cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on what to do if I am on vacation when a buyer purchases an item.

I have numerous items listed as "Buy it Now" but will be away for a week here and there during the rest of the summer.  What is the proper etiquette if someone buys an item while I am away? I feel bad making them wait.  Should I remove the items from sale or email the buyer? TIA!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Utilize the "Time Away" feature in your Seller Hub (Under Selling Tools)

Input the dates you are gone and you will display that in your listings.

It has been recommended to globally change your handling time (as a back up) for the days you will be gone (that covers international, best offers, etc....)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'd use the time away option and hide your listings until you return so you can enjoy your time away and not have to worry about orders not being shipped while you're gone.

https://www.ebay.com/vac/timeaway

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I go and globally change my handling time to cover the time I will be gone - it seems to help my views and conversion rate more than using time away has done in the past.

But you've got to be confident that you will be back by the handling time from the earliest day and be prepared to ship the day after you return.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

I go and globally change my handling time to cover the time I will be gone - it seems to help my views and conversion rate more than using time away has done in the past.

But you've got to be confident that you will be back by the handling time from the earliest day and be prepared to ship the day after you return.

Personally I would never do it that way. Buyers cannot, and will not accept the fact that you have a 10 day handling time.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I take 3-4 short vacations every year.

I put my store(s) on vacation and allow an extra day so I can get caught up when I get home

I allow sales during my time off

I reset my handling time to cover the time away and add an extra day.

I also monitor while away to answer questions or handle an INR or whatever else comes up,  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

of course you wouldn't.....

Whether you choose to allow sales or pause them, delivery dates won't be updated for:

• Second Chance Offers
  • Auto-accepted offers
  • Pending counter-offers
  • Seller initiated offers accepted during Time Away
  • Items with local pickup or in-store pickup as the shipping option
  • Digital items
  • Athletic shoes eligible for Authenticity Guarantee

You may want to change the shipping format or the handling times on these items while on time away.

but the OP might consider it.....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply