cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a closed group. Ask to join this group.

I had to have ebay call me to ask to join. Then they sent me a link and I requested to join which is nonsense, it should be automatic. Now when I check it it just tells me I already asked to join this exclusive 'club' that doesn't respond to my request to join. I've been im MP on two accts for over a month now. I had even forgotten about this discussion group. Why is it such a secret society anyway? How do I get a response from them other than you have already requested to join?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Howdy!

What group are you talking about?  I'm confused and am not sure what you are referring to?

-Dippity

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

@dippitydoo wrote:

Howdy!

What group are you talking about?  I'm confused and am not sure what you are referring to?

-Dippity

I am guessing this secret/private group

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Managed-Payments/gp-p/MP

OP said:

Why is it such a secret society anyway?

Good question or where is ebay transparency?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Why is it such a secret society anyway?

That question was asked as soon as the announcement for the "secret" group was made.  eBay is not big on transparency anymore, and we can only guess.  I figured that they did not want potential volunteers to be privy to the info, nor sellers scrambling to other venues to sell.  

The fact that you are already "in for life" and still can't get approval to join is quite interesting.  Maybe you have to sign a "non disclosure" agreement?  

Maybe somebody that was allowed to join can fill us in on the procedure.  

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Apply wait for response and you are in. That was how I did it.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

no, non disclosure agreement........I think they restricted the group to those who were in MP so that there weren't peripheral questions from those who weren't in the program.....  That does make sense.......it's not easy to explain to someone how the program shows various things unless you are in it and can actually see all the pages, etc. 

I would have done the whole thing differently.......but I can see the reason for the restricted group.......

Don't know why someone in MP can't get clearance to get in the group.......unless it's just a breakdown because of the number of people being put into MP......

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

This group is so secret that i don't even know what it is. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Sorry, it's the Managed Payments discussion group. I thought everyone would know that. Someone posted a link above and I will look at it. I just expect it to be the same one ebay sent me that says I already requested to join. I still say it should be automatic and I shouldn't have even had to wait for a call back from ebay and then wait and check, wait and check...

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

It's really not as 'Area 51' as they bill it.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Reminds me of a Woody Allen quote:

“I’d never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.”

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I think they restricted the group to those who were in MP so that there weren't peripheral questions from those who weren't in the program.....  That does make sense.......it's not easy to explain to someone how the program shows various things unless you are in it and can actually see all the pages, etc. 

. . . I can see the reason for the restricted group.

Judging from some of the threads started by people who are not enrolled in the program, I think it makes some sense to restrict it to people who have been transitioned into it.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

It's a conspiracy.    It's how they get you.     They're everywhere.       Spread the word.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I remember the question being asked somewhere, sometime about the length of time it takes to join the group.

One person reviews and accepts new members, manually.  Yup, manually.  One person. 

The list is probably thousands long.

I got in just before the backlog started.   Can't say I have learned anything I didn't already know.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@az93 wrote:

I had to have ebay call me to ask to join. Then they sent me a link and I requested to join which is nonsense, it should be automatic. Now when I check it it just tells me I already asked to join this exclusive 'club' that doesn't respond to my request to join. I've been im MP on two accts for over a month now. I had even forgotten about this discussion group. Why is it such a secret society anyway? How do I get a response from them other than you have already requested to join?

As others have said, it is a waiting game for acceptance once you submit your request.  I have been using MP for about one year and, IMHO, there are more discussions and question asking and answering here on this board and on the regular Payment board than on the dedicated board.  The same eBay MP team member monitors both boards and answers questions when time permits (he always seems to be very busy).

If you have questions ask on the regular Payments board until you gain acceptance to the dedicated MP board.  There are quite a few of us that have been using MP for awhile and would be happy to try and help, if we can.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I was going to say " the odd fellows" but it's MP again....or is it???

Message 15 of 23
latest reply