cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedbacks remain on timed out INRs

Just an fyi if anyone was curious. Sometimes I get lazy or whatever to asking ebay to step in and close out my INRs where tracking shows delivered. This one particular one, I knew the buyer was actually trying to communicate with USPS to track down the package. So I didn't bother to close the INR out since I knew I'd already won and the case timing out will have the same outcome as asking ebay to step in.

Anyway, so it timed out and closed due to inactivity. The buyer was able to leave feedback and it didn't get removed. Thankfully it was a positive feedback with a positive comment. Just an FYI to everyone to close out your INRs yourselves if you want to hang onto the seller feedback protection.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That should not be a problem as Ebay automatically will close them.  

Did the buyer leave the FB before or after the INR was closed?  I don't think it prevents a buyer from leaving FB.  

What seller feedback protection?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Yes, as I said ebay closes it when it times out due to inactivity. The feedback remains. It’s a problem if you want that feedback protection.

Did the buyer leave the FB before or after the INR was closed?  I don't think it prevents a buyer from leaving FB.  
I don’t know. The INR closed the same day the feedback was left, and feedbacks don’t have a time stamp anymore so it’s impossible for me to find out. If an INR closes in your favor, you are protected from buyer feedback. I believe eBay still lets the buyer leave a feedback, they just don’t disclose to the buyer that the feedback would eventually not remain in the seller’s feedback page.

Refer to my replies to your previous two questions.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Yes, as I said ebay closes it when it times out due to inactivity. The feedback remains. It’s a problem if you want that feedback protection.

I don’t know. The INR closed the same day the feedback was left, and feedbacks don’t have a time stamp anymore so it’s impossible for me to find out. If an INR closes in your favor, you are protected from buyer feedback. I believe eBay still lets the buyer leave a feedback, they just don’t disclose to the buyer that the feedback would eventually not remain in the seller’s feedback page.

Refer to my replies to your previous two questions.

If a seller wins the case, the FB will get removed.  If no FB is left by the buyer, they will be blocked.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

A INR claim that has no activity by the buyer or the seller will close within a couple weeks or so.  And at that time if the seller wins and the buyer has left negative FB, it will [or should] get removed.

Ebay sees time stamps, so they are there, we just can't see them but they do exist.

I will state again, the Ebay seller protection on INRs is extremely good if the seller has followed the rules for shipping.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply