cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer skirted block, left malicious swearing feedback, ebay refused to remove.

This is a posting account to protect our privacy for obvious reasons including retaliation. We just got negative feedback from a 2nd acct, same address, the blocked acct asked me to unblock them twice, then used 2nd acct which only has 1 other feedback in 5 years that is a seller calling them a scammer.

We’ve sold 42k items here and our acct is 20 years old.

We blocked a buyer months ago when I told the buyer no politely, he insulted me and became very irrational.  They asked us if we would sell our item for the same price that someone elses auction that hadnt ended yet, would end at.  We dont do auctions. That makes zero sense for us. The buyer gets second chance without bidding and ours were in nicer new condition to. Basically he wanted a nicer one for the price of lesser one and expected to say yes.  This happened to be less than 50% of  what we sold them for recently.

We were told by ebay that when someone evades a block, to block that acct and that we could cancel using "problem w buyers address".  We did this. Everything was obvious, the address was the same, the feedback on that acct comment was calling them a scammer and it was a 5 year old acct with no other transactions. It sure looks like it was used to evade blocks.  

When I told the “buyer” no, politely I might add. He started calling me greedy and said “I didn’t think so. It’s all about money to you.” Immediately attacking my character. That person already has an issue with us. We are a business, most are about money, erm eBay. Were nota charity and were not selling anything anyone needs. No rent, no food, no bad insurance. Were selling essentially luxury nostalgia leisure goods.

This person was a problem in the past and I didn’t block them. They say very irrational things. When they leave negatives they scorched earth the seller with “LIAR” etc

When a buyer already has problems, I would rather block them and move on. It’s pretty much the only tool that has offered a tiny level of protection. Fast forward, He starts messaging me saying sell him the parts and I can block him after. Again not very rational behavior. He asks twice, I consider removing the items for sale but, that’s not fair to us and also you think eBay would protect us if he clearly goes around the block. We work everyday, all day. 7 days a week. That’s no exaggeration. We haven’t taken a vacation in 4 years of any sort because everything is getting worse and it’s obvious we will stop doing this at some point. Whether it’s the economy or the stress.

So they buy using another acct. Same address we’ve sold to before. This acct has one feedback, yet is 5 years old and the feedback is calling this buyer account a scammer. The feedback says on this 2nd acct says the guy "tried to leave negative feedback” meaning ebay removed it but allowed the act that seems to have only existed to go around blocks as it hasnt been not used again. SO this buyer was already reported in order to have that acct active.  There is a report and you wonder what happens when you report an acct. Nothing!

I canceled the listing choosing “problem with buyers address” which is the closest and what eBay told us to choose in the past. Last night as were going to sleep. We get a malicious feedback that calls us “GREEDY”, “complete **bleep**” “Horrible seller”. They fail to mention that they were blocked and even if we considered going through with the sale, the one feedback is calling them a scammer. We're tired, were trying to avoid getting scammed because its always like pulling teeth to get eBay to protect you. We’ve done over 40k(items)  with an average above $100 per item and the buyer skirting block, swearing- everyone knows what **bleep** means, straight up libel.

Because we take our business seriously and have glowing feedback I don’t sleep well. Im now into 2 hours of multiple calls to eBay, using the report last night and its kicks back telling me we can’t remove the feedback. I spoke to 2 cs people who one declines and the supervisor who says he put in for it to be looked at removal by Wednesday. Its Friday. We’ve had obvious stuff removed in the past and generally don’t call eBay anymore no matter how bad stuff gets because we just end up with anxiety and angry because they don’t protect us and they gaslight us, same thing that usually happens here aside from that one time an ebay rep removed someones name from our blocked list a the buyers request.  I reported it here, was told no that didnt happen. Search our comments, one of the ebay reps cam on and said it did and it shouldnt have happened. We dont lie. It’s gotten progressively worse. We sell enough that we used to have a rep, phone number to call and now we spend 10 minutes going through chatbot to be connected to people who agree but won’t/can’t do anything.

So now this buyer is emboldened by the fact that they can make malicious libelous statements and abuse sellers with impunity and ebay is allowing this obvious abuse.

It’s the worst most malicious feedback we’ve received in 40k+ transactions. A slam dunk for removal prior, blocked buyer, swearing(even if abbreviated), Abusive calling us greedy and saying they did nothing, the blocked buyer also proved that they were blocked by asking repeatedly to be unblocked. It’s like being put in front for bullet and told don’t move. Obviously not as bad but, the direction of the metaphor . It’s saying you can’t protect yourself if a buyer gives you every reason to block them and is so obvious that eBay now says maybe it will be removed in a week. This effects our business now. False libelous statements as well.

I’ll post our acc if I must so people can see how bad it is and how bad it looks. It’s always been like the horrible policy "broken windows phenomenon".  We got a negative in the past from a horrible buyer and another followed. It emboldens malicious people.  We giove great service and products but, were not a discounter so people get mad that they have top pay money for a rare out of production new item. We pay a lot for our items.

We can spend our energy making a great store and taking care of customers or fighting to be protected in obvious cases. The buyer is emboldened to do this to people if eBay takes no action for obvious malicious intent. We decided to cancel the sale vs possibly being scammed by an irrational buyer where we have negative feedback and some scam saying the part was broken or some such thing.

Ebay is not protecting sellers even though they tell you thanks for having act for 20 years when you call.

Im going to make a YouTube video and some other posts about this. This ruined my morning and evening. Were not asking you to fix the international shipping that won’t allow buyers to combine which has lost us multiple sales or spend hours explaining that we can’t combine any orders without canceling and making new listings which buyers say isn’t worth the time. Theyr'e international so try explaining something that you’ve always done for years that you no longer can do with language barrier.

Were asking them to remove feedback on a pretty spotless loyal acct from a malicious buyer who swears and insults in messages and feedback.

This makes me want to close our store as everything looks like a potential problem when not even the most basic and obviously necessary protections are available . We’ve paid $4,072.92 in fees just to eBay this month. And we can’t get a basic obvious protection or assurance that there are any in place.

Look at the banner at the top when you post, Ebay tells you this is a public forum not to post personal information. Were an actual business so if I post on our actual selling account, our personal info is connected, all of it, hence the posting acct.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Buyer skirted block, left malicious swearing feedback, ebay refused to remove.

IMHO there is a hell of a lot more to this story than what we have been given -

SWEARING in FB????? = Automatic removal, no questions asked.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 31 of 60
latest reply

Re: Buyer skirted block, left malicious swearing feedback, ebay refused to remove.

Trying to take your advice before ebay utah closes but i cant see anywhere to write message.  So i search it and threads come up on this forum saying go to the page, then shey stop replying.  I see no message button. 

I havent done fb in years and both ebay for biz and ebay for sellers are not offering a message us that i can see anywhere.  More time spent trying to contact people who clearly dont want us to contact them.

if you know what I mean, i would be appreciative of any direction. Everything thats supposed to be there isnt.

Message 32 of 60
latest reply

Apparently the buyer literally typed "bleep," not the actual swear word. 

Message 33 of 60
latest reply

Are you kidding? THAT was the issue?

So many more things to worry about LOL ...Tapping out now........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 34 of 60
latest reply

Right on the EFB group homepage, whether you're on a desktop or phone. 

0004E8BF-83F4-451A-AC06-67C5D8A38F08_1_201_a.jpegC4D65BE9-DF04-42F2-8327-81A4E98737BC_1_201_a.jpeg

Message 35 of 60
latest reply

@soccerteeth wrote:

Ebay has a toggle for whether you want to allow messages from blocked buyers. Sometimes a person needs blocked but you still communicate if you dont want them to buy other items until something is sorted out. 

We have this off so blocked buyers can communicate. We had a problem with this not working correctly in the past

Yeah, same here - I have always had that setting "off" as I prefer to allow communications even when someone is on my BBL. However eBay changed the way that setting works. It now applies only to buyers blocked by your exclusions; it does not apply to buyers on the BBL.

I've been raising the issue and trying to get eBay to change it back.

Read the details about the changes here @soccerteeth and please feel free to add on that discussion and tag the participating eBay reps 😁

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Changes-to-Buyer-Blocks/td-p/33977166

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 36 of 60
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@soccerteeth wrote:

Ebay has a toggle for whether you want to allow messages from blocked buyers. Sometimes a person needs blocked but you still communicate if you dont want them to buy other items until something is sorted out. 

We have this off so blocked buyers can communicate. We had a problem with this not working correctly in the past

Yeah, same here - I have always had that setting "off" as I prefer to allow communications even when someone is on my BBL. However eBay changed the way that setting works. It now applies only to buyers blocked by your exclusions; it does not apply to buyers on the BBL.

I've been raising the issue and trying to get eBay to change it back.

Read the details about the changes here @soccerteeth and please feel free to add on that discussion and tag the participating eBay reps 😁

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Changes-to-Buyer-Blocks/td-p/33977166

But if I understand right, the OP said this buyer WAS on their BBL, not just blocked via seller preference exclusions, and yet they were able to write to and harrass the OP.  

Message 37 of 60
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

But if I understand right, the OP said this buyer WAS on their BBL, not just blocked via seller preference exclusions, and yet they were able to write to and harrass the OP.  

Which is why I said I was confused by that happening. The only thing that makes sense to me is eBay reversed course on blocking messages?

Even a couple weeks ago blocked messages were still in play.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 38 of 60
latest reply

Well the OP didn't give any dates on when any of these events happened, but maybe your recent 'pass the word' requests to Blues here actually worked and we just didn't get an announcement about it.  Who knows! 

Message 39 of 60
latest reply

The buyer management page still indicates BBL = no messages

BBL-messages.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 40 of 60
latest reply

The best part about your comment was that you wrote **bleep** and it was bleeped out. The sentiment is there in the feedback and ebay is clearly acknowledging this on this forum by bleeping out 2 letters yet my business can stand with this all weekend.   I have contacted them via facebook after trying to with our business page and seeing no message button.  Apparently you can only contact ebays biz page with a personal which is weird since the fb bizpage has our ebay name.

They should not have been closed this early but, no one replied.  It says happy to help and "will be with you shortly 27 mins ago.". This is a company that ranks its sellers as the urinal by far.

Message 41 of 60
latest reply

Hmmmm.  Well, I would just assume the OP confused their own timeline about when they added the buyer to their BBL, but they said the buyer even wrote to ask to be removed FROM it, just to buy just one item, and then be blocked again (though I gotta say that's a pretty bizarre request, LOL). 

Message 42 of 60
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @gurlcat . I don't really have anything to add to what @wastingtime101 posted except to say I was talking about the change to the BBL messaging settings with someone in a Facebook group yesterday and they were still experiencing it at that time.

So if eBay has backtracked, it would have had to have been a very recent decision.

Message 43 of 60
latest reply

I think you should hire a publisher to publish this book you are writing. I think you are on chapter 8 already.

I am having a hard time keeping up with the problems you are having and I'm darn sure everyone else is also.

Message 44 of 60
latest reply

This is what happens, Misdirections . A few of you are havinga good time talking abou things that have nothing to do with this. First its best offer, now its how i received a message.  You are giving advice but dont know where this page is, the page I already mentioned where there is a literal toggle that says "dont allow blocked buyers to contact me" on or off. 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

We also never got an announcement that blocked buyers can do whatever5 they want and say things in feedback that ebay bleeps out here.  This should be a fun one for ecommercebytes. 

Making vague rules that are only enforced sometimes and a lack of clarity like in the ebay intl shipping and blocked buyers instyeance is very narcisisistic.  Its saying we want you to act a certain way but, we wont tell you what that is really and we wont uphold our end in protecting you when you do what we tell you or someone breaks the rules.   Is trying to have it all ways and its how narcisisistic parents abuse their children. Keeping it all vague so they can never be held accountable.. I can still find pages that say buyers are not allowed to purchase from you if they are on your blocked list. 

Ive sold millions of dollars in items here and spent close to a million as a buyer. Im not a big corporation but, were pretty much super users and ive bookmarked, screenshot, downloaded saved so much info becasue its hard to tell whether someone doesnt know whats happening or whether theyre just being irresponsible.

Message 45 of 60
latest reply