cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticators at aren't consistent enough

I've sold thousands of shoes on ebay. The authenticity program applies to any shoes sold over $75 on the platform. I've had instances where I sent in a brand new pair of shoes and it gets sent back to me and the sale being canceled because the person checking the shoes deemed they been worn. I've also had a pair of shoes that i purchased from the Nike store and sold on ebay be authenticated at "may not be real" ebay needs to be more constant with this no only for sellers but for the buyers sake. Tired of have sales be canceled when i did everything right because you guys aren't constant.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Theres no 'you guys' here, just other members like yourself.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How many instances were 'wrong' vs 'right'?

Some of the authentication also views the listing; if the item is shown as NEW and it's not, back to you it goes. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I posted this too often probably.......but buying from the name brand store is not necessarily "proof" of authenticity.  Case not too long ago of a woman who bought stuff from a big time "purse" store, returned fakes and resold the originals.  The fakes ended up on the shelves to be resold.  Clerks weren't educated enough to know the difference.  I think she'd bought over $200,000 worth.  Who knows how often that happens.......

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am certain that the authenticators are told err on the side of caution to protect the buyer.

That is in the best interests of Ebay, the buyers, and Ebay sellers on the whole, but not any individual seller whose items are rejected,

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I got pinched by eBay with this.

Only thing they told me was unable to authenticate.

Sad, I had it checked by a local store with high credibility and also a popular app that people seem to think works well off reddit.

Anyways it is what it is.

I pulled the shoes and sold them all on other marketplaces.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply