cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Transfer" charge on my seller statement

I noticed eBay deducted $2.60 from my bank account and I'm trying to figure out why.  I looked on my Seller Statement/Summary and all it says is "Transfer."    I don't know what this means and I can't figure out where else to look to figure it out.   My buyers pay for shipping and my seller fees and shipping costs are deducted before I get my payout so I shouldn't / don't owe any money there.  I did miscalculate shipping on one item but I got a refund of a couple dollars (less than the $2.60) for paying too much shipping, not charged more for too little.   Anyone have any idea what this "Transfer" is that I'm being charged $2.60 for?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Transfer" charge on my seller statement

I see this on my account quite often. Usually happens after eBay pays me and some shipping label charges come in and there is not enough money left to cover.

Look at your most recent transactions under payments. The last transaction or two should tell the story.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Somehow you were short? Without more info, a detailed list of sales, shipping costs collected, shipping costs paid, sales tax paid, deposits made; it's really impossible to give you any real answers. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Going on a limb....but "buy it now or best offer"...I think that cost .10 to list.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No, it doesn't... until you surpass 250 listings, which clearly this seller has not.

But!... it DOES cost .10c to 'list in a 2nd category'? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Can't imagine I'm short.  As I say, the cost of the item and shipping the buyer pays covers my fees and shipping.  In fact, I come out ahead by a dollar or two on postage for each sale because I purchase my shipping labels through eBay.   I even checked my eBay message inbox, hoping there would be an email explaining what the $2.60 transfer fee was for but there was nothing.  I'm certainly not going to miss any meals by this $2.60 charge but it doesn't sit right with me that eBay can deduct money from my bank account without providing a better explanation than simply the word, "Transfer."  $2.60 today.  $260.00 tomorrow?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm not listing in a second category (to my knowledge).  I only sell a few nice, barely used items from my own personal closet/home maybe once or twice a year. 

Any suggestions on how I would contact someone at eBay to get an explanation? 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I see this on my account quite often. Usually happens after eBay pays me and some shipping label charges come in and there is not enough money left to cover.

Look at your most recent transactions under payments. The last transaction or two should tell the story.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Okay!  I guess that's it.    I got a payout on 5/31.  But I also bought a $4.50 shipping label on the same day -- apparently after the payout -- so it appears my funds were short for the shipping label purchase.  Sheeesh!  How confusing.  The moral of the story here is don't buy shipping labels on your payout day!  LOL.

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I'm trying to figure this out. Everyone it is on there and on every single thing I sold. 

Edit- I see the answer below. Thanks

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply