cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEO Resigns

That is great news, but ebay's has a lot to fix in a short amount of time 

1st is forced managed payments, """"STOP IT NOW""""", rethink and read what sellers and buyers are saying

""""a lot more seller protection""""", or sellers will be in the same sinking boat, and jumping to a floating ship,

cause ebay is sinking at an alarming rate

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

CEO Resigns

Devin Wenig, eBay’s president and chief executive, has resigned as the online retailer pursues an extensive review of its business and weighs whether to sell more of its assets, the company announced Wednesday.

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

I wouldn't bet on managed payments going anywhere. That is a new revenue stream for Ebay.
Message 4 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

A few tweaks can easily fix the managed payments, it is a matter of whether eBay is willing to do that.

eBay failed miserably in the last few years because every time pushing a new feature there is no continuity and drove away sellers and products. 

Those so called "eBay expression" are PR stunt, the questions were specially designed to ignore the real frustrations the sellers have.

Fact is no seller will "miss" eBay or feel sad for eBay, sellers thrive in other selling channels.  Same thing and same price I am selling in eBay, I am selling a few in eBay while selling thousands in other channels.  Does eBay expression ever try to ask seller why?  

eBay tried to match other sites service level to customers, but charging HIGHER commission and fees while lacking logistic and shipping support.   

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

@neato-burrito wrote:
I wouldn't bet on managed payments going anywhere. That is a new revenue stream for Ebay.

And they are the norm on nearly EVERY other online venue.

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

The norm of managed payments on other sites is a transaction fee.  Also all credit card payment systems charge a transaction fee.  The item fee of $.25 (instead of a transaction fee) will put most high volume, low cost sellers out of business on eBay.  For instance, if someone buys 40 postcards from me in a combined sale I will have to pay $10 in item fees alone plus 2.7% beginning in October, an egregious increase in fees.  It tips my business from profitable to non-profitable.

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

@somanypcs wrote:

The norm of managed payments on other sites is a transaction fee.  Also all credit card payment systems charge a transaction fee.  The item fee of $.25 (instead of a transaction fee) will put most high volume, low cost sellers out of business on eBay.  For instance, if someone buys 40 postcards from me in a combined sale I will have to pay $10 in item fees alone plus 2.7% beginning in October, an egregious increase in fees.  It tips my business from profitable to non-profitable.

Create variations in your listings with multiple quantity options

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

Just wait until the FTC steps in. 

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

@equid0x wrote:

Just wait until the FTC steps in. 

For what specifically?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

@whiteyswrecking wrote:

That is great news, but ebay's has a lot to fix in a short amount of time 

1st is forced managed payments, """"STOP IT NOW""""", rethink and read what sellers and buyers are saying

""""a lot more seller protection""""", or sellers will be in the same sinking boat, and jumping to a floating ship,

cause ebay is sinking at an alarming rate

What do buyer's have to complain about with MPs?  For buyers the only thing that affects them is they have more payment options.  Other than that, everything functions the same for buyers.

MP however has some growing to do that is for sure.  But there is still time before the majority or all of us have to use it.

Message 11 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

I hate the thought of having to participate in MP!!! The example you pointed out is because of the way you are listing and can be fixed by adding the 25 cent fee to your listings. As it is now, you would still be subject to $10 in fees if you sold the postcards to 40 different buyers. To some degree, PayPal has spoiled us a little. If it is the difference between making a profit or losing money, you need to fix it yourself.

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

We don't have a fixed timetable for mandatory MP to work with. I have become enamored with PayPal and am resistant to any new program being force fed to me. I could probably work around MP, but am making a personal decision not to. 

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

@upgradedendmills wrote:

We don't have a fixed timetable for mandatory MP to work with. I have become enamored with PayPal and am resistant to any new program being force fed to me. I could probably work around MP, but am making a personal decision not to. 

I too am perfectly happy with PP, but unfortunately we don't have a choice.  By 2021 we well all be in MP unless something changes between now and then.  And anytime in between it is hard to say if Ebay isn't going to tell some of us we are being opt'd into the program.  Ebay does have percentages of total sales they have to adhere to with their contract with PP.  So they can't exceed those ceilings.  But if enough sellers aren't going in voluntarily, Ebay's approach could change.

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

CEO Resigns

Selling 40 postcards to 40 different buyers will result in total transaction fees of $2.00 since I am signed up for PayPal Micropayments (5% + $.05/transaction).  This is still substantially lower than $10.00 for eBay item fees (40 x $.25).  I had a thread requesting eBay adopt some sort of Micropayment fees in their Managed Payment program, but I never got an eBay response.

Message 15 of 56
latest reply