cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay just stops traffic how can this be?

Let me see...

I have been selling on ebay for over 25 years

I have 100% positive feedback

never had an unresolved issue

and I am a below average seller..

Why?

Because I was helping my brother when he went into the hospital and instead of tracking using the ebay system, I walked across the street and shipped the packages and tracked them and sent the buyer the tracking number but it didn't show up on ebay system

and this has led to rating me in such a way that all traffic is blocked

but ebay still collects their fees for nothing

How do I get this to change back 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

@grandmasjewelry123 

eBay won't do anything for you as you failed to upload the tracking you were given at the Post Office (I presume that's what you mean by "walked across the street").

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

After 25 years of selling on eBay you didn't know providing tracking into the system matters, or what it takes to be a Top Rated Seller? 

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Normally I would download it, go to library, print it and ship it but I didn't have easy access to a library or printer so I just mailed it from the post office which was across the street from where I was, and then sent the customer the tracking number. Everything was shipped one day following purchase. Nothing was late. Everything was tracked.

I think ebay system is very strange, and is leading to a loss of customers. I suspect it will go the way of the mall because it doesn't listen to the customers who sell products on ebay.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

I know about tracking. I also know that I can't always do that system. sometimes there are circumstances that prevent that, like downloading a shipping label but not being able to print it, so getting it tracked without using the label that was downloaded.

Standardization is killing us.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

@grandmasjewelry123 wrote:

I think ebay system is very strange, and is leading to a loss of customers. I suspect it will go the way of the mall because it doesn't listen to the customers who sell products on ebay.

It is hardly strange-- without tracking, eBay has no way to know whether you actually shipped the item within your handling time, or even whether you shipped it at all. eBay does not know that you have tracking for the sale if you do not provide it to them.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I am a below average seller.  Why? Because I was helping my brother when he went into the hospital and instead of tracking using the ebay system, I walked across the street and shipped the packages and tracked them and sent the buyer the tracking number but it didn't show up on ebay system

You are either confused, mistaken, or not telling us the whole story.

You are not below standard because you helped your brother. You are not Below Standard because you did not enter tracking into the eBay system.

There are only two ways a seller can be put below standard:  cases closed without a seller resolution and seller-initiated cancellations.

How do I get this to change back

You need to go to your seller dashboard and tell us exactly why your are Below Standard. Only then can we explain how to fix (although fixing it will be very, very hard).

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

You should thank ebay for blocking the traffic. That way you were able to cross the street.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Sure it does. If I buy a product and I don't get it, I am going to complain. Ebay will know the the product didn't get there. Anyway nothing  I can do about it at this point. Maybe just go on vacation for a month., and pay ebay for blocking traffic. You see even explaining the situation with no complaints from customers is useless. Thats what I mean by standardization is killing us. There are circumstances that don't always fit in a box.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

You can edit the tracking number or just add it if nothing is in that space already.  I never printed a shipping label through eBay so I've never across that dilemma.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

The time spent trying to explain and deal with ebay isn't worth it. I downloaded the label but couldn't print it. Therefore I couldn't upload the tracking for the label I downloaded, so I tracked it by going to post office and shipping the package with the new label and sent the tracking number to the customer which kept the customer happy that the product was on its way.

Thats why there were no complaints. 

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

You can manually enter the tracking number under the item sold in the orders tab. 

eBay has millions of sellers and billions of items - yes, they need to have some standardization or it would be more chaotic than it already is. But I agree, I don't think that's what's driving down your metrics.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 37
latest reply

As luckythewinner noted there is something missing from this story. If you managed to send the customer the tracking number you had to type the number in somewhere to get it to the customer, why were you not able to type the number into the eBay order information? Even though you did not upload the tracking information into the order did you at least mark it shipped? 

Did eBay specifically send you a notification that your account was being reduced to below standard and why? What exactly was the content of that notification? 

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Amen<<

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Ebay can confirm what I am saying by looking at the messages sent to customers. Once you download the label, the tracking number is there. If you don't use that label because you can't print it, which is what happened due to unforeseen circumstances, then the alternative is to go to post office and hand the package to the carrier, and track it and send the tracking to the customer which can be verified by ebay if it chooses to look at it.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply