cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

I realize most are not in phase 2 or group 2 managed payments yet but everyone will be soon. Without warning, eBay placed me in group 2 and now I no longer get invoices. Store subscription fees and any FedEx/UPS fees are yanked out of my checking account without a heads up. 

I have phoned multiple times and there is no ability to pay these fees with a credit card. Basically eBay has decided (unlike our customers) that their customers must pay cash for everything. 

There is no plan to send an invoice warning that the fees are now due.

There is no way to pay ahead of time. These store etcetera fees, which are not directly associated with a particular sale the way FVFs are, will be first taken from any current sale funds, and then from your checking account if there isn't enough in your MP account. Trying to account for partial deposits, month-later shipping fees deducted, all of this non-associated costs will be a nightmare. 

Are people really ok with this?

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@firesteel_surplus wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

But...what "payment" are you asking about?

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Store subscription fee, I’m guessing. If you’re on the 15th plan or whatever, store fees were usually taken out the end out the month. Wondering when those store fees are going to get pulled from a bank account.

Don’t mean to speak for the one that ask the question. I was wondering as well.

If it is the store subscription fee, I don't know yet. I haven't been on a full month rotation. If the fee comes out on the 15th, I'll know in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing they will...which I would prefer anyway. Right now, my FVF, PLFs, and UPS shipping fees are coming out of my MP account. The FVF are immediate, the PLFs are kinda hit and miss...might be a day or two after the sale, and the UPS fees came out at the beginning of the month. That is where my fees are right now.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Please circle back and let us know about the store subscription fee.

mcdougle4248 and everyone else that is still following this....

It took awhile but for Feb, my store subscription fee came out of my MP account. For Feb 2021, it came out on Mar 2, 2021 and showed up as so:

Amount due for invoice dated Feb 2021
For invoice ID *********-48
Completed

For me, the amount was $21.95

As others have said...I wish ebay would let us keep money back in our account instead of just wiping it out every day or every week (like I have mine set up). I wouldn't mind keeping a minimum of say $50 or $100 in there just to cover stuff in case I had a week of weak sales.

So there you have it.
Mike
Firesteel Surplus

Message 91 of 105
latest reply

Re: Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

Was going to update, but couldn’t find the thread. I still have a negative 5.86 balance. The .91 cents from Feb 4th and the store fee of 4.95 from Feb 17th. They sent an email day before yesterday that they will take it out of my bank account in 3 days. I have the option to pay via credit card or bank account.

I’m guessing no sales due to negative balance? I can’t confirm that, just a thought.

@firesteel_surplus 

Thanks for the update and finding the thread again! It’s tough to do with the new boards.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 92 of 105
latest reply

Was going to update, but couldn’t find the thread. I still have a negative 5.86 balance. The .91 cents from Feb 4th and the store fee of 4.95 from Feb 17th. They sent an email day before yesterday that they will take it out of my bank account in 3 days. I have the option to pay via credit card or bank account.

I’m guessing no sales due to negative balance? I can’t confirm that, just a thought.

@firesteel_surplus 

Thanks for the update and finding the thread again! It’s tough to do with the new boards.

Couple of things here...

I'm *guessing* your lack of sales might be due to about 90% of your items are Hard Rock Cafe shot glasses. Your sales have been somewhat spotty in the past the way it was but you are right...Feb just dropped completely off. I don't think having the negative balance should have affected your sales though. I don't know...pay the balance off and see if that kickstarts things again? That is weird though.

I click on the little bell thing (next to Community Help at the top of the page) to find previous threads. That's the Notifications icon. If you receive a "Helpful" in a thread, it will show up there, along with the topic. That is how I found this long dead post. LOL. I'm going to give your post a thumbs up to make sure you have at least one to find in this thread. 🙂

Good luck on your sales.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 93 of 105
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus  Thank you. Lack of sales are my fault. I was just curious if the negative balance had any effect on it. I’ve never been one to complain about slow sales. I’m just an occasional seller and volunteer on the board.

@mcdougle4248  Tagging you back in.

The at mentions are still having problems. 😩

Message 94 of 105
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus  Thank you. Lack of sales are my fault. I was just curious if the negative balance had any effect on it. I’ve never been one to complain about slow sales. I’m just an occasional seller and volunteer on the board.

LOL...I misunderstood...I thought you were kind of complaining about your slow sales and I was trying to give you what I thought was my expert opinion. I'll crawl back in my cave. 🙂 Going back on topic...I really don't think having the negative balance would..hurt...or ebay...suspended...your sales. I just can't see that happening. I would think that after so many days, ebay would either just take it out of your MP if you had more sales or from your bank account and carry on. I think you just got into a dry spell.

That happens to me. I'll have gobs of sales for a week....then POOF!...nothing for 3-5 weeks. I have no idea what causes it.

I guess I term myself a part time seller but I'm also a volunteer on the board. I try to help out where I can and I try not to create too  much mayhem in the process 🙂

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 95 of 105
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus 

No cave to crawl back into. All good! Appreciate your response. Wishing you many sales!

Message 96 of 105
latest reply

Ebay is insane and I want out this was the last straw NOT THE ONLY SELLING SITE.  INVOICE PEOPLE WE PAY YOU< WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS NOT THEM>  

EVERYONE CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREA AND YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL.  

THESE POLICIES ARE OUTRAGOUES 

Message 97 of 105
latest reply

Nope not being notified and we get the same ridiclous notices about things we don't need part of the new ebay bullying experience MOVE TO ETSY FAR BETTER 

Message 98 of 105
latest reply

@jasonjburgess wrote:

EVERYONE CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREA AND YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL.  

THESE POLICIES ARE OUTRAGOUES 

Don't know what good that would do, they don't own Ebay?

Have a great day
Message 99 of 105
latest reply

@jasonjburgess wrote:

Nope not being notified and we get the same ridiclous notices about things we don't need part of the new ebay bullying experience MOVE TO ETSY FAR BETTER 

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me as you contradict yourself in your statement.  If you are getting them but just don't read them, that is your choice.  You have the right to do that.

Why would you move to Etsy.  They have the SAME money processing system as Ebay does.  If you don't like it here, you aren't going to like it there.

Make sure you do your homework.

@jasonjburgess 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 100 of 105
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

April 1st, I got invoiced, April 5th PAID the invoice, also on April 5th, eBay took the money out for THAT invoice a second time?!?  Have you ever tried getting your money back for one of THEIR errors?  IMPOSSIBLE and I'm really hating this new payment system more and more!!!

Message 101 of 105
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

April 1st, I got invoiced, April 5th PAID the invoice, also on April 5th, eBay took the money out for THAT invoice a second time?!?  Have you ever tried getting your money back for one of THEIR errors?  IMPOSSIBLE and I'm really hating this new payment system more and more!!!

You will need to call Ebay and get your double payment refunded.  YOu may have missed the email that informed us that these fees were now going to be taken from your MP account.  Ebay didn't make an error, they did what they said they were going to do.  

The option to pay on your invoice has to be there as MP is not yet taking international shipping charges, they are still having that billed to our monthly invoice.

I hope you get this fixed easily.  Good Luck!

Message 102 of 105
latest reply

I am not ok  with it. When I had to go on managed payment program I started making my own monthly spreadsheet. I`m very uncomfortable with taking their word for it. Also my shipping labels are still going thru PayPal. I will opt out of that the next time I print some out. But, according to the rep that I spoke with said they would still go thru PayPal if there wasn`t enough in my account. In fact his explanation was so convoluted  I just couldn`t wrap my head around it (and I`m a retired endgineer) I feel like this whole arrangement is to keep us in the dark. What is the problem with sending a monthly bill.

Message 103 of 105
latest reply

@cincoc1 wrote:

I am not ok  with it. When I had to go on managed payment program I started making my own monthly spreadsheet. I`m very uncomfortable with taking their word for it. Also my shipping labels are still going thru PayPal. I will opt out of that the next time I print some out. But, according to the rep that I spoke with said they would still go thru PayPal if there wasn`t enough in my account. In fact his explanation was so convoluted  I just couldn`t wrap my head around it (and I`m a retired endgineer) I feel like this whole arrangement is to keep us in the dark. What is the problem with sending a monthly bill.

@cincoc1 

You just have some misunderstandings mostly.  You don't have to just take their word for anything.  Have you taken the time to read the policies.  That might be a good place to start if you desire a better understanding of how MP works.

As to your shipping labels.  There is an option on EVERY label you create in Ebay, at the bottom, on the left just above the purchase button.  

MP Funding a Label with desc.JPG

With your PP account, if you choose that, it will be driven by how you have your PP account set up for how the shipping gets paid for.  In PP, in  your site preferences, you can have it pull from your PP funds, your attached checking account or your attached Credit Card.  I use my CC.

The following links are very informative and easy to read. Lots of great information in these articles that contain information you should be aware of. After you read them you will likely have questions. Come on back and ask whatever you need to.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/How-does-the-updated-eBay-payments-experience-work-...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-f...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Infographic-How-payouts-work-when-eBay-manages-paym...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Changes-to-the-eBay-invoicing-process/ba-p/32004201

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Know-your-options-to-pay-eBay-fees-and-selling-costs...

Message 104 of 105
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 105 of 105
latest reply