cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Recognized Chargeback Auto Seller Protection.

I've seen some threads that you have to do certain things, Accept or Dispute.

Were people aware that these chargebacks don't ask for ANYTHING. If you did what you are supposed to you just get a message from eBay that you are covered and there is nothing to do.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Not Recognized Chargeback Auto Seller Protection.

My buyer's dispute was with a Canadian Bank....the one I won.

Unless you actually had a dispute and won or loss and received any emails and such...it states in the email "bank sided with..." from eBay. 

Pay Pal is basically where buyers use their credit cards to make a purchase.

Careful how you use "Pay Pal" ...pay pal does issue credit cards as well...and pay pal also issues credit which is not a credit card...but only for purchases on eBay.

And I lost my first dispute because I didn't know what they were...my bank actually told me going into my bank in person. Guess those with luck get answers.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

It depends on the reason for the payment dispute as to whether or not a response is needed.

Ebay handles them automatically on the sellers behalf in some cases.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/handling-payment-disputes?id=4799

For me, on any chargeback dispute I get, I respond to and provide any and all evidence I have to dispute what the buyer is saying / claiming.  Not recognized is one of the easier things to prove is wrong between the Order Form, feedback if they left any and any emails you may have had with the buyer.

I don't ever sit back and just wait for a determination.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 51
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

There is no $20 charge if you win the dispute and as mentioned, you do win it in there is delivery confirmation.

There is no fee for winning a dispute.  The $20 fee is only charged if you lose the dispute.

Dispute fees

When a buyer files a payment dispute, the seller will be charged a dispute fee if they are found responsible for the disputed amount. eBay will waive the dispute fee if the dispute is eligible for payment dispute seller protections.

Sellers will not be charged more than one dispute fee for an order.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293#secti...

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

I'm not sure where you are getting that Ebay doesn't let you reply to a Chargeback dispute.  We are entitled to respond to Chargebacks.

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Sorry, 😞 I thought I'd just bring some updates from what I'm seeing for these.

Chargebacks are very rare for me, so it's hard to see how eBay changes things over the years.

I thought since I finally got one that I haven't had for a long while I'd give some updated information on what you see

BTW, I stopped following that thread so I never saw if they ended up actually providing some screens between the two people. If actual chargeback happened.

Not sure what over the years means.  Ebay handling Chargebacks is a more recent thing.  They have only had them since they became our Money Processor, before that PayPal handled them.

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

@sdneped wrote:

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Basically, the bank will get back to eBay telling eBay about the outcome of the dispute. 

No, that's impossible. eBay has no idea who the bank is, let alone has any way to contact the bank.

Instead, either PayPal or Adyen was hit with a chargeback from the buyer's bank

-- so either PayPal or Adyen will get back to eBay telling eBay about the outcome of the dispute.

Ebay is a licensed Money Processor, just like PayPal is.  Ebay uses Adyen to handle the literal money just as PayPal is now using Bancorp Bank and Synchrony Bank.

Paypal is NOT a bank nor is Ebay, so they have to have actual banks to be a Money Processor.

Ebay does get the notice of a Chargeback and they are the ones we submit any info we want to be supplied to the financial institute for consideration.

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

@mam98031  stated it well. Also if outside intervention gets involved there's a lot more steps too.

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I'm not sure where you are getting that Ebay doesn't let you reply to a Chargeback dispute.  We are entitled to respond to Chargebacks.

So tell me. How do I respond to this chargeback?

Is response done via Facebook CS?

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@robbie31415 

For me, on any chargeback dispute I get, I respond to and provide any and all evidence I have to dispute what the buyer is saying / claiming.  Not recognized is one of the easier things to prove is wrong between the Order Form, feedback if they left any and any emails you may have had with the buyer.

I don't ever sit back and just wait for a determination.

How do I do that ? Where do you upload evidence. How do you contact anyone.

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Did you read the link I gave you?  It contains instructions.

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

@mam98031  stated it well. Also if outside intervention gets involved there's a lot more steps too.

Nope. There are 0 more steps. Even if buyers financial institution awards in buyer favor. There is nothing for the seller to do, seller takes no loss only eBay does.

I don't get why people struggle with understanding this process.

There is no evidence to give and there is nothing to do.

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

@outfittersupport wrote:

Nope. There are 0 more steps. Even if buyers financial institution awards in buyer favor. There is nothing for the seller to do, seller takes no loss only eBay does.

I don't get why people struggle with understanding this process.

There is no evidence to give and there is nothing to do.

If that is what you have convinced yourself of, there isn't much more anyone can do.  IDK how experienced of a seller you are, but I can tell you from personal experience you are incorrect.  If you would just read the link you would be better informed.

Now you may not have any evidence to supply to the Chargeback, that could be true, but if you do, it can be submitted.  What evidence you might have will be dependent upon the reason the buyer opened the dispute.

Challenging the payment dispute

If you don't agree with the buyer, you can challenge the payment dispute and provide some supporting evidence to help resolve the issue. Here’s how:

1. Select Respond to dispute from My eBay Sold or Requests and disputes in Seller Hub.
  2. Select Challenge dispute and provide proof and select Continue.
    • To request a return, select Try to get my item returned and verify or edit your return address
  3. Make sure the information is correct, add supporting text, and/or upload new evidence.
  4. Select Submit.

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@robbie31415 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Did you read the link I gave you?  It contains instructions.

Where ? Quote it.

You just won't admit you are wrong.

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

No, I didn't take it badly 😛

Honestly, I didn't think I made it that obvious to what I was referring to.

I was sorta surprised you narrowed in on it so fast. 😄

@ittybitnot Okay I'll bite and say what everyone's thinking but too scared to say.

What thread? 😀

Message 30 of 51
latest reply