cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Recognized Chargeback Auto Seller Protection.

I've seen some threads that you have to do certain things, Accept or Dispute.

Were people aware that these chargebacks don't ask for ANYTHING. If you did what you are supposed to you just get a message from eBay that you are covered and there is nothing to do.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Not Recognized Chargeback Auto Seller Protection.

@robbie31415 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

I'm not sure where you are getting that Ebay doesn't let you reply to a Chargeback dispute.  We are entitled to respond to Chargebacks.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799

So tell me. How do I respond to this chargeback?

Is response done via Facebook CS?

Did you read the link I gave you?  It contains instructions.

Where ? Quote it.

You just won't admit you are wrong.

When I'm wrong I admit it as my only desire is for the correct info to be out there.  You've been on threads where I've apologized for posting incorrect info.  So don't throw things out there when you wont even take the time to look at the policy so you can update yourself on the process.

Are we on a Merry Go Round.  See the highlighted link above.  I'm unsure how you have missed it, but for your ease I highlighted it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 51
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

No, I didn't take it badly 😛

Honestly, I didn't think I made it that obvious to what I was referring to.

I was sorta surprised you narrowed in on it so fast. 😄

@ittybitnot Okay I'll bite and say what everyone's thinking but too scared to say.

What thread? 😀

While I'm not going to go and search it out right now, there was another thread on this subject recently.  As I remember it, it got pretty long.  But it is pretty much like what was being stated here.

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

@outfittersupport wrote:

@mam98031  stated it well. Also if outside intervention gets involved there's a lot more steps too.

Nope. There are 0 more steps. Even if buyers financial institution awards in buyer favor. There is nothing for the seller to do, seller takes no loss only eBay does.

I don't get why people struggle with understanding this process.

There is no evidence to give and there is nothing to do.

If that is what you have convinced yourself of, there isn't much more anyone can do.  IDK how experienced of a seller you are, but I can tell you from personal experience you are incorrect.  If you would just read the link you would be better informed.

Now you may not have any evidence to supply to the Chargeback, that could be true, but if you do, it can be submitted.  What evidence you might have will be dependent upon the reason the buyer opened the dispute.

Challenging the payment dispute

If you don't agree with the buyer, you can challenge the payment dispute and provide some supporting evidence to help resolve the issue. Here’s how:

1. Select Respond to dispute from My eBay Sold or Requests and disputes in Seller Hub.
  2. Select Challenge dispute and provide proof and select Continue.
    • To request a return, select Try to get my item returned and verify or edit your return address
  3. Make sure the information is correct, add supporting text, and/or upload new evidence.
  4. Select Submit.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799

You just don't get it.

There is no accept or dispute for seller protection chargebacks.

I literally gave you screen shots in an earlier post.

There is nothing to do. It's automatic. You aren't challenging it. You don't select to contest nor do you accept.

All eBay does is inform you that a chargeback has been opened and they will take care of it because you are protected.

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

You gave a screen shot of an email you got.  And there was a icon on their for you to click on to get more info.

But let's just go back to the policy page.

Responding to a payment dispute

When responding to a dispute, you may choose to:

• Accept the dispute, or
  • Challenge the dispute

Accepting the payment dispute

If you agree with the buyer, or you’d prefer not to challenge the payment dispute, you can accept the dispute. Here’s how:

1. Select Respond to dispute from My eBay Sold or Requests and disputes in Seller Hub.
  2. Select Accept the dispute and select Continue.
    • To request a return, select Try to get my item returned and verify or edit your return address
  3. Select Accept.

When you accept the payment dispute, the amount will generally be paid from the total of your Available, Processing, and On hold funds. If you don’t have enough funds to cover the cost of the refund, the amount will be paid from your on-file payment method. We’ll close the payment dispute once the buyer's payment institution confirms the refund. We’ll also waive the dispute fee and you'll receive fee credits for some or all of your fees for the disputed transaction.

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

There is two screen shots. The second one is Inside the case.

Just admit you are wrong.

You can do it.

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

Every seller has the right to sit back and do nothing or they can be proactive and supply info on the Chargeback that may help them to win it, depending on the reason the Chargeback was opened.  If your decision is to do nothing, then that is your right and it may be the best thing for you.  Others will not feel the same way.

Now wait. I did miss this, so that is my bad.  When Ebay is telling you from the get go that you are covered under Seller Protection, then you'd be right, there is nothing for you to do as Ebay will submit the refund to the CCC and then the CCC would close the Chargeback.

So yes, my bad for not stating this sooner.  On this specific type of Chargeback, you are right.

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

There is two screen shots. The second one is Inside the case.

Just admit you are wrong.

You can do it.

You are so kind!  For your specific type of Chargeback, you are correct there is nothing more for you to do.  For most Chargebacks that isn't true, but on yours it is.

I hope you feel better now.

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

You are wrong. You kept quoting what you do when you contest or challenge a chargeback.

You just won't admit it, which proved my point from earlier.

It is what it is I guess.

Here is another screen from inside the case.

Ebay gives you no option to respond at all.

1000011449.jpg

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Were people aware that these chargebacks don't ask for ANYTHING. If you did what you are supposed to you just get a message from eBay that you are covered and there is nothing to do.

I have not seen that advice here very often for "Not Recognized" or "Item Not Received" disputes. But it is good advice for "Not As Described" disputes, because you are not covered for those. 

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

I have not seen that advice here very often for "Not Recognized" or "Item Not Received" disputes. But it is good advice for "Not As Described" disputes, because you are not covered for those. 

@luckythewinner 

That is my fault.  I was focused on the other types of Chargebacks and not the type the OP actually received.  So it was me that rather took it off track from what the OP wanted to discuss.

Message 40 of 51
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

If a seller wins the "Not As Described" return request at eBay

- the seller is protected if the buyer proceeds with a "Not As Described" dispute at PayPal

and if the buyer loses that PayPal dispute

- the seller is protected if the buyer continues or jumps to a "Not As Described" card chargeback

because eBay covers the seller if the buyer files the same type of dispute after the seller already won that at eBay.

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

Yes the only real way to get seller protection for an INAD chargeback is if seller won a return case for same reason on eBay.

The seller protections are mainly for INR and Not Recognized transaction and both pretty much require acceptance scan within handling and delivered tracking.

I'd have 0 protection if I win INR ebay case and they open an INAD chargeback.

So i suggested they should open a INR chargeback if eBay didn't give them the resolution they are looking for.

I'm not sure I'd that's the way to go but I'd be doubly protected for 1) qualifying in general for seller protection and 2) having a case won my favor for same claim.

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

@sdneped wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

If a seller wins the "Not As Described" return request at eBay

- the seller is protected if the buyer proceeds with a "Not As Described" dispute at PayPal

and if the buyer loses that PayPal dispute

- the seller is protected if the buyer continues or jumps to a "Not As Described" card chargeback

because eBay covers the seller if the buyer files the same type of dispute after the seller already won that at eBay.

Ebay processes Credit Card payments, however a buyer may choose to pay via PayPal and using a credit card they have attached to their PP account.  It is likely that most Chargebacks have nothing to do with PayPal.  Some certainly would, but PP is not needed to pay with a credit card on Ebay.

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

"Yes the only real way to get seller protection for an INAD chargeback is if seller won a return case for same reason on eBay."  That is not true.  It is not the only way to get Seller Protection on an INAD.  It certainly can make it easier for a seller, but it isn't a requirement to winning a Chargeback dispute.  Sellers can submit evidence and sometimes that evidence is enough to show the CCC that the refund is not the correct path.  

It isn't an easy process and often frustrating as CCC are basically looking to make their customer happy.  But sometimes it can be done.

"Yes the only real way to get seller protection for an INAD chargeback is if seller won a return case for same reason on eBay."  No it isn't.  It isn't easy and often sellers lose chargebacks, but sometimes we do prevail if the seller is proactive and not just resigned to what they believe the outcome will be without trying to prevent that from happening.

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

But see here you go again, misrepresenting what I said.

I said 'seller protection for an INAD chargeback'. I did not say 'win a an INAD chargeback'.

Talking about seller protections on an eBay forum, I am talking about specific information found here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293

When a buyer opens a payment dispute because the item doesn't match the listing

When a buyer opens a payment dispute because the item they received doesn't match the listing, sellers will be asked to provide evidence to challenge the payment dispute, such as photographs showing the item's condition prior to shipment.

When determining whether to protect a seller, eBay will look for one of the following:

• The seller issued a full refund to the buyer through eBay
  • The seller issued a refund to the buyer through eBay, but deducted an amount from the refund because the item was returned used or damaged (in accordance with our guidelines)
  • An eBay Money Back Guarantee case of the same type for the same transaction that was already resolved with:
    • eBay determining that the seller met their obligations to the buyer, or
    • eBay issuing a full refund to the buyer

The only actual seller protection for an INAD outside of already refunding the buyer is winning an eBay INAD MBG Case.

This has nothing to do about winning by supplying evidence.

Message 45 of 51
latest reply