this new payout system SUCKS!!

New eBay payout SUCKS!! 

Message 1 of 340
latest reply
339 REPLIES 339

Re: this new payout system SUCKS!!

Did you get a Choice?

FAQ’s:

Why is the way I’m getting paid on eBay changing?
We are updating the payments experience on eBay to enhance the buying and selling experience on the marketplace. We believe this is an opportunity to deliver a more seamless experience for both buyers and sellers, while offering a greater choice in payment and payout options.

Message 46 of 340
latest reply

I guess that's it for me and eBay. Why would I ever trust them with my banking info. Three entities have my banking info: Social Security, OPM and Department of Homeland Security. Of course DHS was negligent in securing personal info way back in 2003 so I now have a life time monitoring service on all my financial accounts. Even with that I still don't provide my banking info to anyone.

Any suggestions where to buy and sell now?

Message 47 of 340
latest reply

I flat out refuse to move this new setup for payments, I had a good run for many years and time to move on I guess.

Message 48 of 340
latest reply

@ecmp1 wrote:

I guess that's it for me and eBay. Why would I ever trust them with my banking info. Three entities have my banking info: Social Security, OPM and Department of Homeland Security. Of course DHS was negligent in securing personal info way back in 2003 so I now have a life time monitoring service on all my financial accounts. Even with that I still don't provide my banking info to anyone.

Any suggestions where to buy and sell now?

What about:

PayPal

Employer(s)

Credit monitoring agencies

Utilities

etc.

Message 49 of 340
latest reply

freds-boss
Adventurer

Bring back paypal with the fees, as this new payout system is garbage. The money owed to me by ebay always fails to deposit into my verified checking account. 

Message 50 of 340
latest reply

I just canceled all of my selling on eBay. The funds for a sale are still "processing", even though eBay has taken their increased cut already. No sign of when the money will actually transfer to my account. Probably 2-3 days after they finally process it. With PayPal, the money would be in my account as soon as it was sent. And who knows if eBay will stand behind the sellers/buyers the way PayPal does. I'm not optimistic.

I can't hold back on shipping the item, because I don't want it to reflect badly on my perfect rating. And I don't want to make an excuse to my buyer about eBay's idiotic new policies.

Plenty of other options out there now.

Message 51 of 340
latest reply

The longer ebay can hold your pay back the more they make on interest $$$. I quit selling a week ago

Message 52 of 340
latest reply

fowlerw
Adventurer

The longer ebay can hold your pay back the more they make on interest $$$. I quit selling a week ago

Message 53 of 340
latest reply

The longer e bay can hold your pay back the more they make on interest $$$. I quit selling a week ago

Message 54 of 340
latest reply

@fowlerw They don’t make interest on money being processed.

@crew23com  It’s usually 4-5 days total, depending on Your bank. You can pay shipping with your processing funds (option on your shipping label, bottom left). You can set your handling time to whatever you want and not receive a defect.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 55 of 340
latest reply

My recent transactions have been 'Processing' for 5 days

Message 56 of 340
latest reply

Horrendous! Why change from Pay Pal?

It was not broken!!!!

Message 57 of 340
latest reply

Listen, Im glad its working for you. However, people like me who are use to a seemless

transaction are in shock at how archaic this is.

Not so easy to just move on when Ebay has been a real good platform to move products.

Message 58 of 340
latest reply

I have been looking for years. Ebay is gauging us now with fees.

Plus new payout system is just horrible.

Message 59 of 340
latest reply

I have stopped listing as many auctions. Slowly ripping the band-aid off 😉 I'm out!

Message 60 of 340
latest reply