cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns for buyer files SNAD after using Freight Forwarder

I sold an expensive brand new phone on eBay and sent it to the buyers freight address, which was signed for and delivered. The buyer opened a SNAD saying the phone was defective and when I followed up asking what was wrong, the buyer never responded.

I called eBay 2 days ago, and was told to wait for the buyer to respond today, and if not, since the buyer used a freight forwarder, this would not be covered by eBay's MBG, and would follow up today in order to get this case closed, and was told NOT to provide a return label.

I called today, and got an incredibly rude customer support representative who was contradicted everything the last phone rep said and told me to provide the label, which I now have accepted, despite the fact that eBay's own website clearly states on their MBG page:

The item was collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer

Not covered

The item was sent to another address after original delivery

Covered:

Not covered:

• The buyer used third-party freight forwarding or mail redirection

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I've also referred to:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-Using-Freight-Forwarder-Filed-a-SNAD/td-p/31996677

Why doesn't eBay have any set rules and arbitrarily just makes them up?

Has anyone had recent returns like these? How is the buyer going to mail back an item when they used a freight forwarder?

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Returns for buyer files SNAD after using Freight Forwarder

If the FF is in on scamming a seller here, then this certainly could happen.  Not sure how many FF's would actually risk that, but I simply don't know.  

There's nothing that even suggests that the freight forwarder had anything to do with this.

When you don't know what's going on, the logical thing to do would be to not say anything.

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

What you are referring to are buyers in the USA that alter a shipping label in an effort to defraud someone.

@mam98031 

Indeed I am not referring to any such thing. Sorry, if I have not made myself  or the situation clear enough for you. 

Happy New Year to you and yours! 

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

If the FF is in on scamming a seller here, then this certainly could happen.  Not sure how many FF's would actually risk that, but I simply don't know.  

There's nothing that even suggests that the freight forwarder had anything to do with this.

When you don't know what's going on, the logical thing to do would be to not say anything.

I don't post to have your approve.  I did not say the FF was involved, I said it is unlikely they would take such a risk.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

Well, I sent the return label, and the label was somehow used and first scanned from New York City less than 24 hours from the time that it was issued. Not only that but the freight forwarding address was in Miami, which raises flags. USPS tracking said "This item has been intercepted on January 2, 2024 at 10:25 am in XXXXX and redirected as requested by the sender." Which is great because since the buyer is the one sending back the item, I have little hope of receiving it back. Apparently eBay finds this as acceptable, and the buyer escalated the case and the return was found in their favor so now I am out of the money and the phone. I will NEVER accept this decision eBay. I will fight you to the end.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

Review this thread for info on someone I helped before. There has been a few others.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Scam/m-p/33987467/highlight/true#M456924

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Thank you. I browsed some of the posts and will try to work on it.

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

@northvolt wrote:

Well, I sent the return label, and the label was somehow used and first scanned from New York City less than 24 hours from the time that it was issued. Not only that but the freight forwarding address was in Miami, which raises flags. USPS tracking said "This item has been intercepted on January 2, 2024 at 10:25 am in XXXXX and redirected as requested by the sender." Which is great because since the buyer is the one sending back the item, I have little hope of receiving it back. Apparently eBay finds this as acceptable, and the buyer escalated the case and the return was found in their favor so now I am out of the money and the phone. I will NEVER accept this decision eBay. I will fight you to the end.

Don't get too happy yet.  If they used the label you sent them, YOU are the sender.

@northvolt 

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

I was able to get the package at USPS. As expected, what they did was photoshop my name and address and replaced it with a fake name and fake address. I picked it up and video taped it while opening it at the post office, and of course, what they sent was a brand new sudoku book to replace the brand new phone I sent. Thanks eBay!!!!!!

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

@northvolt wrote:

I was able to get the package at USPS. As expected, what they did was photoshop my name and address and replaced it with a fake name and fake address. I picked it up and video taped it while opening it at the post office, and of course, what they sent was a brand new sudoku book to replace the brand new phone I sent. Thanks eBay!!!!!!

Unfortunately Ebay will not accept the video as evidence of anything.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

@northvolt 

Please use the blue message button on the following linked page to get assistance for your issue.  Your "film" isn't going to help you with this, but a photo of the label will.  eBay still may require you to get a 'written' notification form your Post Master confirming that the parcel was not intended for you.  

This same thing has been repeated here over and over.  The regular customer service you get in call back or chat rarely can help.  The people the monitor the social media portals can help.  They know all about it. 

Ask for their assistance with a Fake tracking return scam involving a buyer that used a freight forwarder. You can upload the information they require.    Good luck and let us know how it turns out. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

I've already messaged them a few days ago on FB and also messaged them with what I updated from earlier today as well. They take a while to respond on FB.

I won't stop until I get my hard earned money back.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

I hope you mentioned that as it was forwarded from a FF the buyer lost their MBG so they should never have been refunded.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Oh I did, that was the first thing I mentioned when the buyer opened the return. The first phone rep, Ferdinand was well versed about the rule, and told me this would be resolved per eBays rules in my favor, but the second phone rep on a follow up call eBay rep TEAHORNA was incompetent and told me otherwise and forced this mess to go even further than it should have in the first place.

Anyways, I've moved my appeal over to FB as others have suggested.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

This does not apply to your situation because they filed a claim of not as described, two completely different things.

Not accurate. Once a freight forwarder is used the buyer opted themselves out of the MBG

Message 30 of 39
latest reply