cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Still Processing?

I have successfully setup managed payments, have received funds, refunded buyers, withdrawn funds etc. HOWEVER, some transactions take DAYS to process. Even tiny amounts like $4.....

Why is this so slow?
An item sold, the buyer obviously put in all their payment information, what's the hold up? Thanks in advance ebay community.

I am hesitant to ship something that says processing, but hate having to go back and triple check individual orders multiple times to make sure the payment completed. Not to mention I've had to send multiple emails to buyers reassuring them that "I'll ship soon"... It's a waste of time that cannot be avoided.

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Managed Payments Still Processing?

Yes this is a HUGE issue.  I was getting paid by paypal right away and now it is taking a week to get paid.  I am not happy and may go sell else where!

Message 46 of 75
latest reply

Doesn’t take “1-2 days for payments to clear”. Not at all. I was just paid on Thursday. Now it’s a holiday Monday. Money is still processing. 

Message 47 of 75
latest reply

@gemz2rad wrote:

Doesn’t take “1-2 days for payments to clear”. Not at all. I was just paid on Thursday. Now it’s a holiday Monday. Money is still processing. 

@gemz2rad 

I'm unsure as to what you are looking at.  it is 1-2 days to clear the payment, then it moves to Available for transfer.  Transfers ONLY happen on Business days.

So are you saying that your Thursday payments haven't yet moved to Available for transfer or are you say they haven't BEEN transferred to your bank account?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 48 of 75
latest reply

The Thursday payment is not available is still processing. My available balance is zero. This has been my experience with my other payments as well. I have daily payouts set but it still takes roughly seven days to get my money. This is such a downgrade compared to the efficiency of PayPal. 

Message 49 of 75
latest reply

@gemz2rad wrote:

The Thursday payment is not available is still processing. My available balance is zero. This has been my experience with my other payments as well. I have daily payouts set but it still takes roughly seven days to get my money. This is such a downgrade compared to the efficiency of PayPal. 

OK, it seems we are still having some confusion on the process.

Clearing payments can take from 1-2 days.  Once the payment clears, it moves to Available for Transfer.

Transfers ONLY happen on Business days.  For our current week Today is also a federal holiday, so money transfers from MP will not happen today.

Now from what you wrote in this post, you stated that the "Thursday payment is not available is still processing".  Now I do find that unusual as Pending payments typically do clear in 1-2 days.  But until they do clear, they will NOT move over to be in the Available for transfer amount.

I don't know why your payments are taking so long to clear and move over to Available.  I wish I could help you but I'm simply not familiar with this problem.

Now if you received payments on Thursday, they need the 1-2 days to clear, so sometime during the weekend they would or should clear and move over to Available for transfer.  Then on Tuesday morning you should have a transfer for available funds.  Once the transfer is initiated into the ACH system, it can take your bank 1-4 days to post the deposit.

Message 50 of 75
latest reply

I am aware that transfers ONLY take place on business days. Definitely no confusion on my part. The PROCESSING takes 3-5 days. That is what I found annoying as I know this is not typical or fair to me as my items have been delivered yet I’m not paid. 

Message 51 of 75
latest reply

@gemz2rad wrote:

I am aware that transfers ONLY take place on business days. Definitely no confusion on my part. The PROCESSING takes 3-5 days. That is what I found annoying as I know this is not typical or fair to me as my items have been delivered yet I’m not paid. 

I get it that some sellers want MP to work differently than it does, but the facts are clear on how it does work and that is what we have to deal with, not what we wish they would do.  

Message 52 of 75
latest reply

Has anyone actually had a “processing” payment NOT clear? I understand that the buyer cannot cancel, or otherwise change, the order, but what if the card gets denied, or the fund aren’t available in their account? Is this checked prior to eBay notifying you that payment has been made, or is that what the processing is doing? I think that’s what most people on here are worried about. Shipping while it still says, “processing”, then a card gets denied. 

Message 53 of 75
latest reply

I'm on daily payments.  It doesn't transfer over the weekends ... for me at least. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 54 of 75
latest reply

@panteranate42069 wrote:

Has anyone actually had a “processing” payment NOT clear? I understand that the buyer cannot cancel, or otherwise change, the order, but what if the card gets denied, or the fund aren’t available in their account? Is this checked prior to eBay notifying you that payment has been made, or is that what the processing is doing? I think that’s what most people on here are worried about. Shipping while it still says, “processing”, then a card gets denied. 

When any company pings a funding source for a payment being made by a customer, whether it is on Ebay or at a B&M, for that payment to be approved, that funding source has told them the payment is fine and will be funded.  So no what your concerns are aren't any possible just like they weren't possible in Paypal.

The only types of payments in PP that would be pending until clearing the funding source were Echecks.  And PP told us NOT to ship yet until the payment clears.  This isn't an issue in MP since Echecks aren't accepted in MP.

Message 55 of 75
latest reply

paypal was very good, i got my money right away, i think ebay as a whole is a nightmare. Next they'll want your 1st born as payment !

Message 56 of 75
latest reply

What you do is tell ebay and buyer that the shipment is processing . Fair is fair. 

Message 57 of 75
latest reply

@electronics07sell wrote:

What you do is tell ebay and buyer that the shipment is processing . Fair is fair. 

@electronics07sell 

That depends on what your goal is.  If you are of the opinion that misery loves company, then that works.  But trying to drag your customers into a disagreement you have with one of your vendors is rarely a good idea.  

Can you imagine walking into your favorite B&M.  They have a greeter that stops you before you enter to explain to you some issues they are having with one of their vendors that will affect you as you shop.  That isn't likely to go over well for anyone.

I know this transition can be very difficult for some sellers.  An important thing to remember is that a buyer has NO ability to change, modify, cancel or otherwise mess with a payment once they submit it.  They can't do it in MP anymore than they could have ever done it in MP.  The money will come to you.

Message 58 of 75
latest reply

When you got your money instantly for 7 years the idea that pleasnt surprise is tough. I am dealing with it but its really hard to understand how Paypal was able to do it. Ebay pays out on mon, tues, wed, thursday. So if you sell something thursday night it could be Tues before they send money then a day before it shows in my bank, The byers gets the product before I get there money that is ridicioulous.

Message 59 of 75
latest reply

Yes they can I sold a laptop for 160 ..buyer contacts me and says it was damaged. I said start a return and when i recieve it he will get full refund. The buyer says I am out of the country and cant return it. Asked for partial refund but wouldnt provided me pics of it or bo so i could turn it in to shipping insurance. SO i refused and he opens a case and states the items isnt as described. Ebay pulls money from my account and puts it on hold. 5 weeks later case is setlled in buyers favor somehow even though i told ebay about the message he sent me.

I lose laptop and the 160   then Ebay charges me $20.00 for "defending me over the case" ..if buyer uses paypal they have all the poiwer and ebay does nothing to mprotect you!!

Message 60 of 75
latest reply