cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my payout "declined?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we moved over to managed payments, we haven't had any problems getting the money paid to the checking account. Yes, it takes too long, but the money has arrived. Until today.

Today, it declined a payout. There is nothing on the Payments pages explaining WHY the payout was declined. Since all the other payouts have gone through, what's different about this one? There's been no e-mail explaining what's going on, no note on the ebay page of an issue with any of the payments, nothing. I've scoured the Community Board, but I'm not finding any answers as to why payouts are declined. 

Does anyone have the answer or know where I can find the information?

Message 1 of 162
latest reply
161 REPLIES 161

Re: Why is my payout "declined?"

Yeah, seamless since August and now this. Happening to many people, so that is somewhat of a twisted relief. If you've read any of my recent posts, I've felt something coming for several days now because of the flood of people coming in here saying they were opted in before even registering for MP and had no idea what was going on. Nothing has seemed "right" recently. Now this. Sigh...

Message 46 of 162
latest reply

I also received the email saying "Your payout didn't go through". Is eBay system down?

https://www.ebay.com/sts

Message 47 of 162
latest reply

I am having the same issue with today's payout Wednesday 12/02 2020. I called my bank and they have no record of an attempted deposit to my account. No way to contact ebay because the system is down. I'm sure it's just a glitch on ebay's end.

Broke!Broke!

Message 48 of 162
latest reply

One has to believe the whole MP system might be down. There's already hundreds who have come in here just this morning with the same problem, so there's no telling how many are affected.

Message 49 of 162
latest reply

Same problem here. I got my payout yesterday no problem. Today, (12/2/2020) the payout was declined. called my bank and they said they've got multiple calls from ebay sellers but the issue is not on the banks part. It's from ebay. And eBay's customer service is completely down. 

Message 50 of 162
latest reply

Same problem here too folks. Get it together ebay. It seems you have NO trouble collecting our money....

Message 51 of 162
latest reply

Ended up here after researching and not being able to contact eBay support or customer service. My payout was also declined this today despite having several successful payouts and no changes to my account info. Contacted my bank their system shows eBay never attempted to make a deposit so it wasn't on their end. How are we supposed to contact eBay to get this fixed?

Message 52 of 162
latest reply

Same thing happened with me today.  I called my bank they said it’s not on their end. The account number is correct since I received payments yesterday.   It must be something on Ebays end.  

Message 53 of 162
latest reply

i am an employee who does eBay for a business and got this message this morning i am glad i found this post before bothering to contact my boss and have him look into this through the bank since so many others are having this issue i would say its a safe bet that eBay has dropped the ball yet again  for the love of god please allow us to return to paypal for all of our transactions it is clear that eBay cannot be trusted with our money as its been an ongoing issue since managed payments has rolled out

Message 54 of 162
latest reply

newchicagolady
Adventurer

Had the same problem I really dislike managed payments. I got paid right away with PayPal now I wait sometimes 5 days. Unacceptable!

Message 55 of 162
latest reply

Same problem here. eBay getting us to drop PayPal is ridiculous.

Message 56 of 162
latest reply

my payout was at 3:39 AM

Can you share your payout time that was declined? maybe we could at least figure out the time frame that payout system was down

Message 57 of 162
latest reply

Same problem here. I liked how Paypal would also message me saying payment received and I knew where my money is.   You shouldn't fix something that wasn't broken.  I miss my Paypal.

Message 58 of 162
latest reply

Guys, I think the whole Payments section is down. I think this is a straight glitch that they are trying to figure out. I got the same "Payment declined"/"Payment didn't go through" email. Something is definitely wrong with eBay right now.

The orders and listing sections in the seller's hub operates fine, and you can still print labels and ship your orders, but the Payments section is definitely down.

Of course, it doesn't help that we are all slamming the button repeatedly to see our payments and money we work so hard for, but I think we might have to be patient while they sort this out. They actually owe me over $500 dollars this morning. I do daily payouts. I consider myself fortunate because I had a $2000 payment that was sent just the day before, that went through. I know some people were waiting on their payouts and it didn't come through.

So we just need to wait to see if this gets fixed today. Hopefully...

I have been chatting a lot with eBay managed payments reps, and they tell me often that the system is still very much not finalized and they are still working on it. They said that hopefully by next year, they will have a better working system. As for now, well, let's pray we can continue to get our payments in a timely manner.

Message 59 of 162
latest reply

Same here, I work for a company and we will be looking for another avenue to start selling on.

Message 60 of 162
latest reply