cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi folks, I noticed something interesting tonight about MP payment program. I decided to check out the 40 or 50 sellers  that I've used and followed over the past 20 years. Only four are still selling or trying to sell the others are gone .  It is now obvious to me that sellers are leaving eBay due to this new program payment disaster. I've also noticed the buyers are not in the same shopping volume  as they used to be either. Is eBay going to crash and burn? 

Here's a good thought why doesn't PayPal start their own auction site just as eBay used to be. I expect if that happened eBay  would lose half their business. Come on PayPal start an auction site. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 53 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Since buyers can still pay with PayPal, maybe your items just doi appeal these days, I mean, how many people actually want to buy a bubble machine quality necklace that's "haunted"?

Message 2 of 248
latest reply

Right on Shirkie. It has nothing to do with my listings and ratings. I have been making sales every month since 2006 with no issues and then after Ebay removed Paypal, my sales are gone. Many other Ebay sellers are complaining and reporting no sales after Ebay started making sellers use their bank accounts too. It isn't just me. 

Message 3 of 248
latest reply

@mystic_nights wrote:

Right on Shirkie. It has nothing to do with my listings and ratings. I have been making sales every month since 2006 with no issues and then after Ebay removed Paypal, my sales are gone. Many other Ebay sellers are complaining and reporting no sales after Ebay started making sellers use their bank accounts too. It isn't just me. 

Buyers can still pay using Pay Pal, so that hasn't changed anything.

The only thing that's changed on the buyers side, they have more ways to pay.

If you're waiting to ship until the funds are in your checking account, that might put off some buyers.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 248
latest reply

@mystic_nights wrote:

I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing!

When I buy shipping labels, I chose to pay for them using the pending funds.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 248
latest reply

Low sales and managed payments  have nothing to do with each other. 

If  your sales are slow, they are slow for some other reason than managed payments.

Before managed payments your buyers saw this...

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.52.44 AM.png

After managed payments your buyers see this...

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.59.41 AM.png

That's the ONLY difference that customers see.

Do you really think that's what's causing your slow sales?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 248
latest reply

@shirkie_42 wrote:

Since buyers can still pay with PayPal, maybe your items just doi appeal these days, I mean, how many people actually want to buy a bubble machine quality necklace that's "haunted"?

And I thought "haunted items" were in direct violationn of eBay's Intangile Items Policy, anyhow:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/intangible-items-policy?id=5038

"Intangible items or anything a buyer can't confirm that they've received are not allowed.

"All listings and products on eBay.com must offer a physical, tangible item. Listings and products that don't can be confusing for customers and can increase the risk of fraud.

"What is the policy?

"Intangible items or things that buyers can't confirm that they've received are not allowed. For example:

A ghost in a jar
    Someone's soul
    Spells or haunted items"

=

Message 7 of 248
latest reply

Not exactly Maxine. That policy only applies to haunted items that have no tangible item. My haunted jewelry are physical items and Ebay approved them because they are tangible. Thanks. 

Message 8 of 248
latest reply

InHawaii, I think you are forgetting the notification email that all ebay users saw that notified them of Ebay no longer allowing sellers to be paid via Paypal. Furthermore, I think you are also not realizing that buyers will flee if they know that it takes four days for their payment for their purchase to be received by the seller. Thus, yes, indeed I do believe my NON sales is a result of Ebay removing Paypal, especially since my non sales on Ebay began after I changed my payment method to my bank account. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 248
latest reply

Well, that's an odd use of the language, I must say.  I thought the "haunted" part is that which is intangible.  So if a buyer says the item is not haunted, after all, you process an Item Not As Described claim in the usual manner?

=

Message 10 of 248
latest reply

@mystic_nights wrote:

InHawaii, I think you are forgetting the notification email that all ebay users saw that notified them of Ebay no longer allowing sellers to be paid via Paypal. Furthermore, I think you are also not realizing that buyers will flee if they know that it takes four days for their payment for their purchase to be received by the seller. Thus, yes, indeed I do believe my NON sales is a result of Ebay removing Paypal, especially since my non sales on Ebay began after I changed my payment method to my bank account. Thanks. 

What ??

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've made hundreds of purchases in the last month using Paypal without any issue.

Can you show us this email because I never received it.

Furthermore, there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever to refuse to ship orders for 4 days. When ebay tells you to ship the item, you ship the item. Same was with Paypal. There's literally no difference whatsoever.

The only difference is that in which you 'perceive' you are receiving your payment later. The reality with Paypal is, even though it appears the funds were immediately available they weren't really. Paypal was just allowing those funds to be available immediately when in fact they took probably the same amount of time to fully process that MP does.

Message 11 of 248
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

Well, that's an odd use of the language, I must say.  I thought the "haunted" part is that which is intangible.  So if a buyer says the item is not haunted, after all, you process an Item Not As Described claim in the usual manner?

=

ONLY if the buyer provides proof that a ghost hunting team  has officially declared the item not haunted. But then again the buyer could just use an exorcist to clear any demon spirits from the item without disclosing that to the seller just so they could get an easy refund. Scammers! 😞

Message 12 of 248
latest reply

Maybe one of those magical items could tell the op why shes not making any sales.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 13 of 248
latest reply

"Low sales and managed payments  have nothing to do with each other."

I guess, in a technical sense.

I think it's worth noting, sellers are also buyers... I really don't know about anyone else, but as MP has been rolling down that path, and now it's near the end, well, I've seen many many unhappy sellers all the way down that path and even more at the end of it. So perhaps there might be a downturn in sales, because sellers are buyers too: just a thought and, in that thought and, in a particular sense, the OP's complaint seems valid to me.

Just a view:

Message 14 of 248
latest reply

@mystic_nights wrote:

Where in the world did you get that?  It is untrue.  And even if it were true, buyers do not know -- nor do they care -- who processes their payments.  Do you think people who buy from Amazon or Etsy, from Walmart or Target, know who is processing the payments?  Of course not.  Woukd they care, if they did know?  Of course not.

When you buy gas or groceries do you have to wait for the money to be in the station or store's bank account before you can leave with your purchase?  Of course not.  Your credit card has been run, the processor says it's copacetic, and -- with the charges pending -- you get to drive off with your gas or groceries. 

=

Message 15 of 248
latest reply