cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claimed item was defective but it is not.

I do not accept returns, but a buyer claimed that an item was defective and Ebay required that I send them a return shipping label (which I had to pay for) to send it back. The buyer claimed that a DVD did not play on any of their players. I put the DVD into my player and it played fine. What are my options? Do I have to give them a refund? I already paid foe the return shipping. Do I LOSE money on selling an item that was working perfectly fine? I can't find anywhere to ask Ebay for help. This site is not very user friendly.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Buyer claimed item was defective but it is not.

no, it does not exist.

No returns, no acceptance of return. Follow the dots

Radine

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Where is your buyer located? DVD's are encrypted by zones (regions). US/ Canada is zone 1, etc. Your listing I checked didn't specify. This is vital when listing some items like DVD's. Maybe it didn't play in their machine, it is possible.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

@justafemster 

I'm not in the mood to argue. But any dispute that you lose and eBay has to stop in, which yes, includes chargebacks, but any dispute is subject to the $20 fee.

Not femster, but regular eBay disputes (INR, SNAD) do not incur the $20 penalty, only credit card chargeback do because that is a fee imposed by card processors when a chargeback is filed.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@r2unit wrote:

I can't find anywhere to ask Ebay for help.

As long as the case is open, you don't want to contact Ebay, if you do, they could refund the buyer and give you a defect for not handling the refund.

Refund the buyer and report them for abusing the MBG.

Have a great day
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@r2unit wrote:

So, basically, someone can buy a dvd or bluray from me, watch it and return it and I have to give them a refund and pay for the return shipping. 

Yes.

Have a great day
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Maybe they're not lying, if their player's firmware was not up to date it could cause the disk to not play.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

I thought you said you did not accept the return and that eBay required you to. I must have misunderstood. If you accepted the return, then eBay won't charge you the $20.

That is only in the case where a buyer fights a credit card chargeback.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

@justafemster 

I'm not in the mood to argue. But any dispute that you lose and eBay has to stop in, which yes, includes chargebacks, but any dispute is subject to the $20 fee.

Please post here a link to the eaby policy stating this.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

@justafemster 

Then don't argue. Just accept the fact that only CC chargebacks(payment disputes) are subject to the 20.00 fee.

yes - it sucks

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Ebay does NOT honor  sellers return policy.  Sellers have very little protection from dishonest customers.  I was forced to pay for return shipping as well as original shipping cost.  Customer was very dishonest with reason for return.     ebay is not a good place for small private sellers.      

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Yep!!! They just have to lie when checking off reason for return.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: