cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE WATCHERS AND "SEND OFFER TO WATCHERS"

AM I THE ONLY SELLER WHO HATES WATCHERS?

I THINK IT'S TERRIBLE THAT EBAY HIDES THE IDENTITY OF WATCHERS - AS SELLERS I BELIEVE WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHO IS WATCHING US AND IF THESE WATCHERS DON'T MAKE A PURCHASE WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOCK THEM.

SADLY, THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER IN THEIR LIVES THAN TO BE NUISANCE WATCHERS ON EBAY.

IF EBAY ELIMINATED THE WATCHER FUNCTION THEN THERE WOULD IN THEORY, BE ONLY BUYERS.

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am totally with you, they are competitors spying on you, I hate watchers and send offers to them, I ignore. If someone is going to buy, they buy, set best offer to accept automatically with what you will take for item, and don't be bothered.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 37 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

@cards_coins_collectibles 

Oh contraire, I have my reasons for watching things, might want to buy it, might have it and like their description,  want to see what it sells for.

If this is the only thing that is bothering you, your in luck for today is your day. Give thanks.

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

Please don’t yell at me.

I watch items when I don’t have the discretionary funds to purchase them at the moment. You want to block me because I watch your item and not purchase right away? It might cost you a sale.

And if eBay don’t eliminated the watch function, there wouldn’t just be buyers, there would be watchers who use their browser’s bookmark feature.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 3 of 66
latest reply

I forget to remove things I'm watching.  👵

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

No, you are not the only one. Some other sellers express their angst over watchers.

No reason that you need their ID. When you go to Wally, or any other store to look around are you required to "sign in" so that they know who you are before you can look around?

I have watchers. I suspect, that just like me, many are just sellers watching to see how much the item goes for, but I also watch things that I have interest in as a buyer, but do not want to buy at the moment.

As a seller, I DON'T CARE what reason they are watching for. The fact that there is a watcher would mean the the listing was seen. It costs me nothing to have a watcher. I don't even pay attention to it. YMOV

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

About  25% of all my sales come from Watchers to whom I've sent an offer.  I work at getting my buyers these days.  

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

Those darn watchers.    They watch your stuff and then to make it worse,  They sometimes

buy something.

Then,  They want to pay you and make you ship it and everything.

They're awful.   

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

YES, "bookmarking" is the correct answer as far as I'm concerned.  

Message 8 of 66
latest reply

@cards_coins_collectibles wrote:

I THINK IT'S TERRIBLE THAT EBAY HIDES THE IDENTITY OF WATCHERS - AS SELLERS I BELIEVE WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHO IS WATCHING US AND IF THESE WATCHERS DON'T MAKE A PURCHASE WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOCK THEM.

SADLY, THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER IN THEIR LIVES THAN TO BE NUISANCE WATCHERS ON EBAY.

IF EBAY ELIMINATED THE WATCHER FUNCTION THEN THERE WOULD IN THEORY, BE ONLY BUYERS.

At the retail store I work at, I hate when people come and just browse. They are a nuisance.

We should have a policy where if you come in the store, you MUST buy something.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 66
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@cards_coins_  wrote:

At the retail store I work at, I hate when people come and just browse. They are a nuisance.

We should have a policy where if you come in the store, you MUST buy something.

Then you also need to cover any windows with kraft paper or such, and board up any fences so that they can not watch from outside. Invoke a  drone "no fly zone" above if anything can be seen that way. Cover all your bases. Take whatever steps necessary to deter sales. Closing the store completely would be best. 🙂

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Then you also need to cover any windows with kraft paper or such, and board up any fences so that they can not watch from outside. Invoke a  drone "no fly zone" above if anything can be seen that way. Cover all your bases 🙂

You're right!  Thanks for the reminder. I also hate it when they peek through our windows to see what we're selling. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Hawaii nailed it.    Keep the customers locked out unless they agree to buy something.

If they balk,   Force them to buy.

What a great way to get your business to thrive.   

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Then you also need to cover any windows with kraft paper or such, and board up any fences so that they can not watch from outside. Invoke a  drone "no fly zone" above if anything can be seen that way. Cover all your bases 🙂

You're right!  Thanks for the reminder. I also hate it when they peek through our windows to see what we're selling. 

Closing the store completely would be best. Suggest that to the owners, and get your unemployment application paperwork in order 🙂

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

I am a watcher.  ( better than a peeper 😄 )

I do "book mark" / watch items. Normally no more than 2 pages, but normally only one page that I have interest in items.

When I get the extra money, I will decided if I can purchase at that time.

There are times when I am ready to make purchases  ( from certain sellers that I like a lot of their items ) that I go to what they sell and mark a bunch of items and then my watch list becomes 3 pages long. Then I sort the items by seller ID and make my decision to buy multiple items and throw them in the cart and make the final selection and if I want multiples of some of the items. 

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

Watchers watch.

Viewers view.

Buyers buy.

And we only see those for 30 days before they stop being counted.

Message 15 of 66
latest reply