cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE WATCHERS AND "SEND OFFER TO WATCHERS"

AM I THE ONLY SELLER WHO HATES WATCHERS?

I THINK IT'S TERRIBLE THAT EBAY HIDES THE IDENTITY OF WATCHERS - AS SELLERS I BELIEVE WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHO IS WATCHING US AND IF THESE WATCHERS DON'T MAKE A PURCHASE WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOCK THEM.

SADLY, THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER IN THEIR LIVES THAN TO BE NUISANCE WATCHERS ON EBAY.

IF EBAY ELIMINATED THE WATCHER FUNCTION THEN THERE WOULD IN THEORY, BE ONLY BUYERS.

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: I HATE WATCHERS AND "SEND OFFER TO WATCHERS"

I like watchers. It tells me the item is seen also I use info to list my items.

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

""At the retail store I work at, I hate when people come and just browse. They are a nuisance.

We should have a policy where if you come in the store, you MUST buy something.""

LOL. That's funny. You don't like browsers. You have got to be kidding. 

I've worked in retail 40 years. Ppl have got to look, feel and sometime smell of items. 

You want to sell tickets to SEE your merchandise?

I LIKE WATCHERS.

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

I agree. FUNNY.  In business, you have to SELL your item. The public can be agravating but a salesperson has to smile and tolerate. 

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

I DISAGREE. I LIKE WATCHERS. They let me know my item has interest. 

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

I can see how it is annoying. Kind of like lurkers in a forum. Perhaps ebay should give a seller the power to not show watchers on a listing. Doubt it because that would negate their pay feature to send offers.

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 66 of 66
latest reply