cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

@hello-dolly39 wrote:

no, you are dead wrong, buyers and sellers have to wait way too long to get paid or receive items, and that causes shipping items to take forever and ppl just don't want to wait, if I send my items I sell out right away instead of waiting to see the money in my bank account then the buyer could back out of sale, changing their mind and then ebay will refund them right away and the item I sent they will get including the money back. lots of ppl are leaving not just sellers buyers too, I like buying here but we all have to wait to see the money before shipping items, PayPal was instant payment, not waiting a week to see the money

Not how it works.

When eBay/MP confirms the payment that means that the buyer payment has been secured , and is being processed.

eBay will not "refund them right away".

That process is the same as it was.

If a buyer requests to cancel  The process has not changed.

If a buyer requests a return for "remorse",  INR, or "not as described". The process has not changed.

No we don't have to "wait" to see the money. The money is ours when the payment is confirmed. It just isn't "fronted" while it is processing the way it was with PP.

Sellers can wait until the funds are in their checking if they want to. Nothing wrong with that if it is what you want to do as long as you still ship within your listed handling time.

Correct, people don't want to wait for the items that they have paid for.

My buyers are experiencing no shipping delays on my end.

Message 136 of 248
latest reply

@hello-dolly39 wrote:

no, you are dead wrong, buyers and sellers have to wait way too long to get paid or receive items, and that causes shipping items to take forever and ppl just don't want to wait, if I send my items I sell out right away instead of waiting to see the money in my bank account then the buyer could back out of sale, changing their mind and then ebay will refund them right away and the item I sent they will get including the money back. lots of ppl are leaving not just sellers buyers too, I like buying here but we all have to wait to see the money before shipping items, PayPal was instant payment, not waiting a week to see the money

You need to stop spreading fake news.

Message 137 of 248
latest reply

I don't know any seller who after entering into managed payments changed their handling time to 3+ days.  amazon will hold your payments for 3 weeks.  google is still holding my adsense payment of $80 and change after they restricted monetization.  Your sales are down because ebay allowed some college puddings with analytic backgrounds to tinker with the sitre.  It's as ridiculous as the nfl and like the nfl the fix is in.  Ebay years ago said our listings wouldn't always be seen.  It wasn't like they were kidding.  Unless you are a slave to the system and listing every day(at least 50+ item if not 200+)the system doesn't like you.  If you do not accept some low ball offers the system doesn't like you.  Ebay is a whole sale garage sale amazon affiliate right night now.  If you cling to an item you're toast.  It doesn't matter what you sell.  today's consumer will buy anything.  You have to constantly be active or ebay will bury you.  Ebay is not about tomorrow,  it's about the seconds before now.  Paypal was an obedient servant.  I wouldn't shake your pom poms about them that much and start blaming the real culprit,  brainwashed college analysts.  

Message 138 of 248
latest reply

"Good grief.  And people wonder why Buyers are giving up on this site?  Stop being the poster child for all the reasons e-bay needs to enforce Selling standards for Sellers.  Wow."

What's weird is that I can view the OP's items, and see the FB but when I try to go to 'sold' or 'completeds' I get a big fat zero.  Strange.

Message 139 of 248
latest reply

The sky is falling again folks.

Yes!  Do we not have yet another winner of the coveted eBay badge...

afcddaf87c1b44fb39d3b302511c5588--cartoon-cartoon-chicken.v01.jpg

-

Message 140 of 248
latest reply

@hello-dolly39 wrote:

Do you have any proof of any of this or are you just making it up because it sounds good?  These threads are ridiculous. 

Message 141 of 248
latest reply

True there is no reason for Ebay holding on to people's money for 4 days other than to basically give themselves a free credit line, again on YOUR backs.

The funny thing is Paypal and Ebay were the same company not too long ago, and now Ebay is suddenly bullying people to not use it by refusing to pay sellers for items they already shipped.  Ebay is in a state of chaos and the crooks in charge seem to be just interested in squeezing every penny out of it before abandoning ship.

Looks like they are trying to make up for the lost sales commissions they've caused by stealing people's earnings from their sales of items already shipped to buyers. Very pathetic. Details here https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

You can reach their absentee CEO Jamie Iannone here:  jiannone@ebay.com.

Message 142 of 248
latest reply

@gosolids wrote:

True there is no reason for Ebay holding on to people's money for 4 days other than to basically give themselves a free credit line, again on YOUR backs.

Unless you're on weekly payouts, they don't hold your money.

The payment takes a couple days to process, once it's processed, they send the funds to your checking account the next business day, if you chose daily payouts.

If you want paid, you need to sign up for MP like the rest of us.

Have a great day
Message 143 of 248
latest reply

Let's all agree that eBay could of done a much better job of explaining how to safely prepare for using MP (like getting a separate checking account and debit card) so all these frightened eBay sellers would of been better assured that they weren't going to lose the house or their retirement accounts if they signed up!

Instead the eBay chatter and announcements scared sellers.  Plus the small print (almost kinda) threatened us into submission.  It wasn't very well handled in regard to how people perceived it and if you're eBay trying to change the tide, seems like the communication could of been a lot better!  eBay only has itself to blame if people didn't catch on or understand they had options to protect themselves.  So the site lost some sellers.  What... the ones that couldn't read?  The ones that couldn't research the facts?  Too bad... 😞

Message 144 of 248
latest reply

What... the ones that couldn't read? The ones that couldn't research the facts? 

-----

They probably shouldn't have been here to begin with.

Message 145 of 248
latest reply

I'm not very smart, but it was a "no brainer" for me to know that I would want a separate checking account for eBay.

Opened a second checking account before I accepted the invitation to be a part of MP.

And yes it was an invitation for my 1st account. The second account got the "or else" ultimatum.

Message 146 of 248
latest reply

I am with you on this one! Managed Payment & Seller Hub suck big time!

Message 147 of 248
latest reply

These threads are ridiculous.

They are something, all right.  Wow.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 148 of 248
latest reply

There are many reasons that things have changed.

1st; PP did NOT want to renew their contract.

2nd; PP 'fronted' the money instead of waiting until they were actually paid from all seller various credit card/banks etc (not normal)

3rd; waiting for payment is 100% NORMAL for all CC Processors (see any B&M Store, Etsy, Bonanza, Mercari, Amazon, Ebid etc. etc.) 

4th: Ebay had to find another Processor since PP didn't want to do it anymore. This processor does thing 'normally'. 

Message 149 of 248
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Just took a look at your items and terms of sale, specifically item #324509240089. It is a violation of the Feedback Manipulation policy to even discuss feedback in a listing, let alone threaten a buyer for leaving negative feedback.

Your last buyer obviously took this threat seriously enough that they were afraid to leave a negative, so they left a negative review under a positive. Sellers cannot control or coerce buyers in regards to feedback. Your terms are both unenforcible and in violation of multiple policies. It is highly unprofessional to have included this in your listings:

“I am not responsible for any paranormal occurrence or non paranormal occurrence that you experience from this item and Ebay requires that I state that this item is intended for entertainment purposes only. Also, by purchasing this item, you are agreeing to not leave negative feedback if you experience a paranormal occurrence from this item that you do not like or if you do not experience any paranormal occurrence from this item. Negative feed back received for experiencing a paranormal occurrence from this item that you do not like or for not experiencing any paranormal occurrence from this item will result in a report to Ebay and the negative feedback will be removed.”

Why are you trying to cause a distraction here? He said his sales were fine until ebay started playing these dumb games. Your opinion about his listings is irrelevant and was not requested.

Message 150 of 248
latest reply