cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEAVING EBAY AFTER OVER 20 YEARS SELLING

I am closing my ebay account after over 20 years of seling, the new format of selling is crazy,the good old school buyer are no longer there, ebay sides with the buyer in any dispute,sellers are treated like criminals in any dispute.i remember the great days of meg ryan ebay was great then

now ithink the president or ceo is the village idiot. i waited a few years to see if it would be better its much worse now with the selling and they hold your money  takes for ever to get paid selling at a flea market  would be better than this ebay  sad to go many good deals in the past but thats over now good bye 19echo mike

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: LEAVING EBAY AFTER OVER 20 YEARS SELLING

So long. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I hope you find a new venue somehow.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Meg Ryan?

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Looks like until your two recent sales, you havent sold anything for more than year. Ebay will treat you as a new seller, and your funds will be held.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@19echo  Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@19echo wrote:

i remember the great days of meg ryan

I'll have what she's having. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

thanks

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Adios, and Happy Trails.

-

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Meg Ryan was involved in corporate eBay? 

Did she change her name to Meg Whitman? 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I remember when the buyers were treated like criminals by sellers, had their accounts destroyed by bad sellers with petty vindictive feedback, paid a lot of money for expensive things and got junk in return with no recourse, and many left eBay.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@blingfling123 wrote:

I remember when the buyers were treated like criminals by sellers, had their accounts destroyed by bad sellers with petty vindictive feedback, paid a lot of money for expensive things and got junk in return with no recourse, and many left eBay.  

Yep, it was like the Wild Wild West. Not a healthy environment for inexperienced buyers.

Posting ID
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

You sold 2 items in 3 months..did you have an issue with a sale? Or did you not use the 30 Day MBG correctly on a purchase?

I remember ordering some $300 Mustang European Headlights and received nothing, ever! I also remember ordering a $500 new computer and receiving an older model than what I already had! eBay and PP did nothing because there was no system; Phone calls would only 'try' to help, which they had 0.0% success. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I strongly agree 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I, too, am leaving eBay due to siding with buyers who are cheating sellers. I have been here for 24 years but no more. This is not the eBay that valued sellers. I was told one thing from one service rep and a totally different one from another! It truly depends on the service rep and how much they want you to give them a 5 star on their survey of how well they helped you! No more loss of product to sleazy buyers out to cheat sellers and eBay!  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply