cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a buyer have to leave feedback now?

All,

I sold an item 2/22/23. Today the buyer left neutral feedback.

How is that possible? Way beyond 60 days, over 90 days since ship. 

Is this another eBay buyer "perk"?

Calling non-customer service in the morning.

And no, this is not my selling ID.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: How long does a buyer have to leave feedback now?

International Buyers can leave feedback up to 60 days PAST the Delivery Date. 

What was the delivery date?? (to them, not GSP or EIS if international and you used them)

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the response.

2/26/23 - way past 60 days. I don't get it.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

This was a stateside delivery. I do not ship overseas.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Must now be 90?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Lets just make it perpetual. I'll go back and leave feedback for 1998 1999 transactions.

Just another thing to be weary of. That was not announced in any way, if indeed it is 90 days.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The cutoff used to be strictly 60 days from the date of the transaction, but now the policy reads:

You can leave feedback for up to 60 days from the date you received your item or from the expected delivery date, whichever comes first. If no expected delivery date is provided, you have up to 90 days from when you completed your purchase to leave feedback for the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/leaving-feedback-sellers?id=4007

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

According to an eBay rep on this board:

There has been a sitewide issue that has seen some buyers be able to leave feedback outside of the normal 60 days for the date the buyer receives the item or estimated delivery date. If there are members running into this they can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are running into ALERT14456.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

Just curious; how would there NOT be an 'estimated delivery date'?? 

I see my new competition that ships from China and says items purchased today will get there by June 29th (or so)..seems Every Listing would have some type of 'estimated delivery date'? No? 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@ham_stuff wrote:

All,

I sold an item 2/22/23. Today the buyer left neutral feedback....

eBay seems to think that  you sold that item on MARCH 22:

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 9.08.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 9.07.54 PM.png

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Must now be 90?

You're funny @stainlessenginecovers! It was on your discussion thread where the tech issue was called out. 😆

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-you-know-that-buyers-get-MUCH-MORE-than-60-days-to-give/m-...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Thank you. I rarely hit the boards anymore, but folks like you and the other responders are a GREAT asset.

I will call them tomorrow. It's garbage feedback.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Just curious; how would there NOT be an 'estimated delivery date'?? 

Freight shipments?

Local pickup?

Purchases from international buyers when no international shipping method was specified, and the seller had to invoice after the buyer committed to purchase to add a shipping option?

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Must now be 90?

You're funny @stainlessenginecovers! It was on your discussion thread where the tech issue was called out. 😆

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-you-know-that-buyers-get-MUCH-MORE-than-60-days-to-give/m-...

I knew I had that issue; but was 

a.) long ago

b.) don't think it was the same

After looking at it; still didn't make much sense. My items 'have' an estimated delivery date; nothing is 'freight' and nothing is 'picked up' and EVERYTHING states it will arrive in 3-5 days (which is ridiculous as I probably pointed out in that thread because I have 5 Business Days Handling Time (but because sometimes we get things out quicker, the 'system' just likes to ignore the HD and put 'whatever))

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

How is a buyer able to open an item not received after 6 months? I had one for 6 months and 3 months so far this year.

Actually, neutral feedbacks, some of the ones I got were mistakes and I emailed buyers right away and got them removed by the buyers. I don't know about the timelines. The timelines do change meaning what was a timeline before changes from a timeline today in many countries. I notice that in Australia and a few other other countries. 

If it was a USA sale it looks like the buyer waited exactly about 90 days to leave it. That is cruel.

But I don't really look at neutral feedbacks when I buy. And usually if you sell enough they get knocked off early.

Would I call customer service...it would be in the afternoon with 🍷 nearby...just my personal thoughts.

Being extremely nice on the phone talking about the weather and such does sometimes work and telling them they are so nice to talk to.  Saying I been on the phone 45 minutes to talk to a real person will get you "what do you think"?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply