny that eBay take messages of outside sales seriously. But when seller Broke eBay rules by listing their business number in the listing. They do not take that seriously, even when reports are made. 

They get away with it because of high dollar value items in their listing. But High dollar items lead to loss of revenue of high value fees, who know if the seller is conducting outside sales. eBay doesn't take it seriously. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

posting someone else's personal contact information is NOT allowed on the community boards.

Ebay does not use emails to allow buying or selling on the site.

Only items listed on ebay have any affiliation with ebay.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@allanji70 wrote:

please get in touch with me about what were talking earlier at i'd truly appreciate it!  Thank U 😉

@allanji70 : I don't know what got removed from your original post here, but that person has not logged in to the Community discussion groups here since August of 2022. They will get a heads-up email with a link to get back here, but it would be quicker to just go to that seller's feedback page, which will have a link in there for sending them a message.

If you can click the blue Reply button below and give us some more detail (without personal info) on what has led up to this point, we may be able to help more.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@a_c_green 

They removed the OP's personal email address.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@allanji70 

Can you not tick on the hot (blue) link in your original post and send the user a PM? It looks like I can... 🤔

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

I was messaging with him and the app only let me send cert amount of messages. And was not able to finish our deal due to tht **bleep**

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@wool462742 wrote:

I was messaging with him and the app only let me send cert amount of messages. And was not able to finish our deal due to tht **bleep**

@wool462742 

Are you also the OP, @allanji70? If so, know that users are only allowed to pass a certain number (5?) of questions/messages per day before eBay cuts it off. You (or the OP...?) will get five more tomorrow.

ETA: I think this is because eBay might be concerned with sales being made off the platform, FWIW.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@multiplere_46 wrote:

Do not reply to anything if they mention an email or phone number etc. Once you reply, You broke eBay rules for conducting business outside of eBay. They monitor email. You will be banned. 

If for some reason, there is any trouble within the order, they ask you to contact you. Contact eBay for instruction.

I find it funny that eBay take messages of outside sales seriously. But when seller Broke eBay rules by listing their business number in the listing. They do not take that seriously, even when reports are made. 

They get away with it because of high dollar value items in their listing. But High dollar items lead to loss of revenue of high value fees, who know if the seller is conducting outside sales. eBay doesn't take it seriously. 

There are circumstances where a seller may publish their business contact info in their listings and not violate the rules. The policy states this:

Publishing or displaying contact information in a listing without the permission of eBay, or except as required by law, is not allowed.”

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/publishing-contact-information-policy?i...

For example, if a seller is registered in the UK, their business contact info must, by law, appear in their listings. Another example are those sellers who need to be able to consult with shoppers regarding issues such as technical info prior to the sale. So there are instances where eBay offers permission, etc, for exceptions to the policy to be made.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

Gotcha. Ty. Now I know 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@wool462742 wrote:

@wool462742  Are you also the OP of this thread, @allanji70 ?  

You must have shared a lot of emails with this other member in a 24 hour period.  I'm not sure what the limit is, I think it is 10, but I'm not sure.  In fact I'm not sure Ebay discloses the exact amount allowed in a 24 hour period for security reasons.  But the limits are important to prevent spamming.  

Why so many emails?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

Yea tgts crappy cause I'm a man of my word and he's gonna think I flaked. Which I did not. I have the pack ready to go!Pack

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Agreement

@wool462742 wrote:

Yea tgts crappy cause I'm a man of my word and he's gonna think I flaked. Which I did not. I have the pack ready to go!Pack

@wool462742 

What does that statement mean?  What is "Yea tgts crappy cause"?

Chances are your potential buyer is experiencing the same problem, not being able to contact you because of too many emails between you two in a 24 hour period.  

Try sending them another email 24 hours after you last one.  I would recommend that you don't drag out negotiations over so many emails.  That makes the process way too long and cumbersome.  As a buyer I would have likely just said no because it was taking way too much effort / emails to get something worked out.

You didn't answer.  Are you also the OP [original poster] for this thread?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 18
latest reply