cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

@mystic_nights wrote:

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

There is the problem right there..I ship the same day buyer orders and it shows paid. Do not wait the 4 days or whatever...

Message 211 of 248
latest reply

So…I usually always except offers just to push stuff out the door. It now says the seller has 4 days to pay?! This is crazy, the item sits invisible as sold for 4 days. One item I am waiting the 4 days for the person to pay and I’m pretty sure they are not going to pay so it sits. 

Message 212 of 248
latest reply

And who is shopping without money?! Come on! Seriously if you have no money don’t press the buy button!

Message 213 of 248
latest reply

Not true. The money I made on Ebay I spent on Ebay.  Also, from a buyers point, I had a partial refund coming and it took 5 days after the seller issued the refund, to receive it. Not good business. For me, it's not the MP, it's the fact that Ebay usually screws up just about everything. Not giving them control of my money.  

Message 214 of 248
latest reply

My husband just tried to sell something for the first time after paypal was completely removed from Ebay.  (previous to this he'd sold quite a bit over several years and was an established seller.)  Ebay said he'd have his funds immediately & then proceeded to put a hold on the payment for at least 24 hours AFTER the buyer had received the item.  So he went to cancel the sale & let the buyer know that he wasn't able to complete the transaction due to this and issue a full refund, and upon inspection, the refund wasn't pulling out of his ebay funds, but rather out of the bank account linked to his ebay account.  So now he's stuck having to pay out of pocket for fast shipping so that he can get his funds sooner rather than later.  

It's a nightmare.  He can't back out & he can't get his money to help with shipping.  Just awful.  He said he wasn't going to sell on ebay anymore for exactly this reason.  If they hadn't gotten rid of paypal, this would've never been an issue. 

michemckis_0-1624896864113.png

Message 215 of 248
latest reply

BOO

Message 216 of 248
latest reply

@miche.mckis wrote:

It's a nightmare.  He can't back out & he can't get his money to help with shipping.  Just awful.  He said he wasn't going to sell on ebay anymore for exactly this reason.  If they hadn't gotten rid of paypal, this would've never been an issue. 

It's not an issue if you understand how MP works and to know that you can use the pending funds to pay for the shipping.

Have a great day
Message 217 of 248
latest reply

yes friend

please give us paypal..

Message 218 of 248
latest reply

@nadunk_90 wrote:

yes friend

please give us paypal..

Why? It is illegal for you to accept Paypal funds, so why on earth would you want them ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 219 of 248
latest reply

@miche.mckis wrote:

My husband just tried to sell something for the first time after paypal was completely removed from Ebay.  (previous to this he'd sold quite a bit over several years and was an established seller.)  Ebay said he'd have his funds immediately & then proceeded to put a hold on the payment for at least 24 hours AFTER the buyer had received the item.  So he went to cancel the sale & let the buyer know that he wasn't able to complete the transaction due to this and issue a full refund, and upon inspection, the refund wasn't pulling out of his ebay funds, but rather out of the bank account linked to his ebay account.  So now he's stuck having to pay out of pocket for fast shipping so that he can get his funds sooner rather than later.  

michemckis_0-1624896864113.png

That's exactly why I chose not to sell on Ebay any longer, after 14 years.  I'm done jumping through hoops, pay-to-play, and percentages taken on everything including taxes and shipping.  I liked using Paypal for my payments, too.  They were only about the financial side of it.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 220 of 248
latest reply

@nadunk_90 wrote:

yes friend

please give us paypal..

Since you can't legally receive money through Pay Pal, what good would it do?

Have a great day
Message 221 of 248
latest reply

A few nights ago, while going to sleep, I was listening to a talk radio program on WHAS 840 AM out of Louisville, KY. The news broadcast came on at the bottom of the hour. I vaguely remember hearing something being said about PayPal and their plans to start their own auction site similar to eBay. This makes sense as PayPal is a trusted payments processing company and already has all of our information that they need to do so. The infrastructure is already there and in place.

Been using PayPal for years and have NEVER had an issue. Would love to see them proceed with this plan. Assuming of course that this is what I actually heard. Also vaguely remember something being said in the news broadcast that PayPal’s FVF fees would be less than eBay’s.

Yes, I understand eBay’s desire to cut PayPal out of the picture and keep all of the fees for themselves. Ebay is a business and as such, it’s all about the bottom line. I can not fault eBay for doing so. However, I just don’t know, and as such, don’t trust the company that eBay has contracted with to handle their payments. I don’t want my banking account nor SSN information shared with a company I know nothing about. And especially don’t want it sent to who knows where.

As such, I have temporarily suspended selling on eBay until someone gets this fiasco straightened out. If PayPal is indeed planning to start their own auction site, SIGN ME UP TODAY!

I guess the prospect of PayPal starting their own auction site is one side effect of Managed Payments that eBay neglected to consider.

As a test, I have listed a few items on Bonanza, but so far, not seeing much potential there. Seems all I do there is collect tokens.

However, unlike Bonanza and some other competitive auction sites, PayPal IS big enough as well as tech savvy enough to cause eBay some real headaches. Guess eBay didn’t really think about all the repercussions Managed Payments might have.

Only time will tell how this plays out.

Message 222 of 248
latest reply

Do you have your MP set up for weekly or daily?  I have been getting mine within 2 days with no problem.  You might want to check your setup.

Message 223 of 248
latest reply

@miche.mckis wrote:

eBay does not promise instant payments after the completion of the sale like Paypal. It is pending for 2 days and is sent off ACH in the next day or two. I have gotten money even before the items were delivered.  You don't have to pay for next-day shipping. There is no risk of sending the item even if it is not in your bank account. It can't be reversed, changed, or altered. What other platforms allow instant payment these days? Sure as heck not Amazon or Mercari. Unless you want to sell everything for cash on Craigslist.

Message 224 of 248
latest reply

Absolutely , as a seller I have only bought items on e bay with $ from my pay pal account , now with managed payments and monies going to my NEW bank account .. I will not be buying anymore on e bay .. 

Message 225 of 248
latest reply