cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you being charged a fee for revising already listed items?

I noticed this over the week.  When I went to revise a listing, it would tell me that fees are $.10 - 10 cents.

I thought that is odd so I made 3 different revisions instead of doing all one for one listing.  Somethings I wanted to change from the way I listed originally.  Then I was able to escape the fee for revision --- especially if I had just listed the item and paid the 10 cents since I have already used up my free listing that come with our subscription.

Is that happening to any of you  --- e-bay charging fees to revise listing?  

It just happened again and I clicked without checking and sure enough it charged me 10cents.  

That seems like a rip off especially when sales are already down.   We are not so happy.  Yesterday e-bay came and told us to reduce prices so we can have sales on some items --- items already priced low that we are losing money.  So funny.  Why don't we just give it away?  So funny.

Is there a moderator around?  It happened to me for the following item on 3/18/18 around 1 pm pacific time:        Item ID: 382409085185  - Billabong Flowers and Stars distressed hoodie - was originally listed on 3/13/18 for 30 days so revision should be free -- should not cost me 10 cents.

Hello e-bay moderator - can you please check if we are being charged for revisions?  Is that something new with the spring update I missed?  Thanks

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Are you being charged a fee for revising already listed items?

I just revised 30+ listings (added a new store catagory) and was not charged for doing so.  I just check my account to make sure after reading your post and there were no charges.  You should probably call eBay to find out what's going on why you are being charged a fee for revising your listings.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Hello - Yes, I have a basic store and I was charged .20 cents to modify an item.  My wholesale price had gone up, and my postage calculations were off, so of course I would fix the price to make the sale profitable.    There are many new sellers and sellers increasing their listings because they are following the "drop shipping" model.  So, eBay will see more business, but it will become so crowded, I am wondering if it may even continue to be worth it.  Only the anchors and big sellers can afford to make profits like .50 or $1.00 because they have thousands of sales.  That is not the case with most of the faithful sellers on eBay.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

It is one of the new changes coming up in May, adding revision fees. It will be a big surprise for all of us,

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

@ladykathy100wrote:

It is one of the new changes coming up in May, adding revision fees. It will be a big surprise for all of us,

IS this a fact, or speculation? I have read nowhere of this.

I have been getting charged as well. I was told it was a glitch and you can call to have the fees credited. When I click on the fee to see what it is for, it says for "picture pack" which I don't think has been an ebay thing in many years (back when we had to pay per photo).

Not long ago I had an entire list of fees for a listing, things like a gallery photo fee, picture pack fee, and a slew of other outdated fees that tried to charge me 2.70 for one listing. I backed out and tried again later and was able to list it for free. 

I think as usual, ebay is having more issues. 

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Yes this happened to me this weekend too. I was revising a long-running item to lower the price and fix a spelling mistake in the listing. It tried to charge me 11 cents. Something is seriously going wrong with ebay sales. I've gone from 30 orders over the course of a weekend to one lone sale this morning. I think people aren't shopping on ebay anymore.
Message 6 of 50
latest reply

@downrightspecialkidswrote:

@ladykathy100wrote:

That individual has been posting false info all over the boards. She's discovered "secrets"; we'll all be 'surprised". All these secrets are allegedly in the Spring Update, but she ignores all requests for a link or even a quote.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@thatsallfolkswrote:

@downrightspecialkidswrote:

@ladykathy100wrote:

That individual has been posting false info all over the boards. She's discovered "secrets"; we'll all be 'surprised". All these secrets are allegedly in the Spring Update, but she ignores all requests for a link or even a quote.

Oh, of course! The "expert" with all the the secrets! Smiley Very Happy 

I have to go dig and find the secret page of the spring updates...Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

There is nothing in the Spring update about this & we all think it is a glitch
There is a post on the sellers board that is asking someone from the ebay community team to look into it.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Being-charged-a-fee-for-each-revision/m-p/28260752/highlight/f...

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

thanks for all replies guys.... i was slow --- did go check the fees listing.... i did not find one --- 

however, I am more than certain --- it showed a fee of 10 cents just like if i were to be listing for the first time.  in any case, i also believe it is a programming issue that is affecting other things.  

maybe something coming down the road and have not been told yet.  i did not read the full spring update but hopefully, we are not such fools -- e-bay will think of charging us for listing and again for 

revising a small error in the original listing.  

well --- all this fun programming or some other glitch have us --- very low sales --- one sunday and one monday and one buyer cancelled a saturday sale monday.   

cheers.   thanks again for all the reply --- sorry did not mean to alarm anyone... just checking...... 

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

Hello - Yes, I have a basic store and I was charged .20 cents to modify an item. It did happen several time. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it looks like a lot of sellers are having the same problem. 

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

yes, this is happening if you change the catagory or photo, ebay can't squeeze enough moeny form us small sellers you know.

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

really for sure.  I thought it has something to do with adjusting photos --- but i could not see it in my fee listing....  so i am not sure --- it is being accumulated somewhere else and we would be hit when it comes to paying time.  he..he.. i hope not.  let's pray not.  we have zero sales ---- i mean zero sales and double billing for a listing --- really?  come on, e-bay.  

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

I tried to lower the prices on some of my items recently and I was charged a listing fee,even though I was just lowering the price. I called e-bay and they said that I wasnt being charged,but its on my statement???/ Get real and stop ripping your sellers off ebay/.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply