cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEO Resigns

That is great news, but ebay's has a lot to fix in a short amount of time 

1st is forced managed payments, """"STOP IT NOW""""", rethink and read what sellers and buyers are saying

""""a lot more seller protection""""", or sellers will be in the same sinking boat, and jumping to a floating ship,

cause ebay is sinking at an alarming rate

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: CEO Resigns

@greg5000 wrote:

It's a "Great News Day" for eBay members (Sellers & Buyers).

The Board finally had enough (as did we).  Kudos to the Board!!

Time for sweeping changes ... and to sweep away:

• GTC Mandate
  • Managed Payments
  • And other things Customers don't want, or are not working.

...yet to be seen... typically when a sitting CEO is removed from large companies there is a period where things get worse, transition time with a new CEO (or in cases such as this where one is removed and there is no current perm replacement just a sitting temp CEO) can do this. Being the sitting CEO is Ebay's Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer that would reasonably assume that no changes will be directly made immediately. Guess we'll have to watch and see who they look at for potential replacements... if they are even announced to the public. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 46 of 56
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@greg5000 wrote:

• GTC Mandate
  • Managed Payments

...yet to be seen... typically when a sitting CEO is removed from large companies there is a period where things get worse, transition time with a new CEO (or in cases such as this where one is removed and there is no current perm replacement just a sitting temp CEO) can do this. Being the sitting CEO is Ebay's Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer that would reasonably assume that no changes will be directly made immediately. Guess we'll have to watch and see who they look at for potential replacements... if they are even announced to the public. 

It's a publicly traded company.  They have to state who the CEO is, when they make that decision.  Just like they said who was the acting CEO.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 47 of 56
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@greg5000 

With all due respect, I'm wondering why you think that IF the board forced Wenig to resign, that they have any plans to do any of the things you, and many others, have hopes and wishes of happening?

Considering that the board was fine having Wenig around until the Elliott and Starboard Value BODs came onboard, and considering that, probably at the behest of those new BODs, Wenig is no longer CEO, and considering that they are in it strictly for the profit, as quickly as they can manage - just like the Ichan who came onboard to get PayPal cut loose, got his money, and then, poof, gone - I really don't see a brighter future for sellers on ebay. These people are Investor Activists (formerly called Corporate Raiders). They are in it for the money and that only. You and I and the other sellers don't matter, nor the buyers.

So, if you thnk about it, I mean, really stop and think about it, please tell me why you think there will be a 'And, they lived happily, ever after' to this story.

Time will tell what the future of eBay will be ... things may get better, or they may get worse. 

If the new CEO doesn't already know what his direction is (from the Board), he will very soon. 

Ultimately the Board and the CEO need to listen to their Customers.  Here the Customers (Sellers & Buyers) are the driving force behind the success of eBay (not the Board or the CEO).

When the Board and the CEO get it ... things will get better, and:

eBay Will Be A Fun Place To Buy & Sell Again  rainbow

Message 48 of 56
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@greg5000 wrote:

• GTC Mandate
  • Managed Payments

It's a publicly traded company.  They have to state who the CEO is, when they make that decision.  Just like they said who was the acting CEO.

They don't have to state who they are "looking" at, as candidates for the CEO position (which is what @nuclearomen  wrote), but of course they have to state who the CEO is when they select one.

Message 49 of 56
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

They don't have to state who they are "looking" at, as candidates for the CEO position (which is what @nuclearomen  wrote), but of course they have to state who the CEO is when they select one.

exactly what I meant... publicly traded companies have to release names of those in potions like CEO, but they do not have to release names of those being considered for position.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 50 of 56
latest reply

Etsy pays out more than every couple of weeks---you can set your time frame for receiving payments.  I don't wait a couple of weeks, only a couple of days.

I set my payout time frame.  If you don't do that, you are at Etsy's mercy.  But in no may do I like managed payments. I would prefer to pay my bills as I used to do, and not have funds deducted and the remainder forwarded to me.

Message 51 of 56
latest reply

Your statement that ETSY pays out "EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS" is WRONG. I sell on Etsy and I get my funds NEXT BUSINESS DAY. You can opt to have your funds transferred the next day so your statement is false.

Message 52 of 56
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Your statement that ETSY pays out "EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS" is WRONG. I sell on Etsy and I get my funds NEXT BUSINESS DAY. You can opt to have your funds transferred the next day so your statement is false.

Yes, I was.  You are absolutely correct.  I was wrong, thank you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 53 of 56
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@equid0x wrote:

Just wait until the FTC steps in. 

For what specifically?

I think I've made my position on how eBay treats its sellers abundantly clear on these boards. 

Aside from treating sellers like employees, there is a whole lot of eBay not following their own policies, not following the law, aiding and abetting fraud, refusing to appropriately police its platform, overcharging customers, double dipping... the list goes on. 

Message 54 of 56
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

I hate the thought of having to participate in MP!!! The example you pointed out is because of the way you are listing and can be fixed by adding the 25 cent fee to your listings. As it is now, you would still be subject to $10 in fees if you sold the postcards to 40 different buyers. To some degree, PayPal has spoiled us a little. If it is the difference between making a profit or losing money, you need to fix it yourself.

I don't think PayPal has spoiled anyone. Up until now, their policies were more-or-less like other merchant account processors sans the monthly fees but with higher per transaction cost, obviously targeted at lower-volume operations. 

Message 55 of 56
latest reply

@somanypcs wrote:

The norm of managed payments on other sites is a transaction fee.  Also all credit card payment systems charge a transaction fee.  The item fee of $.25 (instead of a transaction fee) will put most high volume, low cost sellers out of business on eBay.  For instance, if someone buys 40 postcards from me in a combined sale I will have to pay $10 in item fees alone plus 2.7% beginning in October, an egregious increase in fees.  It tips my business from profitable to non-profitable.

No it is holding your money and not paying out until the item is delivered.  Some even make you wait until the buyer leaves positive feedback.

Message 56 of 56
latest reply