cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Format

Hate this new listing format.  Not sure why Ebay loves to make changes that are more time consuming for the people who are making you rich.  This new format sucks and is a total waste of my time.  It took me 20 minutes to do one listing.  This is why sellers are leaving Ebay.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: New Listing Format

I HATE this new format too.  I have used the "sell similar" option for years and it was fast and easy.  Now it's just click, click everywhere and very time consuming.  As for templates...why do I need to take the time and effort to set up templates when I shouldn't have to and as I sell a wide variety of items I can't imagine how many I would have to make up?  Another huge waste of time.  Please just put me back to the old listing format and let me go on my happy way.   I have been with Ebay since 1998 and it's getting harder to use rather than easier.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

they must make sure their coding guys are working. otherwise there will be layoffs. just keep busy, making changes every one hates

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

No changes will please everyone. If you have constructive feedback click the there dots on the top right of the new listing tool and send it to eBay. What's the use of complaining on the forum?

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

1) There is no longer a link to calculate shipping estimates.

Are you sure there are no other/better ways to get shipping estimates?
2) Sometimes I have to click the Preview button 2 or 3 times before the preview will open.

That's more likely your browser's issue. 
3) I like putting a duplicate small version of my main photo in the listing description. It use to be as easy as right clicking on the photo to copy the URL then pasting it into an <a href> tag in the HTML of the description. With the new javascript (or whatever it is) photo uploader, I'm no longer able to do this. 

Ebay's data has proven the best practice for listing description calls for simplicity using one font in black and white texts, not creative styles. Unless your particular need is echoed by many other sellers it won't become a priority for eBay. 
4) The new form most definitely requires more clicks.

Be specific.
5) And, why not just let those who prefer to use the old form continue to do so?

Because no one wants to pay more fees to cover the cost of maintaining two sets of listing tool.

Please be thorough, thoughtful, specific and actionable with your feedback if you want anyone to give it attention and take action. And send your feedback to eBay through the appropriate channel. The forum is mostly for sharing information among sellers themselves.  

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 19 of 38
latest reply

I spend thousands on here.  I hate the changes so much I'm going Back to summit and Jegs for my parts. 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Little point complaining to eBay, I doubt they read any responses and they certainly NEVER take any notice of their customer base!!! 

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

I totally agree.  They shoved it down my throat today and I royally **bleep**!!!!!  Takes too long to do a listing now.  Thanks a lot E-Bay for NOTHING!  You NEVER do anything RIGHT for us sellers.  Change it back.

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

This is horrible. Can I no longer just not have a Buy It Now? Listing "Tool" keeps wanting to me put in a starting bid. I swear 5th graders must be thinking up these improvements.

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Ok this new format may be great for people selling simple items like house hold or clothing items...

But for people who are selling more complex items such as parts IT IS A HUGE MISTAKE.
Parts and such have multiple part numbers associated with the part as well as dozens of fitment options etc.

It took me an hour for one posting - I am sure I will get faster, but I see me spending 20-30 minutes for a single posting even if I get faster.  i have hundreds of items to post.  I can not afford to spend the better part of a full day posting a few items. 

SO I agree - it sucks for many, many ebay sellers.  I surefire way to shoot many sellers and ebay itself in the foot.

eBay should have both formats available for listing so that sellers can use the one most efficient for their posting style and needs.

I may have to reactivate my Amazon account

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

Simply put it SUCKS. They are always changing things to make it harder for the seller. Am looking into other avenues to sell. 

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

It was just forced down my throat today too.  Ugh.  I tried it a couple of times when it was an option and it was so bad I went back to the old tool after one listing.  I was really hoping they would either realize how bad it is and how much sellers hate it and go back to the old way or would somehow 'miss' my account.  No such luck.  eBay doesn't care one bit what sellers want, they will do whatever they want regardless of how much it hurts sellers.  

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

I agree!

Maybe , eBay is just trying to justify their existence through useless changes.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I have been using this new crap for about a week and it does not get easier when you are more familiar with it.

It is cumbersome, and easy to do something wrong. Alot of wasted space. They love the dropdown boxes and fancy slide buttons, but the old version was quicker and easier to list.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

I sell household things and it still sucks, and with some time and practice using it.....it still sucks

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

every time you list something, be sure to use feedback button and tell them what you think. Looks like well over 90% of people dont like it.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply