cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEO Resigns

That is great news, but ebay's has a lot to fix in a short amount of time 

1st is forced managed payments, """"STOP IT NOW""""", rethink and read what sellers and buyers are saying

""""a lot more seller protection""""", or sellers will be in the same sinking boat, and jumping to a floating ship,

cause ebay is sinking at an alarming rate

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: CEO Resigns

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Oh yeah Gracie, that might be the interest here. However , PP did do exceptionally well after the split. Perhaps Ebay website might do better with a split of it’s other assets? If then they can focus mainly on ebay. If that is what they are considering then Maybe that’s a good thing. If they are considering it to just sell all three then I do not know what will become of Ebay.

Quite true, PayPal did do very well.  Not as well as the person who caused it, though.  What with the split and selling off the shares, from both ebay and PayPal, I am sure Ichan did quite well, too, as he had planned.  Only time will tell, IF they sell off the core.  I, personally, would hate to see that happen.  I very much enjoyed selling here in the early years, and have my accounts, just in case .....

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 31 of 56
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

People were all Whoopee! Ding dong! When Meg left and who did we get?  Donahoe.

Yep, and soon after Wenig, some people were wishing for Meg back.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 32 of 56
latest reply

"The devil you know . . . "
Message 33 of 56
latest reply

Good! Now listen to what your sellers have been telling you. Get rid of managed payments. Get rid of forced GTC. Fix your search engine. Get rid of promoted listings and restore visibility. Bottom line stop the greed and nickle and diming your sellers. Stop outsourcing your calls. Stop trying to be something that you aren't. Treat sellers fairly. Then maybe, just maybe, sellers will start posting more listings and make some sales. 

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
"The devil you know . . . "

"....frequently the lesser of ...."

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

Not true it is not same on other online venue's. On other they give you the mailing cost from your sale. Also are faster in getting your $. E bay is slow to pay and wants you to front the mailing cost.  It is hard for me to pay mailing before i am paid. Or have to transfer $ to pay pal to mail items not been paid for. If e bay can not fix so my mailing can be deducted from sale with their manged payment I will never join it. Will just quit selling on e bay.  Before I pay mailing from my pocket. Not knowing if e bay is not going to take other buyer cash to pay for mailing someone else buy for others return. That is bull it is not the same on many other sites that mange their own banking.  

@lovett-1000 

Ebay has said they are working towards having better features of MP in the future for shipping.  So we all have to wait and see what that might actually look like.  It isn't a matter of fixing this.  The option simply doesn't exist yet.  But I agree with you and I hope that by the time I enter MP it will be a feature of the program.

As to not being able to fund shipping if this doesn't change quick enough.  I think we all know that MP is coming by 2021 site wide.  I also think that is plenty of time to do a little planning and improve your cash flow to allow for this upcoming need.  Even if you simply put about $5 a week in an account or leave it in PP for your future needs.  This should be something that can be worked with as you still have up to a couple years to do the planning needed.

If you look at Etsy and Amazon, payments are sent to their sellers every couple of weeks.  I'm not sure what site you are comparing Ebay's timing to, but I don't think any site is as good as PP is, however that doesn't mean Ebay is the slowest, because they aren't.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 36 of 56
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

All the CEO's that Ebay has had over the years have never been popular on the threads.  I don't imagine the next one will be either.

Message 37 of 56
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Oh yeah Gracie, that might be the interest here. However , PP did do exceptionally well after the split. Perhaps Ebay website might do better with a split of it’s other assets? If then they can focus mainly on ebay. If that is what they are considering then Maybe that’s a good thing. If they are considering it to just sell all three then I do not know what will become of Ebay.

@vintagecraze50 

YOu are absolutely correct.  PP did very will before, during and after the split.  However that had a whole lot to do with the five year contract they had with Ebay.  At the time Ebay was a major portion of their income, so the contract was a vital part of their success moving forward.

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

I was referring to my etsy account. As they give me option to print mailing from purchase price at time of the buy.  They also deduct fees and all in one deal.  Then in 2 to 3 days the money is in my bank. Most it has ever been 5 days because of weekend or holiday.  As for saving $5 a week to prepare for this.  In 2 years at that rate I would have saved $520. In winter months my postage cost in 3 weeks with mailing my pecans can go well over $1000.  So the save deal would only be a temp deal. It would not take long to wipe out the little I could save up.  You are right as you say PP is the best. You will pay only extra .05 cent to get better protection of your sales and PP stands with me better than e bay could ever dream of.  It is going to be hard for me to fork out the high mailing cost before I am even paid. Have to have the PP for mailing cost. Not going to be transferring money to cover the postage. In most cases in 3 weeks the buyer has got my item used it up before I would be paid for it. So if e bay can not get the mailing from the buy before i am paid. I will loose my selling status I work hard to keep. And will jut go to etsy for all my sales. I would then no longer need the PP anyway.  I do hope you the best with kindness of thoughts. 

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

@ckudika wrote:

@somanypcs wrote:

The norm of managed payments on other sites is a transaction fee.  Also all credit card payment systems charge a transaction fee.  The item fee of $.25 (instead of a transaction fee) will put most high volume, low cost sellers out of business on eBay.  For instance, if someone buys 40 postcards from me in a combined sale I will have to pay $10 in item fees alone plus 2.7% beginning in October, an egregious increase in fees.  It tips my business from profitable to non-profitable.

Create variations in your listings with multiple quantity options

Unfortunately ebay seems loath to expand the categories where MV listings are available.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 40 of 56
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

All the CEO's that Ebay has had over the years have never been popular on the threads.  I don't imagine the next one will be either.

Frankly, the board's track record for the selecting of CEO's appears to be somewhat dismal in the last few selections.  We just have to wait and see how this new one works out.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 41 of 56
latest reply

Unless they bring in an outsider, things will never change

Message 42 of 56
latest reply

eBay has done some changes to cope new challenges because with passage of time new many other platform evolving in market, but the word change is good, but it must be good change, unfortunately eBay has done some good changes and more terrible changes which is reason why many loyal giant sellers has left this platform, behind the curtain its really hurting.

Message 43 of 56
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

I was referring to my etsy account. As they give me option to print mailing from purchase price at time of the buy.  They also deduct fees and all in one deal.  Then in 2 to 3 days the money is in my bank. Most it has ever been 5 days because of weekend or holiday.  As for saving $5 a week to prepare for this.  In 2 years at that rate I would have saved $520. In winter months my postage cost in 3 weeks with mailing my pecans can go well over $1000.  So the save deal would only be a temp deal. It would not take long to wipe out the little I could save up.  You are right as you say PP is the best. You will pay only extra .05 cent to get better protection of your sales and PP stands with me better than e bay could ever dream of.  It is going to be hard for me to fork out the high mailing cost before I am even paid. Have to have the PP for mailing cost. Not going to be transferring money to cover the postage. In most cases in 3 weeks the buyer has got my item used it up before I would be paid for it. So if e bay can not get the mailing from the buy before i am paid. I will loose my selling status I work hard to keep. And will jut go to etsy for all my sales. I would then no longer need the PP anyway.  I do hope you the best with kindness of thoughts. 

I think that is a very valid point.  Etsy uses Ayden too.  So it can't be a function that Ayden can't handle but one that Ebay isn't set up to handle.  And I agree, hopefully Ebay will resolve this issue before we have to enter the program.

Etsy does allow sellers to from time to time get their money deposited faster, however the normal is every couple of weeks.  MP is depositing daily however that does take 2-4 days to arrive.  Part of that delay is due to Ebay is NOT doing it like PP does.  PP allows immediate access to most payments received in PP.  Ebay is not transmitting funds to sellers until the payments have cleared their funding source.  PP doesn't do that, which makes it so much easier with PP.

Ebay payments can be delayed a little depending on your bank and their procedures too.  So when you are in MP, it is best to make sure whatever account you tie to MP it is with a major bank and not a little one.

Once you save up that money, that doesn't mean you stop putting money into PP after that and just let it ride.  Once your money starts flowing out of MP, you need to set aside the money for shipping and transfer that to your PP account too.  That should continue to keep the money flowing for you without issue.  

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

Adyen have a good track record in multiple industries so they're not the ones who concern me, it's eBay.  Presenting an 'all in one' payments solution that leaves out one vital part of the puzzle, shipping, isn't really ready to be rolled out.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 45 of 56
latest reply