cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD NEWS FROM EBAY- SELLERS PROTECTION :)FINALLY

ebay HAS GIVEN FINALLY GOOD NEWS 

New abusive buyer protections and reporting feature update

We're implementing stronger measures against buyers who don't follow eBay's abusive buyer policy. We're introducing new measures to proactively find abusive buyers, prevent them from filing return requests, and in some cases suspend them. When we find that a buyer violated the policy, we will remove any feedback and defects, including opened cases in service metrics.

We've also made it easier for you to report buyers who violate eBay policies. Now when you report a buyer, you can more clearly describe what the buyer is doing to help us investigate potential policy violations and take actions to protect you.

Reduced search visibility for sellers who use a retailer to ship directly to buyers

Sellers who use retailers or marketplaces to ship directly to buyers are in violation of our drop shipping policy and will be lowered in search results, giving sellers who own their own inventory or drop ship from wholesalers greater search visibility.

We protect you in other ways, too

Additional protections include:

• Removal of negative feedback and defects when you've done your part (e.g., tracking shows on-time delivery) or when things happen that are beyond your control, such as weather or carrier delays.
  • Partial refunds in the returns flow for items returned opened or used when you offer free returns.

Learn more about the many ways we protect you on eBay.

Your track record matters

This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers.

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: GOOD NEWS FROM EBAY- SELLERS PROTECTION :)FINALLY

@spreadlovelikefire wrote:
I refuse to pay ebay 5% more, period. If I fall into that threshold I'll just close my store. So ebay will actually be out $15,000 a year versus an additional $5,000 or so I'd be out if I was put in that category. And what they are failing to see is that almost all sellers are buyers, but most buyers are not sellers. Along with all these sellers fleeing are also their buying ability.

I think buyers will make buying decisions much like they do today.  They will buy where ever and from whoever they deem to be the best match for them. 

If past experiences at a specific venue looms in there buying decision then they will take that into consideration along with the basic buying decisions (price, condition, seller ratings, shipping time, and returns, etc).

Good Luck Selling!

Message 61 of 89
latest reply

Second, being a PITA shouldn't get  a seller a better result. 

Yes.

Message 62 of 89
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@gramophone-georg   "

Did anyone notice the fee hikes? Look carefully.

Store fee increases

"Service Metric" offender fee increase"

But they are gonna be cracking down on these abusers so no worries Georg stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye and just remember.....ebay has your back always and forever with sugar on top, LOL.

There's a fee for the sugar. Did you miss the memo?

Smiley Very Happy

Message 63 of 89
latest reply

So Ebay is hoping that Sellers miss all of this while drooling over all the "protections" that Ebay is giving lip service to.

With all due respect, most aren't going to be drooling over the protections.  I'm seeing more cynicism than not.  Your mileage may vary.

Message 64 of 89
latest reply

Yay! But how will Ebay or the buyers KNOW if someone drop shipped or just reused a box (as I do all the time)

Message 65 of 89
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

@sapphireseal wrote:

eBay used to actually mediate / investigate disagreements and, yeah, would sometimes come down on the sellers side.  This was way back, like the late 90s / early 2000s.  If a buyer refused to pay for an item, they got a strike.   Three strikes and they were banned.  (Though a lot snuck back under new usernames.)

I don't think eBay will do something similar today.  I'm just saying . . . they could if they chose to.   And it would be so much easier to judge who was telling the truth now that people use electronic payments.  In the late 90s everyone was paying with money orders and personal checks.  People sent cash through the mail when they bought from overseas, for god's sake.

There is only 1 way for the system to work and thats the way it was designed originally.

1. Allow sellers to leave buyers feedback, and perhaps even show a buyer metric on how many returns the buyer has had, and give the seller the option to cancel if to many, without punishment.

2. allow sellers to set there own terms on returns. This is the way the world works. Buyers can decide if they want to "take the risk" on a seller that does not offer returns. Furthermore if buyers want unlimited returns, like Ebay states they do, they will shop those buyers anyway given incentive for other sellers to do the same. 

These 2 things pretty much would solve a good portion of this problem

I'm not so sure.   Negatives were buyers were removed because of the retaliatory negs that were posted.  That will come back if this is allowed again.

A buyer metric on returns is meaningless due to legitimate SNADs.

The MBG protects the buyer against these SNADs; buyers need to know that they aren't stuck with it because of circumstances beyond their control.  If they feel it is too risky to buy, they won't.

Message 66 of 89
latest reply

@albany_sellers wrote:

I guess everyone else missed the part that said this:

"This summer, we will announce new seller protections that will be based on your track record and how we will protect you when you provide great service to buyers."

In other words, this so called expanded seller protection is not for everyone.  Mark my words, if you do not offer free returns for 60/90 days, free shipping, same or next day handling and whatever other nonsense eBay decides, when it comes time to call in that seller protection, you're going to be told you don't qualify.

This is just like how they did the whole "partial refunds for damaged returns, but only if you offer free returns" thing. Everyone else be damned.

No offense but my interpretation of that is somewhat different.  Of course it is just my interpretation.

Based on your track record and great service, to me, means they will go by your record of issues.  If you have been selling a long time, and have very few issues, then they will take that into consideration.  That is the great service they are referring to.  

You could ask this on the Update Discussion Board if you care to.  

Message 67 of 89
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

So Ebay is hoping that Sellers miss all of this while drooling over all the "protections" that Ebay is giving lip service to.

With all due respect, most aren't going to be drooling over the protections.  I'm seeing more cynicism than not.  Your mileage may vary.

With all due respect, if you notice the key word which I just highlighted for you, I said that is what Ebay is HOPING for - not what they are getting in the way of responses.  What I am seeing is the least cared about Sellers Update ever as Sellers realize this is just a restatement of what Ebay is already supposed to be doing, yet isn't.  They also don't expect anything to change going forward.

This appears to be nothing but more Lip Service to try and convince Sellers that Ebay has their backs so they will start listing more and higher priced items as Ebay has become known as the place to only list what you are willing to lose.  Ebay has seen the continued results of treating their sellers with disdain and the last quarters results really showed Sellers feelings about Ebay.  GMV was DOWN as were revenues, period, as there were not any 10-15% sales where Ebay could show the Gross Sale and hide the discount down under marketing expenses so it appeared that they actually had growth when in reality they were losing money on most sales when they ran those promotions.

The lack of any responses overall shows just how little Sellers actually believe any of what is being said, especially since most if not all of this is supposedly already in place and has been for years.  Just another case of the right hand having no clue what the left hand is doing.

Message 68 of 89
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

With all due respect, if you notice the key word which I just highlighted for you, I said that is what Ebay is HOPING for - not what they are getting in the way of responses.  What I am seeing is the least cared about Sellers Update ever as Sellers realize this is just a restatement of what Ebay is already supposed to be doing, yet isn't.  They also don't expect anything to change going forward.

This appears to be nothing but more Lip Service to try and convince Sellers that Ebay has their backs so they will start listing more and higher priced items as Ebay has become known as the place to only list what you are willing to lose.  Ebay has seen the continued results of treating their sellers with disdain and the last quarters results really showed Sellers feelings about Ebay.  GMV was DOWN as were revenues, period, as there were not any 10-15% sales where Ebay could show the Gross Sale and hide the discount down under marketing expenses so it appeared that they actually had growth when in reality they were losing money on most sales when they ran those promotions.

The lack of any responses overall shows just how little Sellers actually believe any of what is being said, especially since most if not all of this is supposedly already in place and has been for years.  Just another case of the right hand having no clue what the left hand is doing.

Pretty much sums it up. They can drone on about how they are paying attention to seller's feedback and how they are going to do this and that, but in the end, they really said nothing substantial, gave no details and were overly vague about it. In other words, business as usual.

As far as i can tell, this is nothing but an attempt to build a little trust without actually offering anything in return. If eBay has not made good on their seller protection in the past, why would anybody take what they say now serious? especially when it's so vague and essentially the same thing they have been saying yet not adhering to.

If they really wanted to make me feel secure enough to list my thousand dollar items, it wouldn't be hard to do so, but as long as they make it this simple to steal them from me, or damage them without any recourse, I will not be selling them here.  I am far from the only seller who feels this way, and would even go as far as saying that is the general consensus.

If you want us to sell higher value items, you are going to have to really offer us something spectacular.  

Message 69 of 89
latest reply

i have been selling on amazon my own brand 1500 products from 7 years, i know what quality of my products have, sorry but i don't agree with you what you have mentioned "Amazon does not have anything close to the bad/dishonest buyers that are on eBay. "

1 : For your kind information Amazon has more bad and scammers that is reason " Amazon has ended the seller support helpline" seller even cannot call amazon to file a dispute.
2 : customer return any product by any reason, and seller has no control to accept the return or not ,amazon pull money from seller account without asking to seller.
3 : where there is no seller support what you expect amazon has very good buyers? its mean amazon do not want to face sellers and amazon know they have big list of scammers on amazon.
4: amazon will be like nokia after few years, they know other retailers are going to screw amazon soon so amazon planning to do one day shipping for prime.
5 : Listing on amazon is NOT easier its more difficult, if you do any changes in any listing its take 15 Minutes to apply changes and still there is no guarantee if its changes, if changes not applied than you have to write email amazon to fix it.

in my opinion you still need to know amazon 🙂 its a terrible place, the reason the amazon is growing because they treat seller like slaves ,imagine where there is no customer service for seller what kind of that place is?
sellers are only allowed to write issue by email ,amazon is buyer place, that is i moving my business to ebay, and i feel much better here at least i can fight for my right here, on amazon seller even cannot fight.

Message 70 of 89
latest reply

For your information you are talking may be few years back, amazon has ended seller support for sellers, so where you will call if you have issue? seller even cannot call and seller pay amazon 15% straight rate for selling every item + amazon buy items from sellers and sell on prime on lower rates than sellers prices , they are stubbing the sellers + any buyer open any return by any reason,seller even cannot accept or reject return, amazon hold this control with them, and they use seller money to give to buyer, seller is like a hunger games character only surviving, at least on ebay your case investigate + on ebay seller has control to accept or reject return request.

amazon is terrible place for sellers, they have alot of buyers but so many buyers are scammers, they take prime membership to screw the sellers, spend 120 and get 2000$ from sellers, and who pay that cost , not amazon, but sellers.
Message 71 of 89
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
Ebay has claimed to be implementing seller protections repeatedly through the years. They always fail to follow through on actually doing what they say! It's just like the MBG guarantee requiring the buyer returns the item in the same condition it was sold, yet ebay doesn't seem to care WHAT the buyer returns! It's always doublespeak.
Message 72 of 89
latest reply

i agree with you on this matter, seller protections need to be taken serious by ebay , offcourse sellers are here to do business, i hope ebay will improve in future, but i am not going back to add any more inventory on amazon, i tried ebay one year, and here profit is good, yes some policies are still not clear its like double speak, but still its better and i hope ebay should define policies clearly either in buyer or seller end so seller and buyer can know what are policies, some policies are not clear.
Message 73 of 89
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

1. Allow sellers to leave buyers feedback, and perhaps even show a buyer metric on how many returns the buyer has had, and give the seller the option to cancel if to many, without punishment.

This is not going to happen ever, never, ever.  I would not shop at any site, physical or ecommerce, that posted ratings about buyers.

I don't know why people keep bringing this up as some kind of viable policy.

2. allow sellers to set there own terms on returns. This is the way the world works.

Yep, a seller can do that on the seller's own site or in the seller's b&m store.  Oh sure, go tell Amazon, etsy or anywhere else that the seller demands to set her/his own terms or she/he won't sell there.  Try not to let the door hit ya on the way out.   

The way the world works?  Where ?

I wouldn't have a problem shopping somewhere that put scummy customers on blast.  It's no different than when stores used to put bounced checks up on their wall to shame the people that had ripped them off.

Message 74 of 89
latest reply

It's no different than when stores used to put bounced checks up on their wall to shame the people that had ripped them off.

I knew someone would say that.  grinning

It is illegal to write a check while knowing it will bounce.  Those names don't get posted because of one oops overdraft.   And I haven't seen a list of names taped to a register in years.

Saying that I'm a horrible buyer and/or BEWARE !!! in an online public space is a totally different situation.

Edit:  Anyway, it's a moot point.   Negative feedback for buyers is not going to be allowed here and, again, I don't know why people bring it up.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 75 of 89
latest reply