cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Didn't Go Through But 3 Pending Transactions Were Made And Maintained For 10 Days Now

Hello, everyone.

I would like to share an issue I have been facing and I am looking for a solution to the issue.

Around 10 days ago, I tried to purchase one item, but the payment didn't go through because the shipping address and billing address I wrote down were different. Nevertheless, I kept trying to pay a few times and the payment still didn't go through in the end.

I found out that 3 pending transactions for the same item were made on my debit card. I immediately contacted eBay customer service and they suggested that I visit the bank to ask to cancel the pending transactions. The next morning, hence, I visited the bank, but the bank couldn't cancel the pending transactions because the bank doesn't have a pre-authorisation release confirming the merchant has no intention to debit the restricted funds.

After I got this info, I asked the seller if he received 3 pending transactions from me, but he said there is no. Then, I contacted eBay customer service again, but they still told me to ask the bank. In fact, both the bank and eBay customer service are not able to solve this issue. The pending transactions are still on hold for 10 days. How can I solve the issue?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Payment Didn't Go Through But 3 Pending Transactions Were Made And Maintained For 10 Days Now

johnny_kud
Enthusiast

Hi. I've also just had this issue. Did it get cancelled/returned to you in 10 days? Thanks

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am currently faced with the same issue- was your money ever returned back to you? 

For me even the pending amount sitting on my account isn’t the proper price if an item that eBay said the payment didn’t go through.. which is very weird

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

has this problem been resolved? i am currently experiencing the same problem

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply