cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Else Hates the New Way Sellers Get Paid?

Hi All,

I normally go with the flow, but I am so upset with eBay's new way of paying sellers that I can't contain it.

I've been selling on eBay for 20 years and never had a complaint.  I go Way out of my way to make sure that my buyers are completely happy.  I communicate with them through the entire sales process, and I even make myself available for free support after the sale, including teaching them how to use the item I sold them.

Up until now, the first sale that I've made since the payout change, I've been happy with the service eBay provides, even if the fees they charge seem a bit exorbitant.  However, I now feel that eBay isn't satisfied with  Huge wealth alone, and are starting down the path of dictatorship.

My needs are simple;  I don't want to get ripped off by a purchaser, and I want my money as soon as I sell my item.

I used PayPal exclusively and I received my funds instantly once the buyer made payment.  I think that is the least that a seller deserves, especially with all the effort I put into a sale, and All of the heavy Fees that eBay charges.

I read the policy, and spoke with a representative, and everything confirms that if you are a seller, eBay doesn't care about your financial needs, or your customer experience.

I'm clearly upset, but did I get something wrong?

Are we not paying enough feeds to eBay to demand some respect and convenience?

I do quite a bit of purchasing on eBay as well, but it's the sellers that are paying all of the fees, and it looks like the sellers are stuck holding the bag.

I'm interested in finding people that agree with me (naturally) because I want to start a petition that I will submit to eBay Corporate once I have enough names.

Maybe I got this wrong, it's possible, but holding our money for 30 days sounds like a really good business option for eBay, but a really bad one for us.

what say you?

Thanks...  Anthony

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Who Else Hates the New Way Sellers Get Paid?

I'm not aware of ever registering for MP, and now I'm not sure I even know what it is??

Like I said, I've always, happily used PayPal.

I get what you're saying about it not being an MP issue...  Thanks!

Message 46 of 75
latest reply

@am-iti wrote:

I'm not aware of ever registering for MP, and now I'm not sure I even know what it is??

Like I said, I've always, happily used PayPal.

I get what you're saying about it not being an MP issue...  Thanks!

Registering for MP requires you giving Ebay your bank routing number, bank account number and your SSN.

The following links are very informative and easy to read. Lots of great information in these articles that contain information you should be aware of. After you read them you will likely have questions. Come on back and ask whatever you need to.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/How-does-the-updated-eBay-payments-experience-work-...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-f...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Infographic-How-payouts-work-when-eBay-manages-paym...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Changes-to-the-eBay-invoicing-process/ba-p/32004201

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Know-your-options-to-pay-eBay-fees-and-selling-costs...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 47 of 75
latest reply

After confirming the amount that was posted in my bank account where am I supposed to return to enter the amount posted on my bank account? Am supposed click on the red banner and enter the amounts there again? I spoke to a CSR and was told that if I did that than I'd have to start over? The entire process is NOT very clear to me.

Instructions should be clearly stated.

Message 48 of 75
latest reply

Thank You My Friend!

Message 49 of 75
latest reply

@joeydj4u wrote:

After confirming the amount that was posted in my bank account where am I supposed to return to enter the amount posted on my bank account? Am supposed click on the red banner and enter the amounts there again? I spoke to a CSR and was told that if I did that than I'd have to start over? The entire process is NOT very clear to me.

Instructions should be clearly stated.

You said in an earlier post that you had already confirmed the micro deposits.  So either you have or you haven't.  If the red banner is still appearing on your Seller hub regarding your need to confirm the micro deposits, it is likely you may not have confirmed them.  So follow the instructions and link on the red banner.

I have no idea what that CSR was speaking to.  They may have misunderstood what you were trying to communicate to them, just as we have had a little confusion in communicating to each other on this thread.

I haven't seen too many people complaining about the instructions on this specific matter, others yes, but not this one.  But anything is possible.

You need to respond to that red banner.

Message 50 of 75
latest reply

@am-iti wrote:

Thank You My Friend!

You are very welcome.  I wish you NOTHING but the very best in wherever you decide to sell.

Message 51 of 75
latest reply

Yes, it is great to hear. These boards are full of Debbie Downer's and Negative Nancy's. When in reality, MOST people are happy with ebay. I have had a record sales year this year, and we are still going!! WOOO WOOO!! 

Message 52 of 75
latest reply

I am a buyer and it is impossible to pay for the purchases, EBAY is blocking the payments from different

cards that I had provided. I called my bank for three days straight the Bank is tired of unblocking my 

cards due to the constant Ebay Blocking the transaction, which sends the bank an electronic warning

and the bank then places hard blocks on the cards.

I have reached out to EBAY for days and no reply as of yet. In the meantime, the sellers are waiting 

on us to finalize our purchase.    This is a mess this year!!!!!!

Message 53 of 75
latest reply

@bdmingz wrote:

I am a buyer and it is impossible to pay for the purchases, EBAY is blocking the payments from different

cards that I had provided. I called my bank for three days straight the Bank is tired of unblocking my 

cards due to the constant Ebay Blocking the transaction, which sends the bank an electronic warning

and the bank then places hard blocks on the cards.

I have reached out to EBAY for days and no reply as of yet. In the meantime, the sellers are waiting 

on us to finalize our purchase.    This is a mess this year!!!!!!

@bdmingz 

Now that has got to be beyond frustrating.  IDK not how or why that would be happening to you if there isn't anything wrong with your Credit card.  I personally purchased a couple items just yesterday using my CC.

I would suggest you reach out to Ebay for Business on Facebook and see if you can figure out what it going on.  And if you do get it figured out PLEASE COME BACK and share what you find out.  I'm confident that many of us would be very interested in knowing.  No matter who's fault it is.  Finding out what the problem is far more important.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

Message 54 of 75
latest reply

Despise the new payment arrangements!  I'm a long-time seller and buyer here.  I do not want my payouts to go to my bank!  I have a joint account there and would rather have my payments sent to myself only!  I sell because I am disabled, I enjoy it and it gives me some extra spending money.  However, I sell mainly because I need a quick sell and quick cash!  As for holding my payment for 3-5 days makes eBay is useless to me anymore.  I'm researching other sites but seems the only downfall is eBay gets more traffic and most are holding funds until the buyer gets the item in hand.  I have found a few that will deposit your funds to Paypal or Affirm which is a plus for me!  I think eBay is only hurting themselves as it's driving many sellers away.  

Cyndi Jackson
Message 55 of 75
latest reply

@babyjcyn wrote:

Despise the new payment arrangements!  I'm a long-time seller and buyer here.  I do not want my payouts to go to my bank!  I have a joint account there and would rather have my payments sent to myself only!  I sell because I am disabled, I enjoy it and it gives me some extra spending money.  However, I sell mainly because I need a quick sell and quick cash!  As for holding my payment for 3-5 days makes eBay is useless to me anymore.  I'm researching other sites but seems the only downfall is eBay gets more traffic and most are holding funds until the buyer gets the item in hand.  I have found a few that will deposit your funds to Paypal or Affirm which is a plus for me!  I think eBay is only hurting themselves as it's driving many sellers away.  

If you want to continue to sell on Ebay, you do not have a choice.  The money will have to go to your bank checking account.  There are not alternatives for sellers on Ebay.

Open your own checking account then if you don't want it to go to your joint account.  It is not a complicated process.

What you are finding because you are actually doing the homework is what others will find.  ALL similar sites to Ebay ALL have money processing programs very similar to MP.  Smaller sites do offer more flexibility in the money processing options, but they are smaller sites and likely you will not have the sales you once had here.

That is all stuff you have to consider when making this decision.  Consider opening your own bank checking account and staying on Ebay.  I hope whatever you decide works well for you.

Message 56 of 75
latest reply

I have read many, many of your comments and you respond to people as if you are the emperor of Ebay. What is your deal? People are coming to these forums to get help, not your opinionated non sense. Maybe you should focus on your beads and blankets and not stirring the pot. 

Message 57 of 75
latest reply

@copy-paper wrote:

I have read many, many of your comments and you respond to people as if you are the emperor of Ebay. What is your deal? People are coming to these forums to get help, not your opinionated non sense. Maybe you should focus on your beads and blankets and not stirring the pot. 

NOPE.  I answer questions I feel I can or can offer some additional information that I think they can use.  Typically some people come here seeking help.  I find it interesting that when someone actually offers some of these posters with help, posters like you voice concerns for some reason.

I've been around these boards a long time.  Over the years I've learned a lot of things.  And I continue to learn each say I'm here.  You trying to throw shade at me because you disagree with me or simply don't like it that I actually can extend some helpful information from time to time.

Either way, you are always free to ignore my posts.  In fact I would encourage that.

Message 58 of 75
latest reply

LOL - just another seagull...........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 59 of 75
latest reply

I agree I've been selling successfully for almost six years on eBay with little to no problems until they let go of Paypal I realized this wasn't in our best

interests as sellers it was to benefit eBay the multi-million dollar company that we  sellers make possible I recently had a hospital stay I was sick very sick I get paid from eBay on a daily basis as I sell numerous items daily sometimes it might be as little as 20 something dollars a day sometimes it might be as much as hundreds of dollars a day but regardless there is always money coming into my bank account daily when I got out of the hospital I had a few items that we're going to be late I contacted eBay told them the situation they told me to contact my Sellers and tell them exactly what my situation was so I didn't realize at the time but I sent the message to some buyers that had already received their items tracking proved it I had no disputes no problems anything I went into the hospital on January 10th this year I got out January 15th well then I started to notice that I was getting disputes within a couple days I realized it was coming from buyers that  already received their items I made a mistake I sent messages to people that I already delivered one was Dec 27 other was Dec 30 is when I sent their items out as I said earlier the tracking proves everything and there was never any dispute at the time just as I put the message out couple of the buyers put disputes up the same day I sent the message to them saying that their credit card wasn't authorized for the transaction something I never heard before but this just so happened it came from two separate people saying the same exact excuse I figured well tracking shows it's been delivered eBay can see that clearly should be a no-brainer well let's just say these items were some my expensivest items that I sell but given eBay the benefit of the doubt I was still getting orders and the orders that were a couple days late I wanted to make up to the people so I threw in a couple extra items sports cards to be exact to make up for the delay most of them were very understanding and I continued to sell items 4 several weeks without receiving any payment at all I was contacting eBay on a daily basis to here the same thing basically telling me that I am right and they will make it so I get refunded and to find out the next day just the opposite  happened I see nothing called again heard the same thing this went on for two weeks before I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired remember now I just got out of the hospital so I'm still feeling very ill but contacting eBay the day I got out to try to take care of what used to be a passion of mine and now has become a financial burden stressful time consuming family issues anyways to get to my point it is February 12 it is been almost a month and the items are still on hold I told eBay I'm not going to send any more items out without getting paid and put my store on hold everything I had sent out since I got out of the hospital which has been several hundred dollars  worth of merchandise besides the people that I accidentally contacted telling them I was sick and I was sorry and I will  send their items out very soon which I already did like I said said they are acting as if all of the items I have sent out and they have kept my money is gone acting as if nothing happened with no explanation of any sort I am very confused and very frustrated and lost I don't understand how they can hold onto several hundred dollars just in two transactions that people clearly lied about saying they didn't authorize their credit card for their items several weeks after tracking shows they received it it never even tried to contact me about any issue which I would have gladly returned it and gave a full refund but eBay is doing nothing it IS still says  the same thing being rebutted it said this when this all started I figured they I see nothing about were or what is being done with the money of all the items I sent then doesn't  even say it's on hold it's just shows they were. All delivered but nothing  about my money nothing has been deposited to me since Jan 12 and I have shipped alot should of been a good month for me don't understand how they can get by with this but I don't know what to do other than calling the Better Business Bureau does anyone have any advice that could be helpful here it's not like they just can't look at the messages and see these buyers made the complaint the day I messaged them saying I had been sick. And they can see that the items have been delivered and received through tracking they know for all the other items that I've sent since I got out of the hospital there is been no payouts coming my way yet shows I sent a lot of items out  every time I called there I got to explain my story all over again because supposedly they're all working at home and don't have contact with each other it seems like there's no one in charge and they do not care about the sellers if it hasn't happened to you and this sounds and is outrageous if you are a seller n careful they do not care or have the respect to do anyting I do not believe it's the employees fault I think they are doing what they can do from their home being hired with no experience they have no one to get ahold of to relay this information I understand their not trained and can't or know how to take care of issues and where are all of the leaders somebody that can take care of this situation this is ridiculous I have showed this too many people that thankfully have explained it to a seller who told me put my store on hold which is ridiculous I have over 400 items listed usually at a time and every time something sells I list I list another I have so much merchandise that not only  am not making money they are not making money off of me they do not realize I have been paying late fees I have bills that are not getting paid it started as a passion and became not only a passion but away of making money and paying bills it is something I depend on I don't care if it's $10 or $1,000 it is also the principle of the disrespect I don't want any type of compensation because I know that I won't get it even though they should compensate us very well but they could never compensate me for the time and stress that they have put me and my family through I just want what they owe me for my merchandise I do not donate merchandise to people who do not respect my family's well being it's not like  there not making  enough  and some as it is 

Message 60 of 75
latest reply