cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

I realize most are not in phase 2 or group 2 managed payments yet but everyone will be soon. Without warning, eBay placed me in group 2 and now I no longer get invoices. Store subscription fees and any FedEx/UPS fees are yanked out of my checking account without a heads up. 

I have phoned multiple times and there is no ability to pay these fees with a credit card. Basically eBay has decided (unlike our customers) that their customers must pay cash for everything. 

There is no plan to send an invoice warning that the fees are now due.

There is no way to pay ahead of time. These store etcetera fees, which are not directly associated with a particular sale the way FVFs are, will be first taken from any current sale funds, and then from your checking account if there isn't enough in your MP account. Trying to account for partial deposits, month-later shipping fees deducted, all of this non-associated costs will be a nightmare. 

Are people really ok with this?

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

@tink012 wrote:

I realize most are not in phase 2 or group 2 managed payments yet but everyone will be soon. Without warning, eBay placed me in group 2 and now I no longer get invoices. Store subscription fees and any FedEx/UPS fees are yanked out of my checking account without a heads up. 

I have phoned multiple times and there is no ability to pay these fees with a credit card. Basically eBay has decided (unlike our customers) that their customers must pay cash for everything. 

There is no plan to send an invoice warning that the fees are now due.

There is no way to pay ahead of time. These store etcetera fees, which are not directly associated with a particular sale the way FVFs are, will be first taken from any current sale funds, and then from your checking account if there isn't enough in your MP account. Trying to account for partial deposits, month-later shipping fees deducted, all of this non-associated costs will be a nightmare. 

Are people really ok with this?

No. But unfortunately it appears that eBay Managed Payments mission creep is going to continue to steadily roll on down the hill.

I have always paid my eBay fees using a credit cards that that offer me rewards in the form of airline miles and points towards free night stays at various hotels. For myself and many other sellers here, this is going to amount to another dip of the hand into the ol wallet.

And unfortunately for other sellers this will be considered a feature rather than another loss of another valuable seller benefit caused by the program.

eBay Managed Payments Blood From A Turnip 02-01-2021 2.png

Message 46 of 105
latest reply

Re: Is everyone really ok with no longer receiving invoices and having fees yanked out of checking?

@tink012 wrote:

Sorry to be so late in replying to all the comments, appreciate all the help, but PLEASE NOTE. There is no way for me to request a payment method on the payments tab. I have my credit card listed as preferred payment for purchases, if I were to buy something. But those who suggest I simply need to input my credit card on the payment settings page - that option is no longer there. 

I have confirmed this with the telephone help, they said, well maybe in the future we might put that in but for now it comes out of your bank if your MP balance is negative.

Ok, so I should no longer request daily payouts but leave cash in my MP account? For reasons (I know not everyone agrees) I use FedEx for some shipments. Those can be significant. Plus my monthly store fee.  So I should leave a sockful of cash in MP?

Basically, whether it is from MP or from my checking, eBay is now requiring me to pay my store subscriptions, any promo fees, any misc stuff, I don't know, things that were on invoices in the past, FedEx, UPS maybe?  - now those must be paid in CASH. Not credit card.  Plus I understand the gyrations to account for fees in different months. It simply was simpler to have my overall charges paid via credit card, not partially from a sale (if a few dollars in MP) then partially from my checking. Yes it ties. Yes I can do the accounting. But I prefer a simpler cleaner accounting without extra steps.

Plus. Cash payments for store subscriptions? Everyone is ok with that? Reminder  to those who suggested I simply add my credit card to my  payment settings - there is no place for me to request they use my preferred payment method. My screen does not look like yours.

Wow, your screenshot does not look like what I thought was going to happen with the new "experience".   Your settings options are completely different than mine.  It looks like we will have no choice on how previously invoiced fees and charges are paid...they will all come out of MP funds or the attached checking account if there are not enough MP funds.   I will miss the credit card points. 

Just so others reading this thread can see the difference without downloading your screenshot I am going to attach it here and also attach a screenshot of my Payout settings screen.

OP screenshot

printscreen1.pngMy screen shot

Payout settings.PNG

Message 47 of 105
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@tink012 wrote:

Sorry to be so late in replying to all the comments, appreciate all the help, but PLEASE NOTE. There is no way for me to request a payment method on the payments tab. I have my credit card listed as preferred payment for purchases, if I were to buy something. But those who suggest I simply need to input my credit card on the payment settings page - that option is no longer there. 

I have confirmed this with the telephone help, they said, well maybe in the future we might put that in but for now it comes out of your bank if your MP balance is negative.

Ok, so I should no longer request daily payouts but leave cash in my MP account? For reasons (I know not everyone agrees) I use FedEx for some shipments. Those can be significant. Plus my monthly store fee.  So I should leave a sockful of cash in MP?

Basically, whether it is from MP or from my checking, eBay is now requiring me to pay my store subscriptions, any promo fees, any misc stuff, I don't know, things that were on invoices in the past, FedEx, UPS maybe?  - now those must be paid in CASH. Not credit card.  Plus I understand the gyrations to account for fees in different months. It simply was simpler to have my overall charges paid via credit card, not partially from a sale (if a few dollars in MP) then partially from my checking. Yes it ties. Yes I can do the accounting. But I prefer a simpler cleaner accounting without extra steps.

Plus. Cash payments for store subscriptions? Everyone is ok with that? Reminder  to those who suggested I simply add my credit card to my  payment settings - there is no place for me to request they use my preferred payment method. My screen does not look like yours.

Wow, your screenshot does not look like what I thought was going to happen with the new "experience".   Your settings options are completely different than mine.  It looks like we will have no choice on how previously invoiced fees and charges are paid...they will all come out of MP funds or the attached checking account if there are not enough MP funds.   I will miss the credit card points. 

Just so others reading this thread can see the difference without downloading your screenshot I am going to attach it here and also attach a screenshot of my Payout settings screen.

OP screenshot

Payout settings.PNG

Thanks for helping out with those screenshots @mcdougle4248 !

One of the many things eBay seems to have completely disregarded with this whole "phased rollout of new experiences" is the confusion that is caused when different sellers have entirely different screens, options, and "experiences".  

@tink012 's "experience" is obviously completely different than what most of us have seen so far with MP.  Just when we think we're starting to figure this thing out, they throw another wrench in it.  😕

Message 48 of 105
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@tink012 wrote:

OP screenshot

Payout settings.PNG

Thanks for helping out with those screenshots @mcdougle4248 !

One of the many things eBay seems to have completely disregarded with this whole "phased rollout of new experiences" is the confusion that is caused when different sellers have entirely different screens, options, and "experiences".  

@tink012 's "experience" is obviously completely different than what most of us have seen so far with MP.  Just when we think we're starting to figure this thing out, they throw another wrench in it.  😕

I agree with you, especially for those of us trying to help or get help.  Seller Phase 1 or Phase 2 clarification and screenshots are almost a must have at this point.

Message 49 of 105
latest reply

@mcdougle4248  absolutely! How many "phase 1" sellers aren't even aware there are phases at this point?! 

Does the UA and arbitration clause apply to personal injury suits too? I think we're all going to have a severe case of whiplash from trying to keep up with all of this. 🤣

Message 50 of 105
latest reply

@tink012 wrote:

oh and I do have a cc as my preferred payment in my main settings but they took fees from checking, not my preferred payment. I am not a new seller nor is my preferred payment method new.

eBay has apparently figured out a way to save themselves so $$$ on fees that they likely have to pay to the CCC's . Big as they are, the %age is likely low, but in business every $ counts.

Message 51 of 105
latest reply

@mcdougle4248  absolutely! How many "phase 1" sellers aren't even aware there are phases at this point?! 

Does the UA and arbitration clause apply to personal injury suits too? I think we're all going to have a severe case of whiplash from trying to keep up with all of this. 🤣

Probably many sellers have no idea they are considered to be in Phase 1.   eBay did this same kind of thing when MP first started.  There were 2 or 3, or maybe even more, fee structures being applied to sellers sales depending on when they were activated, or like in my case, an account review changed the fee structure to be specific to my account.

Message 52 of 105
latest reply

Thank you @mcdougle4248 for comparing the screenshots, this was what I was trying to explain. 

Message 53 of 105
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Probably many sellers have no idea they are considered to be in Phase 1.   eBay did this same kind of thing when MP first started.  There were 2 or 3, or maybe even more, fee structures being applied to sellers sales depending on when they were activated, or like in my case, an account review changed the fee structure to be specific to my account.

Here! Ay, yi, yi...

Message 54 of 105
latest reply

@tink012 wrote:

Thank you @mcdougle4248 for comparing the screenshots, this was what I was trying to explain. 

And my thanks to you.  Now those of us in Phase 1 know what to expect.

Message 55 of 105
latest reply

Just tagging on. 
Looks like I’m iii? MP 12/31, store renewed 1/1. My invoice was just billed to PayPal. I had all 4 options under settings yesterday or the day before, now I’m also down to 2, like the OP. 

Insightful thread.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 56 of 105
latest reply

Oh, yes I recall.   I misunderstood and thought that everything looked correct once you were able to download the transaction report.  Sorry.

I would just keep a record of occurrences like this so when the charge does appear you know what sale it goes to.   I have had eBay make errors on international fees and it did take 1 -2 months for it to straighten out. 

That's what I did. I added two fields to my access database for Promoted Listing Fees and ebay user id so I can keep track of what goes to what just in case something does appear 2 months later.

Thanks for the help!

Message 57 of 105
latest reply

So this Phase I and Phase II thing....I never heard of such a thing until this thread. I just signed up for MP about 3 weeks ago when I got the message from ebay to do so. I'm going to guess I'm in....Phaaasssse....II?

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 58 of 105
latest reply

@firesteel_surplus wrote:

So this Phase I and Phase II thing....I never heard of such a thing until this thread. I just signed up for MP about 3 weeks ago when I got the message from ebay to do so. I'm going to guess I'm in....Phaaasssse....II?

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Yes, I believe from what you said in another post regarding fees coming out of MP funds before transfer to your bank, you are in Phase II.

Message 59 of 105
latest reply

The next question is...if you're in Phase 2, when do they take the payment? On your invoice date or your invoice "due" date 15 days later?

My bet is if you're invoiced on the 1st but it's not due until the 15th (if you're in phase 1), if you're in phase 2 they'll take it on the date it's actually invoiced (the 1st).

Message 60 of 105
latest reply