cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payments

I have been selling on ebay for 15 years. Used to be a power seller, then a top rated seller. I stopped selling for about 3 years with just a few sales here and there when they rolled out all the requirements to take returns. I started selling again about 6 months ago and am now top rated again. NOW managed payments? In what way would I ever need ebay to manage my payments? Ebay is not a bank, they have no business wanting to manage my money and then give it to me when they feel like it? I don't know what is up with ebay but I for one will be gone again at the end of the month since they have informed me I must sign up by then. Why does anyone allow them to get away with this? Why would anyone, for any reason allow them to manage your money?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Managed payments

@bernadine1230 wrote:

Why does anyone allow them to get away with this?

Because it's their web site and we have to go by their rules.

Since Pay Pal decided not to sign another contract, Ebay had to come up with a way we could still be paid.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Why does anyone allow them to get away with this? Why would anyone, for any reason allow them to manage your money?

Because this is ebay's site, and if we want to continue selling here, we have to eventually use Managed Payments.  ebay plans to have all sellers using MP by the end of 2021.

I have been in MP since October 2018.  I have no problems with it.  I like having the FVF deducted from my pending payouts and I like having my shipping labels paid from my pending payouts.  Since I don't use any advanced listing features or promotions, my monthly seller's invoice only includes my store subscription fee.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Fair enough, so some like it. I don't, and since I don't sell because I need the money I will sell on other sites. It is true I make a bit more money when I sell here, I can make money on other sites just as well and I still get to manage my own money. It is important to me. I guess I am a control freak, but I don't like anyone messing with my money.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@bernadine1230   Its not a Seller friendly system ... eBay improves their cash flow by as much as 45 days because they skim their FVFs off at the time of sales.  They no longer have to wait out a 30 day billing cycle then another 15 days to a Seller to pay the invoice and hope the Seller hasn't spent all that money in the meantime.

Sellers, on the other hand, have to wait for their money 2-4 days (as eBay is trying to hold to) or longer.

The accounting piece is not as good as PayPal's either so its just a series of steps backward that we all have to tolerate ... and no, Sellers can ban together and protest or boycott the site ... it would not change anything.

For certain categories eBay is still probably the leader in online sales, exposure and over time has accrued a large following (vintage - antique - unique - collectible stuff).

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@bernadine1230 wrote:

Fair enough, so some like it. I don't, and since I don't sell because I need the money I will sell on other sites. It is true I make a bit more money when I sell here, I can make money on other sites just as well and I still get to manage my own money. It is important to me. I guess I am a control freak, but I don't like anyone messing with my money.

You may very well find that other similar sites have their own payment processing programs too.  So make sure you know what you are signing up for.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 6
latest reply