cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for shipping label when buyers pay shipping

My buyers are responsible for paying shipping. Today, I just happened to look at the payment.

Under WHAT THE BUYER PAID is the cost of the item, taxes, and shipping label. 

Under WHAT YOU EARNED is ORDER TOTAL (including all of what the buyer paid) minus SALES TAX, TRANSACTION AND SHIPPING FEES. 

Why am I paying shipping fees when the buyer paid them?? 

Am I missing something?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Being charged for shipping label when buyers pay shipping

deja vu

-----------------------------------------------------

I've been reviewing my Selling Costs and am left with numerous questions.  It shows I am paying for the mail shipping labels when my buyers are who pay the shipping costs.  

----------------------------------------------------

Shipping costs - The eBay Community

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Interestingly, the OP has not yet returned to clarify.  

I can't blame the OP for not returning to clarify when so many people on this thread are berating him or her, probably just for sake of making themselves feel superior.  There are a lot of ways that eBay makes many many things way more confusing than they ought to be.  If anyone should be getting berated for something that's not always clear to everyone, it should be eBay, not the OP.

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

I have a feeling that the OP already knows what has been repeated post after post after post (why do people have to dogpile on this forum?) - there's just some confusion about the reporting.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 33 of 53
latest reply

No need to be so indignant! 
I just haven’t been paying attention to this and was curious.  Sorry to bother you.

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

well, the buyer doesn't  pay for any of the seller's  ebay fees  except in  the price of the item. so, it makes more sense she's talking about the shipping fee the buyer pays. shipping  IS a fee to the  buyer.

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

I just haven’t been paying attention to this and was curious.  Sorry to bother you.

Since you have returned I was wondering if you could add some clarity since some of us are confused on what you are asking or saying. Are you talking about the actual shipping costs that the buyer pays you and the expenditure you have from having to purchase the label or are you talking about the fact that eBay applies the final value fees to the cost of the shipping label?

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

But her title says "Being charged for shipping label when buyer pays for shipping", not "being charged fee on shipping".

@soh.maryl:

That's why my reply was in two parts, separated by "HOWEVER". I tried to cover both possibilities, depending on what the OP meant by the wording. Hopefully the OP will come back and clarify.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

@legalnurseconsultant wrote:

LOL. That's funny. 

I don't know how long you have been selling, but a quick look shows you have sold multiple things for at least 6 months. When you sell here, you are under a contractual agreement with eBay. Fees are part of that. If your question was over fees, I find it hard to believe you just NOW noticed them. If your question was about what you are "paying" for a label, then I don't know what to tell you honestly. It's simple how labels and the payments work. 

You've been a member of eBay for a long time. I find it indignant that a person would not understand how this all works after using the platform for so many years. If you have questions, that's fine. Ask away. But if you want to whine/complain about it like it just started under some secret cloak, without you knowing anything about it, just give us a break. Sure, someone who has not sold in years, would find things different today. But you have been selling for over six months. 

It gets old when people want to pop in here just to complain about something that is common knowledge. I'm not a fan of many things eBay does, but I'm even less of a fan of posts that just want to complain for the sake of complaining. "Oh goodness! Why are we being charged fees on sales tax?! Why are we charged fees on shipping?!" . I mean, it's been going on for some time.  This is the way things work. Whining and complaining are not going to change it. Seems like the world is full of cry babies. If they spent as much time trying to fix things THEY can control, with as much time as they spend whining, then the world just MIGHT be a better place for them. 

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

@legalnurseconsultant wrote:

No need to be so defensive. 

If you realize that this was just a 'brain fart' and you just weren't thinking; it's all good.

If you realize what you said and it REALLY made no sense...it's all good. 

If you realize that you just DIDN'T understand something even though you've been doing this for 1000's of transactions for MANY years...it's all good.

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I have a feeling that the OP already knows what has been repeated post after post after post (why do people have to dogpile on this forum?) - there's just some confusion about the reporting.

I was just thinking that, I will maybe add to a post if some info is not there for an OP, but 20+ posts and over, pretty sure OP has got the message 😂😂 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 40 of 53
latest reply

For people saying it’s common sense or that it should be obvious: on certain selling platforms, the seller never sees the shipping money. The buyer pays for the item + shipping, item price goes to seller, shipping goes to the platform and the seller gets a prepaid shipping label. 

It’s perfectly reasonable that someone who sold elsewhere before selling on eBay might be confused about that part.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Simply tagging the OP and asking for clarification (seeing that the OP has been selling for a while) would have saved trouble.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 42 of 53
latest reply

@gone.c-33 wrote:

For people saying it’s common sense or that it should be obvious: on certain selling platforms, the seller never sees the shipping money. The buyer pays for the item + shipping, item price goes to seller, shipping goes to the platform and the seller gets a prepaid shipping label. 

It’s perfectly reasonable that someone who sold elsewhere before selling on eBay might be confused about that part.

That's true. But when you have a long time member who has used the platform for YEARS, that changes things. The OP isn't a new user. At this point there should be no confusion about any of how it works. 

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

It may not matter since it seems this OP seems to ask the same questions more than once, so they may not be reading/understanding the answers.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Shipping-costs/td-p/32142278

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

The buyer pays you a shipping cost and then you in turn use that money to buy the shipping label since a buyer can't buyer a label for themselves

Message 45 of 53
latest reply