cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my money OUT of eBay, full stop, period

Why did eBay allow me to sale any items fully knowing that I have no bank account linked to my account.  I've been am eBay customers for over 20 years and 99% of the times I buy stuff.  Once in a blue moon I sale something. 

I just made a sale and I need my money out.  My current credit union bank will not allow or work with eBay linked account and for hell I am not going to another bank to open an account.

I just need my money outta of Ebay now and be effing done with this mess.  Why can't Ebay send me a check after a close my account of them?  I NEED MY MONEY NOW

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: I want my money OUT of eBay, full stop, period

@mam98031 I already got my money back mate. Refunded the buyer his money and he paid me via PayPal behind the scenes. I was going to basically give him the item for free rather than eBay keeping the money and all this nonsense.  It worked out for me and it was just around $70 anyway, give or take.  The point is that eBay is OVER, just like MySpace and other places.  

Message 61 of 75
latest reply

The point is that eBay is OVER, just like MySpace and other places.  

Then how is it that all these sales are happening?

How is it that I am having the best year I've ever had in 20 years? 

You sell two items in 11 years and somehow you know this. 

Message 62 of 75
latest reply

@ethanweisinger wrote:

@mam98031 I already got my money back mate. Refunded the buyer his money and he paid me via PayPal behind the scenes. I was going to basically give him the item for free rather than eBay keeping the money and all this nonsense.  It worked out for me and it was just around $70 anyway, give or take.  The point is that eBay is OVER, just like MySpace and other places.  

It is over for you.  And I respect your right to make that decision.   Your reasoning and blaming of Ebay isn't necessary as you were the one that had not updated yourself before returning to selling after a long time away.  That is your responsibility, no one else's.  Ebay sent the email notifications, the program isn't new, it is over 3.5 years old.  

It isn't "nonsense".  You may not like what MP asked of you and again that is your right.  There are over 19 million active sellers on Ebay and most are in MP.  So while Ebay is over for you, there are lots of other sellers that feel differently.  I wish you well wherever you decide to go.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 63 of 75
latest reply

"eBay is OVER, just like MySpace and other places."

well eBay may be over for YOU, but eBay has been rolling along since the 1990's and it  ain't dead yet. MySpace is also still very much alive, mostly transitioned away from social networking to become a curated music and entertainment site and still has millions of visits to the site.

Message 64 of 75
latest reply

brex3038
Adventurer

Ebay vanished my gift card funds from the checkout page and no customer service will help me get my funds back.

I guess this is the "New Normal", corporate tyranny with little oversight.

Message 65 of 75
latest reply

@brex3038 wrote:

Ebay vanished my gift card funds from the checkout page and no customer service will help me get my funds back.

I guess this is the "New Normal", corporate tyranny with little oversight.

@brex3038 

Because it doesn't appear on the checkout page may not mean it is gone, just not currently showing on the checkout page.  On the back of the card is a website and a phone number you can call if there are issues if my memory serves me.  Have you tried that?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

Message 66 of 75
latest reply

Yes I have, no number, one public number that when you call basically tells u to f off and do it through the website. I know its not gone, it was there and when I punched in a number for a new card thats when they vanished before my eyes.

I have talked to the customer chats many times, most of them cant even comprehend English and keep saying I will get an email to help me which I have never gotten yet, and I have been through this about 5x times now.

Message 67 of 75
latest reply

Piggy backing on the tail end of someone elses post that has nothing to do with what you are experiencing, with not help. You need to start your own post if you haven't. The community forums are member to member, not eBay employees.

Message 68 of 75
latest reply

If your bank does accept eBay payments, you have to created supported bank account account and get money to it. There is no any other options. Thanks

Message 69 of 75
latest reply

@bumberell wrote:

If your bank does accept eBay payments, you have to created supported bank account account and get money to it. There is no any other options. Thanks

@bumberell 

What exactly are you referring to.  What is a "supported bank"?  Do you mean a bank that MP accepts?  

Why if you have a bank account that works with MP do you have to get a different account?  Or did you mean doesn't instead of does?

Message 70 of 75
latest reply

This exact thing is happening to me right now and I opened another bank account they said would work (Chime) and it still wont let me link it. I dont know what to do. Its like there holding my 500$ Hostage

Message 71 of 75
latest reply

@annaswanson13 wrote:

This exact thing is happening to me right now and I opened another bank account they said would work (Chime) and it still wont let me link it. I dont know what to do. Its like there holding my 500$ Hostage

@annaswanson13 

They aren't holding it "hostage", you have to comply with the rules.  You have no options to that.  Ebay is required by federal law to have certain info on each seller.  So Ebay isn't trying to cause you any issues, you just need to comply with the info they require.

Please review the below link carefully. It contains very important information as to how Ebay needs to see the information you provide them on your account. It is likely easier to change your Ebay account to match your bank account if you find there to be a difference.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-f...

Message 72 of 75
latest reply

@annaswanson13 wrote:

You need a checking account through a real bank.

Have a great day
Message 73 of 75
latest reply

Hi @annaswanson13 

Even though this is old thread from last year and the Op doesn't sell anymore,

Here's an alternative option if you don't want to add your personal bank account to the managed payments pay out:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/green-dot-prepaid-visa-card/

Get a Walmart Green Dot bank account

Use it only for your ebay transactions.  It's free to order on line, provides a bank and routing number and is perfectly legitimate.  I use one for my ebay transactions and a separate one for my other sites.  I have it for many years an no problems.  You'll see ebay accepts as a bank.  I've had a few people contact me that they were successful with getting a bank account set up.  Give it a shot.

Hope this helpful.  Have a great day.

Message 74 of 75
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 75 of 75
latest reply