cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments

I just switched over to Managed Payments.  How long does it actually take for the payment to be deposited in your bank account?  I sold something on February 2 but the payment hasn't shown on my checking account yet and I'm supposed to ship the item out today.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Managed Payments

Paypal is a good payment option. It's very secure for buyers and sellers

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@gooddealdiscounts wrote:

This could be the end of eBay.  Not having access to payments to pay for shipping is very bothersome.   I see nothing good about this.  Another company will come along with a near clone of eBay yet allowing PayPal or other instant method and that will be the end of eBay over time.

In managed payments you can choose to pay for your postage out of the pending payment.  Pick that option on your label printing screen.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@banmihi_0 wrote:

Paypal is a good payment option. It's very secure for buyers and sellers

Yes, indeed it is.  I use it all the time.  But so are many other methods, methods more and more consumers are turning to. 

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

You have to wait between three and five days to get your money. But this can sometimes take days .So you have to be patient to get this money.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Yes, patience is indeed a virtue.

I used to have stuff in a group shop where I got my $$ at the end of the month,  minus operator's cut and next month rent.  Other places pay out bi-weekly.  LOL Imagine if I had to have cash in my pocket before the operator let a buyer haul his/her purchases out the door?  Or if I needed $$ from every sale to run out to buy something to replace every sold item?  I wonder how the average eBay seller that complains about not having "instant" money under MP would deal with that? Millions of group shop sellers seem to handle it just fine.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

You can change the settings so that the cost of the label is deducted from the payout amount. Managed payments is here to stay whether we like it or not. 

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Hasn't anyone noticed that we are paying more per sale now? The percentage has gone up from 10% (for most categories) to 12.35% PLUS the $ .30 per transaction fee PLUS we now are being charged a 12.35% fee for the state tax that eBay collects! I'd like to know how all this ads up to eBay's assurance that "Most" sellers would be paying less once the Managed Payments System was in place. Not according to MY math! It is strong-arm tactics to gouge more money out of us. As if charging us a fee for shipping costs (that isn't even ours to keep)  was not enough of an outrage. I am going to continue to file formal Chat complaints, and I hope other sellers will do the same.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Total fees on item price and shipping used to be 10% + 2.9% = 12.9%

MP fees on item price and shipping now are 12.35%

Total fees on sales tax used to be 2.9%

MP fees on sales tax are 12.35%

The 30 cents part of the total fee hasn't changed; it has just been moved from PayPal to eBay.

The fee on sales tax has clearly increased, but the total fee for item price + shipping has decreased.

Which one works out lower depends entirely on the tax rate in the state your buyer is in.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I cant find a "managed payment" tab to manage my "managed payments" - seems like I am in some kind of limbo looking at old screens  (not using the mobile App - I am on a desktop) How do I find the "Managed Payments" tab?

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

I am usually happy with manage payments, but today I am on a rant.  Ebay cleared less that half of my sales from the last week.     That hundreds of $$$ and the week before they held back over $200.  That's a lot of money I could be using to run my shop that they are keeping in their float and doing what with?   

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

It’s the payment tab in Seller Hub.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Come on!  There are some legitimate beefs with MP, but you having a float forced on you shouldn't be one of them.  If, after so many years selling you don't have the free cash to wait a few days, there is something wrong.  If you have no money for the eventuality of taxes, there is something wrong.  If you don't have funds to pay for lost items, damaged-in-transit items, etc., there is something wrong.  

The money for taxes is really the big one - we had sellers complaining about not having any spare funds late into last year.  What are these people doing when they realize that they owe a hefty tax bill?  

If you are truly going hand to mouth to this degree, perhaps having a small delay in payout, in order to force some fiscal discipline, isn't such a bad idea.  

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Good luck. I sold something on Jan. 7 and still have never received a payment. In the meantime, I've had to pay my account fees while they hold my money. Spoke with a customer service agent who assured me everything was taken care of and it would be 24 to 48 hours. That was almost a week ago. Obviously they are willing to dick me out of ~$30, so I guess I will close the account because what is the point, besides making some **bleep**s willing to cannibalize their own sellers to increase quarterly earnings. I have already spent way more time than that money is worth on this.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

When you are in Managed Payments and a buyer pays eBay, eBay will put a "Ship Now" tag on your item, but you're not required to do so, no matter what eBay says, if you have set an extended handling time for the item. Like a lot of other sellers, I use an extended handling time (15 days in my case) and ship only when the payout reaches my bank. This gives time for eBay's slow payout system to reach your bank. I have added a notice about this to my item description. If you don't, eBay can and will require you to ship the item before you get paid. You do as you see fit.

BTW, eBay is no longer displaying the handling time in the Shipping and Payments tab in item listings. The only way to tell if your handling time setting is in effect is to calculate from eBay's estimated delivery date. Good luck.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Honestly, on the surface, it looks like you're paying more overall. But if you do accounting for the entire month and reconcile it, it comes out to be about the same. Whether I think I get what I pay for from eBay, is a whole other discussion. 

Message 30 of 46
latest reply