cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Has Forced Guaranteed Delivery!!! Did NOT Opt In!

auctionpet
Guide

Surprise! Surprise! Despite the fact that my site preferences say NO for Guaranteed delivery, nor did I click to OPT IN, ebay has changed ALL my listings to Guaranteed Delivery!

The estimated delivery dates being completely unrealistic and actually impossible. My listings all have 2 day handling. They're all showing delivery by Monday May 6 for someone in my area. That's impossible, considering the 2 day handling wouldn't have me shipping an item until Monday if it was ordered today (Thursday), as the 2 days doesn't include weekends. CS couldn't seem to comprehend this.

I DO NOT want Guaranteed delivery. I have no interest in being forced into it or being forced to take a return simply because ebay gives a buyer an unrealistic magic carpet delivery time and the carrier can't meet it. Resulting in a potential large monetary loss due to loss of paypal fees, and shipping both ways!!

I phoned CS and they state that ebay has the policy requiring automatic Guaranteed delivery if you use an expedited shipping method, despite any handling time! The only way out would be to chose a non expedited shipping method. It's hard enough to get sales, buyers aren't going to select listings with economy shipping. I asked the rep to tell me where I could see this new policy and he couldn't point it out to me of course! This is not good. After I hung up, I saw my other account was also suddenly showing all Guaranteed Delivery!

First it's forced GTC and now it's forced Guaranteed Delivery. Did I miss something? Can someone show me the policy that just took effect forcing sellers into this nightmare of guaranteed delivery if they use expedited shipping!! It seems seller's hands are tied no matter what they try to do here and they have zero control over their listings or business!!

Am I the only one suddenly seeing this change?!

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Re: Ebay Has Forced Guaranteed Delivery!!! Did NOT Opt In!

Turning off GD under one's seller account is not enough to get rid of it.  I was told that the only way to turn it off is to call CS and request to be opted out of the   "Fast and Free" setting.  I did this sometime within the last 2 years.  BTW, I offer 2-day handling.  Whether I charge for shipping or not, my listings now show shoppers a realistic delivery window instead of "delivery in 4 days".   eBay will tell you doing that opting out of FAST & FREE can reduce your sales, which it probably has a little, but I'd rather my listings don't show promises the postal service can't keep. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 91 of 91
latest reply