Message 1 of 340
latest reply
339 REPLIES 339

Re: this new payout system SUCKS!!

My bank takes 3-4 days (pending) once Ebay's payment reaches it. Do the math~

Message 61 of 340
latest reply

Hi Eddy   Yes this really sucks!!!  I cant believe how greedy ebay is!!!!!   They now have the balls to onclude the shipping amount as part of their fees!!! Sold a heavy wool blanket for 32.00,,,shipping was was about 30...So approx $62 I was charged $8  meaning I only received $24 for this item....I believe we should all boycott them until they abolish this new system

Message 62 of 340
latest reply

@8pontoon11 wrote:

Hi Eddy   Yes this really sucks!!!  I cant believe how greedy ebay is!!!!!   They now have the balls to onclude the shipping amount as part of their fees!!!

They've been doing that for the past 10 years, i.e. they started right around the time you signed up for eBay.

How do long-time sellers not know this??? Do they never read anything?

Message 63 of 340
latest reply

Same here. I'm only an occasional seller on eBay. Lots of mentions in this thread of a 12.3% fee structure. Not sure how that scans with the item I sold yesterday. Total with shipping = $54.95. Payment (still in process) = $46.23. That is 15.87% eBay is keeping, (or, 17.1% if we deduct from the sale price of $51.00). I consider either number to be exorbitant.

I'm also not comfortable giving eBay direct access to my bank accounts. At least with PayPal, I could decide if & when funds transferred between them and my bank. At this point, I have very little information on how eBay and their partners are using that information. So yeah, I'm done. Deleted all remaining listings as of this morning & will only use eBay for the occasional purchase going forward.

What are the other options for selling that you have found?

Message 64 of 340
latest reply

@crystalmelsell732 wrote:

My bank takes 3-4 days (pending) once Ebay's payment reaches it. Do the math~

That's your bank. I get weekly payouts; eBay sends them on Tuesday and the money is in my bank account by Wednesday afternoon.

Message 65 of 340
latest reply

Ebay will crash and burn and it will be well deserved.

Message 66 of 340
latest reply

I have an old friend, a code writing engineer. Years ago he told me he developed code for major insurance companies and transfer of dollars (for claims) that sit in accounts just to gain interest. He said one reason claims can take days or weeks or months is because ones claim is in an account specifically to gain interest.

I moved to managed payments in January and all payments take days longer now vs PayPal days and it makes me wonder...

Message 67 of 340
latest reply

I second third and forth this new system sucks! Everything is messed up and out of rhythm for payment, shipping and deposits and WE are left holding the bag......

Message 68 of 340
latest reply

Folks -  This was all done on purpose to eliminate the middle man (YOU) the ebay seller ect.....  The big corps dont need Feebay anymore and dont want consumers selling on there taking corps business. Bottomline - They dont want consumers making money on resold products. Just look at Amazons model. They basically did away with home sellers or made there shipping times a joke so nobody would order from them and only use prime. Ebay is just doing the same thing a different way..........

Message 69 of 340
latest reply

Slowing draining you will fees and wait times. Paypal was too expensive for them.......Profitts and destruction of the middleman home seller. 

Message 70 of 340
latest reply

wwwsfaustinacom2
Adventurer

100% Agree.  3 days to get paid, use a crypto or something jeez.

Message 71 of 340
latest reply

This new payment "system" is terrible at best. You really screwed up forcing us to use your system when PayPal has worked so well for years. I have been selling for 15 years and have never been this frustrated. Yet another example of a total failure because you didn't think about how your users would be affected by your so called enhancement.

Message 72 of 340
latest reply

There's one in every crowd. 

Message 73 of 340
latest reply

that's funny, I just spoke to an agent who wasted my time, answering questions i didn't ask, only to transfer me 10 minutes into the call to the "payouts" department who couldn't explain why i had to "enroll" in managed payouts or whatever tf it's called, to see an itemized detail of those payouts for which i had already given my bank and routing number, and have been an ebay seller for over 20 years.  i finally got through to a supervisor after waiting a few hours, and he said he's not aware of any complaints about the roll out of this system.   

he further encouraged me to abandon ebay and try another auction site.  
if EBAY wants to find out who is actively encouraging sellers to bail on their platform, just listen to my last phone call.  this is roll out is an "unprofessional" sh*tshow, and ebay continues to outsource phone help to third world countries where English is a second language.  

Message 74 of 340
latest reply

Goodbye eBay. Stopping any further sales.  Amazon and Facebook are looking better by the minute.  Fix this payment fiasco or become an irrelevant has been.  eBay is the next mySpace.

Message 75 of 340
latest reply