cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get traffic to my store

I have a store on Ebay, and sales have been really bad this month. I don't know a lot about computers and how to set things up to get traffic coming my way. Most of my friends are like I am when it comes to computers. I have about 250 items on and planning to put more on in the next few days.  I would appreciate if someone could give me some advice on how to get traffic to my listings. I need the extra money to get hearing aids and to pay some bills off. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I would like to know that too. 
Selling on eBay doesn’t mean you’ll get guaranteed sales. I don’t ever rely on money from eBay sales to pay my bills. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Change prices, by $1.  That's what I do.  I hope it brings you some sales.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You have old used stuff so a 'store' is unnecessary. 

You are selling some very competitive used items that are being sold by 1,000,000 others as well as all local Garage Sales and Thrift stores are chalk FULL of these type items, for about half the price and no shipping involved. (many Bud Beer Steins in these stores for $10, $15)

Therefore, I wouldn't plan on using the $$ for anything except something extra and either find other items to sell or other ways to get $$ for more urgent things. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@bighead1_8  setting things up on a computer has nothing to do with making more sales, millions of sellers have the same complaint as u- No Sales

You can use Promoted listings, here is the link for info>

https://pls.ebay.com/plsweb/plwelcome

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have used all of the tools eBay provides us to drive traffic to our stores, at the same time(Promoted Listings Standard, Advanced, Offsite Ads, Promoted Display, Markdown Manager, Coupons ((private and public)). Only to see worse sales. There are many other selling sites that have taken market share away from eBay. Couple that with people leaving eBay daily. All of the sellers here have to charge much more to pay for eBay's "PAY TO PLAY" games so everything is found cheaper elsewhere. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If you figure it out, let us know.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Most of your pictures are dark and dreary.  You need to brighten them up and make them pop.  Revise your listing and use the tools ebay provides.   Just try one revision and see how it can work for you and improve the listing.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately most of what you are selling in today's market has very little interest and can easily be found at a thrift store. One of the biggest problems is not having name brands and that is what most people look for. I checked a couple of things and your sugar shaker you will be lucky to get $13 including shipping. Your Norcrest poodle typically has sold for around $15 to $20 shipped and you want $45.80. Your Longaberger bunny may sell but can take all long time waiting for the right buyer to come along. Ebay is a lot different then it used to be where just about anyting would sell. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just went through your page and noticed that most of your listings are pretty dark. I love the way you position your items in a white backdrop so I would like to recommend some lighting in background or use flash and change your exposure on your photos. You can check out my page if you'd like to see some examples!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I think you just have to work your store, alter prices, send out offers, etc.  No secret sauce that I'm aware of.

I did you a favor though. I just bought a cow mug you had for sale because I think my wife will love it. We moved to a nice country place last year and we watch the cows across the valley every night while sitting on our porch. 

Doing what I can to help from one seller to another!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply