cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my payout "declined?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we moved over to managed payments, we haven't had any problems getting the money paid to the checking account. Yes, it takes too long, but the money has arrived. Until today.

Today, it declined a payout. There is nothing on the Payments pages explaining WHY the payout was declined. Since all the other payouts have gone through, what's different about this one? There's been no e-mail explaining what's going on, no note on the ebay page of an issue with any of the payments, nothing. I've scoured the Community Board, but I'm not finding any answers as to why payouts are declined. 

Does anyone have the answer or know where I can find the information?

Message 1 of 162
latest reply
161 REPLIES 161

Re: Why is my payout "declined?"

Same issue here. Have never had trouble with payments through MP until today...saying our payout was declined. Bank says no record of an attempt. Ugh.

Message 121 of 162
latest reply

Same thing happened to me today. Been selling on eBay for about 20 years. This managed  payment stinks. I have not changed anything with my bank account so there’s no reason why I would get an email from a eBay and say it was declined.

Message 122 of 162
latest reply

Same here on my end...have had ebay managed payments since August and never an issue. Got the same error message 3 hours after they attempted a payout (I get them daily).

Message 123 of 162
latest reply

I called my bank as well, because eBay said to. It would have been much more effective if they just said, "it's our fault, not yours". There was a long Covid style wait to speak with the bank who knew nothing, of course. I am sure they will figure it out, but Ewww!

Message 124 of 162
latest reply

As of about 10 minutes ago my payout details now show "processing" instead of the "declined" message it showed this morning. It seems they're working on it.

Message 125 of 162
latest reply

yes, eBay makes it look like it is a problem with your Bank , gets you all panicked, thinking someone hacked your Bank account only to find out that eBay ( acting as a Bank) has problems with their system but is unwilling to tell you this and blames your Bank for the problem. eBay should never have been allowed to hijack the financial end of their transactions. 

Message 126 of 162
latest reply

I m getting the same message too , but not sure if anyone else saw this, but on my end I get a message :

"Some sellers may notice a delay with payments being available in their eBay account. We're looking into the issue and will have it fixed soon. "

It has a yellow background , so hopefully this gets fixed soon. 

Message 127 of 162
latest reply

I'm getting the same thing.  They are either having a huge problem, or they figured out we are all republicans(LOL) or they decided that if they hold our money for a couple days they will make 127 million dollars in interest to bring them out of the red before the year end? 

Message 128 of 162
latest reply

just checked my account and it now says “processing preparing to send” as opposed to “declined”

real shame we couldn’t get some sort of notification from ebay accepting responsibility instead of blaming our banks and giving some of us a panic attack 

and the answer (some sort of glitch) was only figured out by the sheer volume of responses this thread got today 

real shame 

Message 129 of 162
latest reply

Just want to echo I am having the same problem today too. Must be a problem on Ebay end - received a payout earlier in the week and this morning woke up to the email saying "there's a problem contact your bank". Nothing has been changed, USAA cannot see anything on their end. I made a note to wait until Friday morning to see if this resolves...

Message 130 of 162
latest reply

Hi everyone - there was an announcement just made about this issue, you can review it here

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 131 of 162
latest reply

Mine was 5:45 am PT. They had sent an email an hour before that one saying - your payout is on its way

Message 132 of 162
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. I printed out a label to ship an item out today.  Would you still ship an item out? Kinda scared because did not get a large payment from my other items.

Message 133 of 162
latest reply

Alas, I think we'd still get dinged by eBay if we don't send out our items within the time period specified in our listings.

Message 134 of 162
latest reply

"Did you have an option to opt out?"
No, its join MP or not be able to create new listings or edit existing ones. My cutoff was July 15, and we closed our store and removed most listings. There are a few left up running on GTC, I left them up more-or-less as an experiment to see what would happen. Surprisingly we still sell a few each month and it still goes through PP. I expect that these listings will disappear  in the near future, and at that time we will move on to greener pastures.

YMMV.

Message 135 of 162
latest reply