cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings say I'm on vacation until May 31st. Two buyers opened up 'items not received'.

list14
Adventurer

Why does Ebay allow buyers to open up a dispute when it is clear on each page of my listings that I am away?  I know I can hide my listings but I've never done that when away because buyers generally didn't mind waiting. Isn't this on Ebay to not allow this and to offer buyers automatic refunds?  What should I do?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: My listings say I'm on vacation until May 31st. Two buyers opened up 'items not received'.

If you put your store on Vacation it  stops your selling, but does not stop your obligation to resolve issues with sales done prior to starting the store vacation.

If items can still be purchased you must meet the handling/delivery times for items sold.

because buyers generally didn't mind waiting

some do mind

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Re: My listings say I'm on vacation until May 31st. Two buyers opened up 'items not received'.

@list14 

If you don't adjust your handling time, Ebay still expects you to ship according to your handling time, even when your store is on vacation.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Years ago I would let my store items end or I would close them all prior to going away.  Then I would schedule some to start while I was on the road so that they would end after I was back for a day or so.  Yes it was a pain but I never had a late shipment while my store was listed as on vacation.  If I was waiting for payment I would pre-print the shipping label and take the item with me on vacation so I could mail it once they paid.  I never had to take more than a couple items with me and it always worked out that I would mail them from wherever I was located.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Putting your store on vacation only puts a message on your listings & store (if you have one).

You need to either end your listings or adjust your handling time.  

I usually try to send buyers messages, if I can.  Some buyers dont read everything.  So giving them an additional heads up is not only a good customer service but, a good way to assure issues are resolved in advance.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I used to do the same exact thing!
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Great minds! Let's get a virtual drink sometime! lol
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

You can stop items from selling when you select vacation mode if it is a BIN. If the item is an auction you would have to end it early or cancel the bids to get out of having to ship it under the original listing terms.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

The sales were placed AFTER I put my store on vacation 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I can change my handling time to weeks later, i.e. when I return from vacation? 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

All my listings are BIN, not auctions

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I thought the longest you can adjust handling time is 10 days. Is there a way to change it longer?

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

The "vacation setting" is INFORMATION ONLY.  It' just a message to your buyers or potential buyers. It's kind of useless.  You are still obligated to ship within the same time parameters if someone buys from you. The best thing to do is....

A) Extend your handling time so that you will still be able to ship on time.

B) End all your listings.

If you have the "out of stock" option turned ON, you can simply change al your quantities to "0" and that will prevent anyone from buying from you until you're back from vacation. When you are back from vacation, simply change the quantities back and you are ready to start selling again. 

Good luck and stay safe!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

because buyers generally didn't mind waiting.

You are gambling on that assumption..........this time you lost.  

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Isn't there still a hide your listings option when using the vacation setting?  That's what I always did and it worked.  

Message 15 of 24
latest reply