cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert from Managed Payments to Bank account back to PayPal?

After reading more information on Managed Payments I don't think that I'd like to use that instead of paying out to PayPal. I signed up for the service and skipped the add bank account step just to read more on the service and I received an email saying it will payout to my bank instead of my Paypal now... ? Any way to revert back to being paid out to Paypal?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@le4362 wrote:

After reading more information on Managed Payments I don't think that I'd like to use that instead of paying out to PayPal. I signed up for the service and skipped the add bank account step just to read more on the service and I received an email saying it will payout to my bank instead of my Paypal now... ? Any way to revert back to being paid out to Paypal?

No there is not. Payments are now being managed by eBay themselves and not PayPal. This has been transitioning for quite some time now. Eventually all sellers will be moved over. If you don't accept managed payments you will not be able to sell using this platform. Best of luck to you.... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Nope.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@le4362 wrote:

No there is not. Payments are now being managed by eBay themselves and not PayPal. This has been transitioning for quite some time now. Eventually all sellers will be moved over. If you don't accept managed payments you will not be able to sell using this platform. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your response... I guess I'll either start a new account for the meantime or just link it after all.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

they took away the ability to pay for labels with your paid funds? what the hell is wrong with ebay? 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Total **bleep**.  After 21 years and 100% perfect feedback as a seller I have to deal with this? The bank account say's all anyone need's to know. I'm done. Back to the flea market where I actually make more anyways.  No bank info, no PERSONAL info,  no Paypal, no wasted time. Bye.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@photomaker1 wrote:

they took away the ability to pay for labels with your paid funds? what the hell is wrong with ebay? 

You can still use the pending funds to pay for the shipping.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

100% agree with you. This is total **bleep**. I don't want anymore businesses with access to my bank account information--especially with all the breaches going on lately. And why should it matter to eBay if we agree to let PayPal take fees out for the processing. Once my listings are done, I am not selling on this platform anymore. It's not like there aren't other market exchanges to use, unlike when I first started selling.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I actually like MP.  I set all my eBay accounts to weekly payouts and every Wednesday, like clockwork, I get a big chunk o cash deposited into my checking account created just for that purpose.  Then I transfer most of it to other accounts to which eBay has no access.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This is awful. eBay has been holding onto 1500 dollars of mine for the past few days and I can't ship 4 packages out on time because I'll overdraft if I do. What on Earth takes eBay so long to give me my money? And why do I have to buy labels through my bank account instead of just taking the shipping costs out of the money that eBay owes me? This website makes selling more of a hassle every year.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@stunner4u316 wrote:

This is awful. eBay has been holding onto 1500 dollars of mine for the past few days and I can't ship 4 packages out on time because I'll overdraft if I do. What on Earth takes eBay so long to give me my money? And why do I have to buy labels through my bank account instead of just taking the shipping costs out of the money that eBay owes me? This website makes selling more of a hassle every year.

Why aren't you using the pending funds to cover the shipping?

Have a great day
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply