cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer didn't read the description

I am an artist and I sell artwork.I recently sold a graphite pencil drawing of a Chanel no 5 bottle. The picture I uploaded is of my artwork and the description clearly states it's artwork and the type of material used and of course dimension.The buyer receives the package and messages me that she didn't recieve what she had ordered.I assume she expected to receive a real bottle of Chanel???This has never happened to me.It's beyond weird.How can anybody be that confused?I expect she will want a refund.I don't accept returns because if the artwork is torn or stained it becomes useless.I am not sure how to handle this.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Buyer didn't read the description

I wish I could :))
Message 46 of 65
latest reply

I wonder if this buyer had any of their friends or family look at the listing complaining that they didn't get what was described.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 47 of 65
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 48 of 65
latest reply

Fight the good fight.  Has the buyer opened any type of case/return against you yet?

If not, I'd send this message... Dear Buyer, I understand that you were expecting a bottle of perfume, however, I clearly listed this in the art/art drawings category.  Which implies that this is a drawing and NOT the actual bottle of perfume.  I'm sorry that it is not what you expected, but unfortunately, at this point I do not accept returns on my items.  Thank you, Seller

You've stated that you know you listed the item correctly, and the mistake is NOT yours, and the ball is in their court.  They may choose to open a not as described case, but then I would take Tunics advice, and call customer service.  They CAN look into your account and see the emails, which it sounds like the buyer admitted they were expecting a bottle of perfume.  Hard for CS to even side with the buyer when your item was listed in the 'art/art drawings' category IMO.

Worst case, is they DO side with the buyer, and you end up having to accept it back.  But at least you know you did what is right, and you stood up for yourself when the mistake is NOT yours.

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

Haha! I LOVE AB FAB!

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

Also, your artwork is beautiful! But do edit your title for 'peas' to 'pears' Smiley Wink

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

@holm_adri wrote:

I am an artist and I sell artwork.I recently sold a graphite pencil drawing of a Chanel no 5 bottle. The picture I uploaded is of my artwork and the description clearly states it's artwork and the type of material used and of course dimension.The buyer receives the package and messages me that she didn't recieve what she had ordered.I assume she expected to receive a real bottle of Chanel???This has never happened to me.It's beyond weird.How can anybody be that confused?I expect she will want a refund.I don't accept returns because if the artwork is torn or stained it becomes useless.I am not sure how to handle this.

I'm just going to say this. Obviously she didn't read...but I'm thinking she just saw the drawing, and thought it was a stock photo. Yes, I think the drawing is that good.     

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

When the buyer refers to herself she uses the plural pronoun "we".So I assume she might have not been alone when she made the decision of buying the item.This is beyond my comprehension.It sounds more like it's playing a farse.
Message 53 of 65
latest reply

Thanks for advice!! I did call ebay with my concern and they told me it's clearly a case of "buyer's remorse".Problem solved!
Message 54 of 65
latest reply

LOL! Thanks!
Message 55 of 65
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

People please stop telling the OP she has to accept the return - she does not! This is a remorse return because the buyer didn't read. I just had a similar case closed in my favor last week and I accept returns - but I was not going to let them get away with opening an SNAD when the items were as described.

Ebay CS is becoming more seller friendly and when you have them look at the proof that the buyer indeed got exactly what was listed - they will close the case in the seller's favor.

Had I not just been through this - I may have given the same advice - but things have changed.

Obviously the buyer didn't even read the TITLE

Chanel No 5 classic perfume bottle,Original Pencil Drawing

or look at the picture, which is indeed a pencil drawing...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 56 of 65
latest reply

@holm_adri wrote:
Thanks for advice!! I did call ebay with my concern and they told me it's clearly a case of "buyer's remorse".Problem solved!

Till your gem goes to PayPal...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 57 of 65
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@holm_adri wrote:

Till your gem goes to PayPal...

Hopefully that won't happen!

Message 58 of 65
latest reply

This happens to me almost daily. People just don't read anything any more, and ebay will say it's your fault. Not really much you can do about the idiots that use ebay.

Message 59 of 65
latest reply

@jokabofe wrote:

This happens to me almost daily.

You need to change "something" FAST. Either your titles, your descriptions, or your pictures. There are not that many stupid people in the world for it to happen daily.

Message 60 of 65
latest reply