eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

MC999 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Removed - Exceeded Selling Limits

Just got an email from eBay that says "We've noticed you've exceeded your monthly selling limits. Because of this, your most recently listed unsold items have been removed and all associated fees have been credited to your account. Selling limits are put in place to help you establish a positive selling history and provide excellent service to your customers."

eBay removed ALL our fixed priced listings that have been running for over a year that built up a great sales history.  I have never heard of any selling limits being imposed on us and have looked over our account numerous times and cannot find anything as such.

We have been a member for 12 years, have 99.9% positive feedback and perfect DSR's.  We have only had only 1 buyer protection case opened out of thousands of transactions (which we won).

I tried calling eBay and the current hold time is 271 minutes.  What is going on here?  I am beyond furious right now......

Please use plain text.
crispy23
Community Member

Re: MC999 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Removed - Exceeded Selling Limits

in reply to kem-123

The exact same thing happened to me. I am guessing(due to the customer service wait) that this happened to an awful lot of sellers. I sure hope they make it up somehow.

Please use plain text.
redbud_farm
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

check spam and messages in "my ebay"

selling limits on one account can apply to all selling accounts.

try calling early morning their time

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Please use plain text.
goldstandard-2008
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

Same thing just happen to me. 360 some listings just vanished. I got the same message from ebay. I called the wait time was 480 some minutes. Just spent 4 days relisting during the promotion. Now they are all gone. Never heard of selling limits.

Please use plain text.
crispy23
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

I have been selling on ebay since 1999 and never once heard of selling limits. And if I do have selling limits I am nowhere near them for this month. I sold at least 5 times this amount just a few months ago.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

Did you ever get through to Ebay as I have been on hold for almost 3 hours

Please use plain text.
crispy23
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

I was told a 260 second wait so I went ahead and put my number in the call back waitlist. We will see how long that takes(if ever)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

Just happened to me, too.  I have been selling since 2001, have 99.8% positive feedback and 5* dsrs.  Never had this happen before.  And, I can't find a single thing about "Monthly selling limits" in MyEbay.  Nowhere.  Not very happy.  Ebay seems to just keep making it worse.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

happened to me too and i called right away and got through. it was a system error! reponsible for many heart attacks, i would think!! all watchers are lost but you can relist through safari or a web browser... not on the phone app. i hope they make this up to us!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

Just got off the phone with Ebay.   They say they are aware of a "minor" problem with some sellers having their selling limits un-intentionally set to 0 and all items removed.   Dont try to relist because it will not work with a selling limit of zero.  They said the will call me back within 3 hours with a resolution to the problem.  I asked what triggered it being set to zero.......they have no clue.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

I received a message with the same code MC999 with listings removed. I have no selling limits. A link was provided by eBay to view my selling limits, however, there are no selling limits indicated. I've placed a call to eBay, but the wait time is 600 minutes. Now THAT'S what I call Customer Service!

Please use plain text.
goldstandard-2008
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

I lost 367 listings. I put a lot of work in my listings cause each of my items are unique. It took all my spare time for 4 days just to relist, researching prices for each item. If you talk about the time it took me to create the original listings for all those there is no telling how many hours I have invested. If they are gone for good I am going to be very upset. I am just hoping it is some kind of glitch that ebay will reverse.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

i was able to relist from a web browser. my listings lost their watchers and will now end at the same time which i don't like, but at least they are out there. this is so sad! this glitch is going to cause so many headaches for sellers. i hope they give us a credit or some kind. anything to help would be nice!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

Hi all,

I've just experienced the same issue about an hour ago. I got through to eBay chat, all the agent advised was to telephone them tomorrow. After a bit of time I got the same answer about it being a system issue and to try listing the items in 24 hours as it has not been resolved.

I agree I don't like all my items ending at the same time but it does let you relist them using 'sell similiar'. Annoying is not the word! Hopefully we received some sort of compensation but I doubt it! :-(

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

After 1 hour 47 mins on hold, eBay said they are aware of the glitch and are taking everyone's phone # so they can call you back when it's fixed.  They could not tell me how long it will take and they can not tell me if they are able to relaunch the affected listings or not, so we will see...

They did say that we will probably lose the watchers for the listings though so that really sucks since most of our listings have been running for over a year.

Also not sure about the conversion rate data the listings had (which affects search results), hopefully they are able to save that.....

This is crazy.....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

Makes me feel better that I am not the only one.  I would guess Ebay has a nightmare glitch going on. First time I called...."your wait will be 525 minutes"; second time, 630 minutes. I gave up and will wait for some resolution to appear. I have been selling since 1999....never heard of or had selling limits??!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

What is most confounding to me is that I cannot find anywhere on My eBay pages where these limits are supposed to be.   It isn't under any link I can find at all.   Anyone able to point at a sequence of clicks that would show me my seller limits?

Paul L.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

I called them within 5 minutes of the event occurring and got through after 10 minutes - they were already aware of the system error, and said it would be solved within an hour. Well, I don't live in the US, but am forced to list on the .com ebay site (due to my country not having ebay itself) and I've now had a full night and it's morning - everything is still wrong. No active listings and all in the unsold section. I have 326 listings and currently my business and livelihood is dead.....they had better solve it quickly.....and if I relist, I am sure it will relist the original quantities that I started with, not what I had left as of yesterday - so all be careful of that....!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

I just received the below email from eBay:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We're writing to let you know that as a result of a software issue on Wednesday, March 20, you may have mistakenly received a notice from eBay that you had exceeded a maximum number of allowed listings. As a result of this issue, some of your listings were ended and some may have been temporarily hidden from search results.

The software issue was fixed within a few hours. Hidden listings are now restored to view and we are in the process of relisting ended listings. This will not have any adverse impact on your standing in Best Match search, your seller feedback, or standards.

Please note that if you prefer to relist any of these items on your own—and you are free to do so—be sure to use the relist functionality rather than creating a new listing to avoid having a duplicate listing.

Our teams have been hard at work around the clock to rectify this quickly, prevent any reoccurrence, and ensure your uninterrupted selling. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

We also apologize if you experienced any delay in reaching our customer support. We will get back to you shortly with an update on the actions we're taking.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,

eBay Selling Team

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kem-123

All my listings that were removed have been relisted.  But they charged me insertion fees.  All of my listings were listed during the promotional period when fixed price listings were free.  Will eBay refund these fees?  Or do I have to contact them? 

Please use plain text.